SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Abortion Books/Resources

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
todd

California

Abortion Books/Resources

I have a short time to try and get a feel for the current state of the abortion issue. I mostly need stats like who is getting abortions (race, age, sex, financial status, etc.), trends in abortion since Roe v. Wade, America vs. other nations, biggest abortion providers (like planned parenthood), and such information.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions (resources). I am especially interested in the most relevant books and maybe DVD's (DVD's would be great!). But I'm not ruling out websites, I'm sure there are some good ones.

Please keep in mind I'm mostly looking for stats and facts, not information concerning the moral/ethical/legal issues surrounding abortion.

2007/1/27 1:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Abortion Books/Resources

todd,
Did you find the info you are looking for? I did a brief search on the web and there is a lot there. Here is a website that has a lot of stats: http://www.abortionfacts.com/statistics/statistics.asp

Some other sites you may want to check out is:

Focus on the Family
National Right to Life
www.lifedynamics.com

Do you have a local Crises Pregnancy Center? If so, call them and tell them what you are looking for and they will be happy to help you. I have given lots of lit to students like you. You will [likely] find a CPC listed in your yellow pages under "Abortion Alternatives" or something similar. BTW, your local pro-life center may not be called "CPC". CPC is a name commonly used to describe a center that ministers a pro-life message to women in a crises pregancy. There are other centers who do not use that name. When you call one and are in doubt, ask them whether they will refer any to an abortion clinic or ask them what they believe about abortion. If they hedge on giving you a definitive answer, I would be cautious about them...just keep looking. And do not be timid about asking questions.....I promise you people who have manned the phones there for any length of time have been asked about any question imaginable and some not imaginable! (I speak from experience.)

Oh, and do NOT go to Planned Parenthood!!!!!!They kill!

Best wishes..and let us know what you found. If you still did not find what you are lookig for, email me with a specific request and I will see if I can help you more.

ginnyrose

2007/1/31 9:46Profile
todd

California

Re:

ginnyrose,

Thank you for your suggestions. I did check out the first site you mentioned and I was bothered that, it seemed to me, most of their research was over 10 years old. I emailed them about it but haven't heard back yet.

In the meantime, I think I found exactly what I was looking for. It's called the Guttmacher Institute. The website is www.guttmacher.org.

So far it's really good.

I might check out that Focus on the Family info.

Thanks again.

Todd

2007/2/3 0:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Todd,

Perhaps I should tell you something else about the stats. If you are a pro-lifer, you will likely be gratified at the drop of the numbers of babies being aborted.

What is happening across our country is the loss of stigma of having a child out of wedlock. The culture of many of these singles celebrate the birth of an illegitimate child. There has been a severe erosion of shame connected with immorality. Hence, many will NOT even consider adopting out their child (which I recommend). They say if they carry the child for nine months no way will they give this child up for adoption. The best solution to this entire mess is to be obedient to the Word which forbids fornication:Let it not once be named among you." Eph. 5:3. But not all are professing Christians either so there you go.....but killing is not an acceptable option to destroy the evidence of sin. If a child has been conceived, he/she deserves to be loved and nurtured by a loving mother and father, biological or adopted.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/2/3 16:05Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re:

Does anyone know if in the statistics of abortion they include those who have been used in embryonic brain stem cell research? I was asked and did not know. I suppose that would be one way to lower your stats--to say, "it;s not abortion if it is for research..." I would never agree with that line of reasoning but some might try to use it. Thanks

In His service,
preacheraflame

2007/2/10 12:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Does anyone know if in the statistics of abortion they include those who have been used in embryonic brain stem cell research?

Interesting question....but I have the feeling whoever would do this are working to justify the procedure....which in the process are destroying their own offspring...just for the sake of research? Come on... who are you kidding!!! Why not kill your four year old for the same reason? Now this question will evoke some shocked responses...I promise! I have used it on AB minded clients....what happened after that, I am not sure...

Now back to your original question, you could contact the site listed below and ask them, they might know.
http://www.lifedynamics.com/

ginnyrose

2007/2/12 14:15Profile

Re: In My Mothers Womb

http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/neil%20g/In%20My%20Mother's%20Womb2.mp3

2007/2/24 18:07
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This is beautiful! I loved it!

ginnyrose

2007/3/12 23:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy