SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Digging down a wall

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Digging down a wall

[i] Simeon and Levi are brethren; instruments of cruelty are in their habitations. O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.[/i] - Genesis 49:5-7

Does this word happen with us today, even with us who are the levites of the new covenant? Do we tear down the walls of salvation by insisting upon some point or belief or other such [u]in our own self-will[/u]? Have we hurt or even slew others in our anger because of it?

Some thoughts from this past week in reading this passage.

2007/1/31 2:38Profile

Re: Digging down a wall

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
[i] Simeon and Levi are brethren; instruments of cruelty are in their habitations. O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.[/i] - Genesis 49:5-7

Does this word happen with us today, even with us who are the levites of the new covenant? Do we tear down the walls of salvation by insisting upon some point or belief or other such [u]in our own self-will[/u]? Have we hurt or even slew others in our anger because of it?

[b]Probably :-( I've had it done to me, but have i done it to others without even noticing???

Jeannette[/b]

2007/2/10 14:45
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re: Digging down a wall

WOW!

"Lord, don't let me be a 'splitting wedge' that the devil can hammer on whenever he wants!"

In our little church fellowship (where my dad is a co-pastor), we have been learning a lot about unity and loving one another... it's amazing what little quirks and comments the devil can use to grow a wicked crop of resentment.

"These... things the Lord hates... he that soweth discord among brethren."
(Proverbs 6:16a, 19b KJV)

2007/2/10 21:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy