SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Oswald Chambers~ UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST (march)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 21th - Identified Or Simply Intrested?[/b]
[i]I have been crucified with Christ... Galatians 2:20[/i]
Once I reach this monumental decision and act upon it, all that Christ accomplished for me on the Cross is accomplished in me. My unrestrained commitment of myself to God gives the Holy Spirit the opportunity to grant to me the holiness of Jesus Christ.

2004/3/21 17:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 22nd - The Burning Heart[/b]
[i]Did not our heart burn within us...? Like 24:32[/i]
We must learn to maintain the secret of the burning heart-a heart that can go through anything. It is the simple, dreary day, with its commonplace duties and people, that smothers the burning heart-unles we have learned the secret of abiding in Jesus.

2004/3/22 23:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 23rd - Am I Carnally Minded?[/b]
[i]Where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal...? 1 Corinthians 3:3[/i]
If the Spirit of God detects anything in you that is wrong, He doesn't ask you to make it right; He only asks you to accept the light of truth, and then He will make it right. A child of the light will confess sin instantly and stand completely open before God.

2004/3/24 0:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 24th - Decreasing For His Purpose[/b]
[i]He must increase, but I must decrease John 3:30[/i]
When you see a person who is close to grasping the claims of Jesus Christ. And when you begin to see that person in the middle of a difficult and painful struggle, don't try to prevent it, but pray that his difficulty will grow even ten times stronger, until no power on earth or in hell could hold him away from Jesus Christ.

2004/3/24 10:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 25th - Maintaining the Proper Relationship[/b]
[i]...the friend of the bridegroom... John 3:29[/i]
To maintain friendship and faithfulness to the Bridegroom, we have to be more careful to have the moral and vital relationship to Him above everything else, including obedience. Most of our life is not spent in trying to be consciously obedient, but in maintaining this relationship- being the 'friend of the bridegroom.'

2004/3/25 12:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 26th - Spiritual Vision Through Personal Purity[/b]
[i]Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8[/i]
Remember that spiritual vision depends on our character- it is 'the pure in heart' who 'see God.' If we want to maintain a personal intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ, it will mean refusing to do or even think certain things. And some things that are acceptable for others will become unacceptable for us.

2004/3/25 22:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 27th - Spiritual Vision Through Personal Character[/b]
[i]Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place... Revelation 4:1[/i]
God has called you to a higher level. Never allow God to show you a truth which you do not instantly begin to live up to, applying it to your life. Always work through it, staying in its light.

2004/3/26 23:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 28th - Isn't There Some Misunderstanding?[/b]
[i]"Let us go to Judea again." The disciples said to Him, "...are you going there again?" John 11:7,8[/i]
Faith is not intellectual understanding; faith is a deliberate commitement to the Person of Jesus Christ, even when I can't see the way ahead. Are you debating whether you should take a step of faith in Jesus, or whether you should wait until you can clearly see how to do what He has asked? Simply obey Him with glad, unretrained joy.

2004/3/28 3:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 29th - Our Lord's Surprise Visits[/b]
[i]You also be ready... Luke 12:40[/i]
If you are avoiding the call of the religious thinking of today's world, and instead are "looking unti Jesus," you will be considered a daydreamer and impractical. But when He suddenly appears in the work of the heat of the day, you will be the only one who is ready. You should trust no one, and even ignore the finest saint on earth if he blocks your sight of Jesus Christ.

2004/3/29 1:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]March 30th - Holiness Or Hardness Towards God?[/b]
[i]He... wondered that there was no intercessor... Isaiah 59:16[/i]
Worship and intercession must go together; one is impossible without the other. Are we worshipping God in a way that will raise us up to where we can take hold of Him, having such intimate contact with Him that we know His mind about the ones for whom we pray?

2004/3/30 10:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy