SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Separete Yourself From This World!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Revolution
Member



Joined: 2006/1/8
Posts: 50
Edge of Sodom

 Separete Yourself From This World!!!!!

Steel yourself against the world's strong magnetism. The world has now taken to itself
powerful instruments to beguile each of us. Think of television,that lighted rectangle. What
does it do? It lies and lies and lies to you. It would have you believe in fornication without tears,

Violence without death, death without judgment and indulgence without responsibility. Lies, all lies!
Against these lies, you must be strong. Perhaps it is time to put a sign on the TV set that says,

"This is the voice of Satan." The world's slick magazines should have a sticker on the cover saying,

"Baloney!" Ah, the dulcet voice of this world—believe it not! This world—don't fall in love with it!

1Jo 2:15 Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.

Sure hope that this thread has spoken to your Spirit man to get you to rethink where you are at with the Lord Jesus Christ. We don't want to like the world or we will be judged with them at that appointed time. We are suppose to be acting like Jesus Christ did when He was on the earth, being set apart from the WORLD.

From: The Revolutionist His Bondservant Forever In Christ Jesus \0/ :-?


_________________
Mike

 2007/1/24 11:14Profile
iansmith
Member



Joined: 2006/3/22
Posts: 963
Wheaton, IL

 Re: Separete Yourself From This World!!!!!

I've spent the last three years without a TV, it's been a really blessing time of spiritual growth!

If you're serious about growing closer to Jesus, one of the easiest first steps is to put the TV in the garage or in the closet!

Plus the money you save on cable you could sponsor a native missionary with Gospel for Asia! (www.gfa.org)


_________________
Ian Smith

 2007/1/24 11:21Profile
tjservant
Member



Joined: 2006/8/25
Posts: 1658
Indiana USA

 Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
I've spent the last three years without a TV, it's been a really blessing time of spiritual growth!

If you're serious about growing closer to Jesus, one of the easiest first steps is to put the TV in the garage or in the closet!

Plus the money you save on cable you could sponsor a native missionary with Gospel for Asia! (www.gfa.org)



Amen brother!!!

God Bless

TJ


_________________
TJ

 2007/1/24 11:34Profile
deltadom
Member



Joined: 2005/1/6
Posts: 1838
Hemel Hempstead

 Re:

Quote:


iansmith wrote:
I've spent the last three years without a TV, it's been a really blessing time of spiritual growth!

If you're serious about growing closer to Jesus, one of the easiest first steps is to put the TV in the garage or in the closet!

Plus the money you save on cable you could sponsor a native missionary with Gospel for Asia! (www.gfa.org)



Amen brother!!!

God Bless

TJ

Amen to that I have just come back from India !!!


_________________
Dominic Shiells

 2007/1/24 12:11Profile
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3311
Texas

 Re:

Quote:

deltadom wrote:
Quote:


iansmith wrote:
I've spent the last three years without a TV, it's been a really blessing time of spiritual growth!

If you're serious about growing closer to Jesus, one of the easiest first steps is to put the TV in the garage or in the closet!

Plus the money you save on cable you could sponsor a native missionary with Gospel for Asia! (www.gfa.org)




Well God Bless you, and thanks for your opinion, I was brought to Jesus Christ through the a TV Ministry "Thank You Lord" and if he can bring me into his Kingdom through TV he can and will use TV to bring millions of others, by the way the Internet is a lot worse than TV have you put your computer in the closet yet. :-(


_________________
Bill

 2007/1/24 12:49Profile
iansmith
Member



Joined: 2006/3/22
Posts: 963
Wheaton, IL

 Re:

Quote:
the Internet is a lot worse than TV have you put your computer in the closet yet.


Actually my computer is in my closet (at my parent's house no less!)

We do have a computer in the living room of my apartment, but I only use it rarely.

I set a goal to read at least 3 books a month this year. I'm also studying for the GRE and taking a class called 'Perspectives' on global missions.

Right now I don't have time for either TV or Internet... I do post a little bit during work, but I balance it all out!


_________________
Ian Smith

 2007/1/24 13:15Profile
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3311
Texas

 Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
We do have a computer in the living room of my apartment, but I only use it rarely.



Rarely? be careful! you might want to cut back from rarely, you might be treading on a double standard here. :-P


_________________
Bill

 2007/1/24 13:31Profile
iansmith
Member



Joined: 2006/3/22
Posts: 963
Wheaton, IL

 Re:

The computer in the living room has the home page set to sermonindex... I usually just load it up to run a sermon or some music. Plus it's from my freshman year of college, so it's no good for anything else.

My cute little mac powerbook has to stay at my parents house 80 miles away because I don't need the distractions or temptations it brings.


_________________
Ian Smith

 2007/1/24 14:22Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy