SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iran: Mahdi will defeat archenemy in Jerusalem

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Iran: Mahdi will defeat archenemy in Jerusalem

[b]Iran: Mahdi will defeat archenemy in Jerusalem[/b]

State media says, ‘Shiite messiah will kill archenemy in Jerusalem, could come during spring equinox'
Yaakov Lappin
Published: 12.31.06, 13:01
A triumphal religious prophecy has appeared on an Iranian official state media website, heralding the return of the Shiite messiah.

According to the website, "Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his reappearance) will appear all of a sudden on the world scene with a voice from the skies announcing his reappearance at the holy Ka'ba in Mecca."

The Islamic Republic of Iran broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a program called 'The World Towards Illumination,' that the Mahdi will reappear in Mecca and form an army to defeat Islam's enemies in a series of apocalyptic battles, in which the Mahdi will overcome his archvillain in Jerusalem.
Global Threat
Opposition group: Iran behind 80 percent of terror attacks in world / Yaakov Lappin
Iran opposition group releases detailed brief on Tehran's Qods Force, an 'international Islamic army' exporting attacks worldwide
Full Story

The series has been regularly updated throughout November and December.

"The Mahdi's far sightedness and firmness in the face of mischievous elements will strike awe. After his uprising from Mecca all of Arabia will be submit to him and then other parts of the world as he marches upon Iraq and established his seat of global government in the city of Kufa.

“Then the Imam will send 10 thousand of his forces to the east and west to uproot the oppressors. At this time God will facilitate things for him and lands will come under his control one after the other," the website declared.

"After his appearance the Imam would remain in Mecca for some time, and then go to Medina... a descendant of the Prophet's archenemy Abu Sofyan will seize Syria and attack Iraq and the Hejaz with the ferocity of a beast… finally Imam Mahdi sends troops who kill the Sofyani in Beit ol-Moqaddas (Jerusalem), the Islamic holy city in Palestine that is currently under occupation of the Zionists," the IRIB added.

'Jesus will be Mahdi's lieutenant'
According to the Iranian series, the Mahdi will reappear on earth with Jesus: "We read in the book Tazkarat ol-Olia, 'the Mahdi will come with Jesus son of Mary accompanying him.' …Imam Mahdi will be the leader while Prophet Jesus will act as his lieutenant in the struggle against oppression and establishment of justice in the world. Jesus had himself given the tidings of the coming of God's last messenger and will see Mohammad's ideals materialize in the time of the Mahdi."

"The seat of the Mahdi's global government will be the city of Kufa , where his headquarters will be the Sahla Mosque… From here he will dominate the east and the west to fill the earth with justice," the special series predicted.

The website added that prayers for the Mahdi's return were said daily in Iran: "In our time, many pray for his appearance and each day they renew their allegiance to him. 'O God, make me one of his companions, show me his respected and bright visage, and hasten his reappearance.'"

'Mahdi to come during spring equinox?'
The IRIB website is filled with details of the Mahdi's return, including descriptions of physical attributes of "the perfect human being."

"He will appear as a handsome young man, clad in neat clothes and exuding the fragrance of paradise… He has a radiant forehead, black piercing eyes and a broad chest. He very much resembles his ancestor Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).

“Heavenly light and justice accompany him. He will overcome enemies and oppressors with the help of God, and as per the promise of the Almighty the Mahdi will eradicate all corruption and injustice from the face of the earth and establish the global government of peace, justice and equity."

'The World Towards Illumination' series cites some Islamic sources as saying that the Mahdi's return "may coincide with the Spring Equinox... A saying attributed to the Prophet's 6th infallible heir, Imam Ja'far Sadeq (PBUH) says the Mahdi will appear on the Spring Equinox and God will make him defeat Dajjal the Impostor or the anti-Christ as the Christians say, who will be hanged near the dump of Kufa."

from: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3346589,00.html

2007/1/25 11:07Profile
Meriwether

Re: Iran: Mahdi will defeat archenemy in Jerusalem

This is disturbing. What do you make of it all?

This really ramps up the urgency of witnessing and sharing my faith. Time may be shorter than we think.

2007/1/25 12:12Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

This is very interesting to claim that it will happen during spring. I am very ignorant of Muslim prophecies, what will happen if they are wrong? Thanks for posting this. It could be a scary year for unbelievers...

2007/1/25 12:13Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

We may see Jesus' foot step down on the Mount of Olives sooner than we thought. Come Lord Jesus!

2007/1/25 12:14Profile

brave talk.

if I was them, I would be digging nuclear resistant bomb shelters as the Israeli Defense Forces will soon strike Iran.

watch.

2007/1/25 13:31
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
if I was them, I would be digging nuclear resistant bomb shelters as the Israeli Defense Forces will soon strike Iran.

We seems to be very close to that event.

2007/1/25 16:33Profile

Hi, I'm new here, but wanted to comment on this...

First, my concern is that some Christians will mistake a messianic figure (Muslim or otherwise) many religions apparently await the coming of such a person) for the true Christ, when he is likely to be the Antichrist.

The "dominion theology" teaching that the Church will take over the world and present it to the Lord at His coming could be preparation for receiving a false Christ.

Second, while we should be aware and on guard, and let the Lord prepare us for coming persecution - perhaps through an Islamic superpower - we shouldn't let fear take over our hearts and minds. (Isaiah 8:11-13 is relevant).

Easier said than done, I know, but there you go...

What's that hymn that says he who fears the living God has nothing else to fear? Wesley I think...

Yours in the true Messiah

Little G

2007/1/25 17:02
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Bartle

Quote:

this may so, i was wondering however, how that scenario would fit into Ezekiel 38-39 and the war of Gog and Magog with Persia and so on as they march on to Israel and God rises up to defend her. this is assuming of course that this war happens pre-trib coz the alliance described has never been but is being formed now. in that day, as i understand it, the IDF won't have to do anything for God Himself will intervene in such a way that it can't be denied without (at least as i see it) any help from the U.S., IDF or anyone else.

or perhaps i have misread that prophecy? it seems to me that Israel will not pre-emptively attack this alliance but at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if they did, anyhow God will soon show...

2007/1/25 19:01Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
We may see Jesus' foot step down on the Mount of Olives sooner than we thought. Come Lord Jesus!

I agree, let's get out there into the fields and reap a harvest for Him.

2007/1/26 18:18Profile

Re:

Quote:

allhavsinned wrote:
Quote:

Goldminer wrote:

I agree, let's get out there into the fields and reap a harvest for Him.

Let us also be purifying ourselves so as to be the pure Bride of Christ when He returns!

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." 1 John 3:2-3

2007/1/26 20:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy