SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : best KJV bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well ive heard the KJV is the best one according to many ;)

2007/1/24 16:17Profile

Re: best KJV bible?

My King James is the BEST BIBLE EVER!!! :-P

From a previous post:

"My mother gave me my Bible when I was thirteen. It has a black pleather extreior with many crinkles and lines down the front and back of it from constant wrangling (a nasty habit I have when thinking about spiritual things). The title, "Holy Bible DICTIONARY CONCORDANCE" appears in gold on the front cover. "Holy Bible, RED LETTER EDITION, KING JAMES VERSION, NELSON 162" appears in gold along the spine. The top and bottom of the spine are worn away, showing cloth material of alternating red and yellow stripes. Pieces of the cover edges are torn and parts of the edges have fallen away. The visible pages are worn and a lighter pink then when I first received it. The lower right corner of the front cover is bent upwards by about half a centimeter.

On the inside of the front cover is a photo of a standing on a small boat, rowing his way to shore as the sun sets (or rises) behind him in varying shades of yellow, orange and black. On the first page is the outline of a vine and the words,

This

Holy Bible

presented to

Corey

by

Mommie

date

Christmas Day 1986

On the inside back cover are two ancient maps of the Middle East and Israel, entitled "THE JOURNEYS OF ST PAUL"

Within my Bible itself, many verses are highlighted in yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink. Red and blue ball-point pen underlines many verses I deemed important while I taught English in Korea. Notes, in both red and blue pen are scribbled (some unintelligable even to me as my handwriting is atrocious). My favorite books are Isaiah, Ezekial, and Matthew and it shows by all the highlighting and notes in those three monumental books.

My bookstop is an antique gold-plated metal cross that bends into a flat bookmark. The cross itself is intricately designed and I often "stick" the bookstop to my finger (which fits right in the top groove) and flick it back and forth whenever I'm agitated with a certain scripture (and have almost poked myself in the eye with it a few times).

The LORD has taught me to kiss my Bible after I pray, or even when I just see it and feel the need to express my love of the LORD.

I love my bible! She's so exquisite and faithful and has been with me longer than any friend. She's always there when I need it. We've had our disagreements, but my Bible's the better half. She cries with me and laughs with me. She always has a kind word when I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. She embraces me when the world shuns me. When people lie to me, and I lie to myself, She's truthful. I often sleep with my Bible in my bed and She's always smiling in the morning.

My Bible's introduced me to all Her friends and Her Brothers and Sisters. She introduced me to the LORD with whom She's intimate. She's jealous of my relations with the world as the LORD is jealous for us all. She demands my intimacy, love and attention. She's older than any man alive and yet I always seem to find new wonders within her. She's existed since the beginning of time and will be forever young. My Bible's devoted to me and I'm devoted to Her.

Oh, LORD of heaven and earth, bless you forever for bringing me my Bible!"

2007/1/24 18:39
euangelion

Snellville GA

Re:

Quote:
Dake Annotated Reference Bible - Although I don't agree with EVERYTHING that Finis Dake includes, there is a plethora of information and links available.

Good, because there is much in the notes of this Bible that are aberrant.

2007/1/25 2:19Profile

Re:

Thompson Chain because it carries no commentary and is the best reference Bible available. The best concordance and cyclopedia,ever.

2007/1/25 7:11
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I used a Thompson Chain through my early Christian years and it can certainly be a great help to getting a foundation of biblical understanding. The 'chains' are much less obtrusive than Scofield notes and you can ignore them or use them as the mood requires.

2007/1/25 7:31Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Thompson Chain

I have to agree the Thompson Chain. I have had one for over thirty years and it has enabled me to research almost anything. My personal preference is the King James.

2007/1/25 8:32Profile

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
I have to agree the Thompson Chain. I have had one for over thirty years and it has enabled me to research almost anything. My personal preference is the King James.

Get it now on CD. The comp vesion oh so flexible. It's what I use on these forums for fast searching and results. It comes with Strongs, Naves, Easto-Hitchcock Dictionary, etc, etc.$30.US

2007/1/25 8:58
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Dear Ormly,

Thanks, I will check it out.

2007/1/25 9:02Profile

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
Dear Ormly,

Thanks, I will check it out.

Glad to here! You won't disappointed. You'll have speedy access to scripture you that heretofore you couldn't with the book version ...and more of it for any given verse.

2007/1/25 9:20
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

After seriously thinking this over, I have to agree with the Thompson Chain Reference. I probably use this one for study more than anything else -- including computer software.

I actually own both the KJV and the NIV versions of the Thompson. As a person who holds both versions in high regards, I feel that it is quite interesting and educational to refer to both.

I actually impress friends to obtain a Thompson Chain Reference whenever possible. Sadly, they are quite expensive. Ever so often, you can find a new one for a decent price on websites like Half.com or Amazon.com.

:-)

2007/1/25 15:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy