SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is laughing a sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Even us KJV'ers laugh at least once a month.

(Just my feeble attempt to turn this into a KJV debate!!)

[b]LOL!![/b] ...oh no! Thats twice in one day I laughed. Forgive me again Lord. (I'm only allowed to ask forgiveness for this 488 more times.!)

....that last joke will take some of you a minute to figure out. (PM me if you cant)

Krispy

2007/1/23 15:44
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
[b]LOL!![/b] (I'm only allowed to ask forgiveness for this 488 more times.!)

Krispy

I thought that was how many times we forgive our brother, not how many times God forgives us??? :-P

2007/1/23 15:57Profile

Re:

Oooooo... very good!

Krispy

2007/1/23 16:15
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Oooooo... very good!

Krispy

You scared me there for a minute...I passed that number years ago if that is all the forgiveness I get from God... :-o

2007/1/23 16:37Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

This is getting so funny I laughed so hard I shot a tic tac out my nose. Just kidding, but I know someone who did! 8-)

2007/1/23 16:40Profile
lovegrace

Re:

LOL.

Hmm, I thought about writing 'forgive me but that was funny.'

Hmm. (Serious note) I think maybe their is a mental stronghold of 'taboo of laughter'. Hmm, just an interesting sidenote.

Thanks for the laughs. 8-)

2007/1/23 19:12Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Even us KJV'ers laugh at least once a month.

(Just my feeble attempt to turn this into a KJV debate!!)

[b]LOL!![/b] ...oh no! Thats twice in one day I laughed. Forgive me again Lord. (I'm only allowed to ask forgiveness for this 488 more times.!)

....that last joke will take some of you a minute to figure out. (PM me if you cant)

Krispy

*gasp*

shame on you!!! :-P

2007/1/23 23:57Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Goldminer

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
This is getting so funny I laughed so hard I shot a tic tac out my nose. Just kidding, but I know someone who did! 8-)

if that person had to dig in their nose to get that tic-tac (or another one in a similar but separate incident) that is what we call mining for gold ie picking one's nose :-P

2007/1/23 23:59Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Very funny :roll:

I guess we can carry this a bit further and tell a funny story to make all laugh.

My pastor and his family were in an elevator. The pastors son was leaning against the button so the the door wouldn't close. My pastor reached over and smacked him on his hinder parts only to discover it wasn't his son leaning on the button. The lady gave a shreak and my pastor was left with egg on his face trying to explain his actions. :oops:

2007/1/24 0:06Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I am certain we all do laugh from time to time. Recently I was asked to dismiss our youth service Sunday Night and go to a Christian Comedy event at another church- with our youth group. And I ask myself- do we really need more laughter?

Of laughter I said, 'Foolish!' and of mirth, 'What [is] this it is doing?' (Eccl. 2:2 YLT)

This is a good question Solomon asks. What is mirth (amusement) really doing? If laughter doeth good like a medicine- then we are a heavily medicated society and people. To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh and a time to cry, etc. I wonder if we know the timing of these things or [is it] that when we need to cry we seek out something to make us laugh. Again Solomon asks, [i]and of mirth, 'What [is] this it is doing?'[/i]

I knew a Christian police officer (pastor/sheriff) who told me once of the carnage he had seen going into homes at night where a person had been shot or committed suicide. He had seen so much that he said- I sometimes need a good laugh. He used this as an reasoning for being involved in 'holy laughter'. Ironically the night of Christian comedy is called, "A night of joy." I wonder if folk even understand what joy really is? Laughter is such a fleeting feeling. It soon shall pass and then what? Another joke? Another funny event? More mirth? One thing that the sheriff was really saying is that laughter helps him to forget things that he would rather not remember. I am afraid that this happens with believers also.

2007/1/24 8:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy