SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello All

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JKail

Hello All

I just wanted to say hello to everyone, I am a new member...My name is Jake Kail and I am a student at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. I discovered this website about 5 months ago and it has blessed me in great ways...God has been teaching me many things about prayer and seeking His face, and has put a longing in my heart for true revival so it is no coincidence that I have found this website. I look forward to being a member and using the forums and so forth....Bless you all.

In Christ,
Jake

2004/2/29 0:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hello All

Quote:
I discovered this website about 5 months ago and it has blessed me in great ways...God has been teaching me many things about prayer and seeking His face, and has put a longing in my heart for true revival so it is no coincidence that I have found this website.

Hi Jake, Praise God for Him leading you to this website! Yes I do believe you have been divinely appointed to find this resource, I am also very excited to hear of God's working of Grace in your life. I would love to hear more details of this workings in your prayer life and your desire for spiritual awakening. What speakers have you been listening to? If you haven't yet feel free to listen to some of Leonard Ravenhill sermons, he was a great preacher on 'true revival' ! :-D

2004/2/29 0:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Hello All

Welcome Jake!
Not much to add to Greg's comments other than that I too was led here and it is a constant encouargement and continues to amaze me what the Lord is doing here.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Mike

2004/2/29 0:55Profile
JKail

Re:

quote:

"I am also very excited to hear of God's working of Grace in your life. I would love to hear more details of this workings in your prayer life and your desire for spiritual awakening. What speakers have you been listening to?"

Well to give you some brief history...I was brought up in a great Christian home but never surrenderd my life to Christ til the end of my freshman year of college (I am now junior). It was a radical conversion, and I devoured the entire Word of God in about 3 weeks following and have been continuing to grow. Over this past summer, God really layed on my heart the importance of prayer, and becoming more aquainted with the ministry and leading of the Holy Spirit. Reading books by Jim Cymbala and A.W. Tozer have been great influences and challenges to me. As of most recently, the Lord has been showing me how to just wait upon him in prayer. I have loved pastor Cymbala's sermons, they truly stir my heart and challenge me to greater growth...others I have enjoyed are David Wilkerson, Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, Bob Phillips, and Carter Conlin. It is so refreshing to hear pastors who will preach the Word of God with power and authority...This is lacking today in the body of Christ. I praise God for this ministry, thanks for your time and effort in putting this thing together; it is a blessing.

2004/2/29 0:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It was a radical conversion, and I devoured the entire Word of God in about 3 weeks following and have been continuing to grow.

WOW brother it seems the Lord has done a similar work in my heart also. Prior to my conversion, the Lord had me read His Word for 2 weeks straight and then one night I have my life to Him and He brought me from death to life in Christ. For more details you can read my testimony if you want:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=911&forum=44&13]Webmaster's Testimony.[/url]

Quote:
Reading books by Jim Cymbala and A.W. Tozer have been great influences and challenges to me.

Amazing also these two authors were pivotal in my really growing in my spiritual life about 3-4 years ago. God worked and gave me such a desire for more of Him and His Spirit's working in my life. I would have to say Jim Cymbala really opened my eyes to the necessity and need of prayer as the pivotal and paramount activity of the Christians life.

Quote:
It is so refreshing to hear pastors who will preach the Word of God with power and authority...This is lacking today in the body of Christ. I praise God for this ministry, thanks for your time and effort in putting this thing together; it is a blessing.

You are definetly right and thats my conviction also that there is a lack of ministers proclaiming the truth of God in its fulness, not being scared of offending people. Please become as active with this ministry as you feel led, you can:
[b]Pray[/b] ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1069&forum=16]Praying for SermonIndex.net in 2004[/url])
[b]Participate[/b] ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1210&forum=12&2]Help write descriptions for the sermons.[/url])
[b]Promote[/b] ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=805&forum=16&0]Printable PDF SermonIndex Flyer!!![/url])
[b]Partner[/b] ([url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=555&forum=12&2]Become a partner with this ministry today![/url]).

2004/2/29 1:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Saw an interview with Jim Caviezel where he said he recieved a phone call from Mel, "Mel? Mel who? Mel Brooks?" shortly after their first discussions about him playing the role of Jesus.
In the call he related to Mel, "It just dawned on me, my initials are JC and I am 33 years old."
Mel replied, "You're freaking me out" and hung up.

Jake,
A.W.Tozer was what originaly caught my attention here and was also right in the middle of reading the Cymbala 'trilogy' at the time...
FMO

2004/2/29 9:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
reading the Cymbala 'trilogy' at the time...

It has seemed that the Jim Cymbala books: [i]Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire[/i], [i]Fresh Faith[/i], and [i]Fresh Power[/i] have turned into a trilogy. They are becoming classics in modern day Chrsitian literature and definetly are worth reading. They will [b]stir[/b] your heart for revival in your own life and the life of your congregation. Jim Cymbala gives a common sense approach to Christianity and displays it in action through his wonderful church in which I had a chance to visit. When he spoke at that church it really seemed that his words had a special unction that went straight to the heart. It felt like they were words from above spoken through a humble servant. I was so caught up by the way God was working in that church, if you are ever in New York don't miss out, visit that church!

2004/2/29 10:04Profile
JKail

Re:

Quote:

"It has seemed that the Jim Cymbala books: Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, Fresh Faith, and Fresh Power have turned into a trilogy. They are becoming classics in modern day Chrsitian literature and definetly are worth reading. They will stir your heart for revival in your own life and the life of your congregation."

Greg I agree with you...I believe those books speak very propheticly to the church today, calling us to wake up. I sense strongly that the Lord is calling me to full time public ministry, and besides the Bible, those books have been the most instrumnental in giving me a vision for ministry. Praise God for his work in that church! I plan to visit someday soon as well...

2004/2/29 13:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg I agree with you...I believe those books speak very propheticly to the church today, calling us to wake up. I sense strongly that the Lord is calling me to full time public ministry, and besides the Bible, those books have been the most instrumnental in giving me a vision for ministry. Praise God for his work in that church! I plan to visit someday soon as well...

Thats great that the Lord is calling you to fulltime ministry. How old are you? Are you thinking of going to a bible school? Yes I do believe that there is a prophetic call in those books in our language of everyday life, and it comes from a simple man, uneducated and not sure in him self. What a wonderful picture of God using the nobody's to accomplish big things for His Names Sake. Jim Cymbala quotes D.L. Moody alot because in alot of ways they have similar stories. Both are uneducated, both simple in their faith and devotion, and both are making a large impact on the world for Christ. I love that quote I featured by D.L. Moody last month: "To keep a broken vessel full you always have to stay under the tap."

2004/2/29 14:04Profile
JKail

Re:

Quote:
Thats great that the Lord is calling you to fulltime ministry. How old are you? Are you thinking of going to a bible school?

I am almost 21 years old, and a junior in college. I'm still waiting to see where the Lord will lead me. I don't have feel a strong tug toward bible college or seminary right now but am open to anyhting that God wants. I have a sense of wanting to be raised up and trained from within a church, but we will see. I am engaged to be married and will be moving to Louisianna, where my fiance goes to school, after the wedding(june 2005). There I hope to get involved in the church my fiance now attends, and see where God takes it from there...

In the meantime I am interning at my home church in Pitssburgh this summer, and involed in some campus ministries at Johns Hopkins where i go to school....

2004/2/29 15:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy