SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lessons in thanksgiving

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Lessons in thanksgiving

I have been put to shame the past few days by a couple of situations that have come before me. First, On Saturday, I spoke with a homeless man whom I have befriended. It rained here on Friday and he said he was soaked to the bone and then spent a cold night on the street. Yet, he went on to say that he knew that hundreds of millions of people in the world went to bed that night without so much as a piece of bread to eat and at least he had something to eat-he was thankful. I was ashamed.

Then, I read again the thread here concerning the incredible trial that Aaron is going through. I am ashamed again, I have the nerve to complain about things being "hard" in my relationship with my unsaved wife. Aaron, my prayers are with you brother.
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
(1Th 5:16-18)

In Christ,

Ron

2007/1/23 8:27Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Lessons in thanksgiving

Dear Bro Ron,

I know what you are talking about. I have been prayerfully pondering this very thing a lot lately.

1Jo 3:16 ¶ Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act 4:35 And laid [them] down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Cr 8:8 ¶ I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

2Cr 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2Cr 8:10 And herein I give [my] advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.

2Cr 8:11 Now therefore perform the doing [of it]; that as [there was] a readiness to will, so [there may be] a performance also out of that which ye have.

2Cr 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.

2Cr 8:13 For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:

2Cr 8:14 But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality:

2Cr 8:15 As it is written, He that [had gathered] much had nothing over; and he that [had gathered] little had no lack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hbr 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
[color=6600CC]in the Strongs entertain means:[/color]
1) love to strangers, hospitality, ) hospitable, generous to guests

1) friend, to be friendly to one, wish him well

a) a friend

b) an associate

c) he who associates familiarly with one, a companion

d) one of the bridegroom's friends who on his behalf asked the hand of the bride and rendered him various services in closing the marriage and celebrating the nuptials

1) a foreigner, a stranger

a) alien (from a person or a thing)

b) without the knowledge of, without a share in

c) new, unheard of

2) one who receives and entertains another hospitably

a) with whom he stays or lodges, a host

[color=6600CC]I am in the USA so I can only speak from my position. I feel that God is going to bring the church back to first century Christianity. To love the unlovely. We have come to the place where we fear taking people into our lives and homes. The news has made it to where we think everybody is murderer of thug. We will minister on their turf but not really take them into our lives. This is why we have no power manifest in the church. It is the laid down life that manifests His power. I want to say brother I commend you for befriending a street person, I haven't even gotten there yet, that why I am just musing about what has been going through my heart. If you look at people who are ministering, or did minister, in this way you will see a different picture. Take Rolland and Heidi Baker in Pemba Mozambique. They take in any orphan that comes to them. They don't just herd them into buildings, they become adopted into theirs or others families. They are no longer orphans. This ministry is seeing blind eyes opened, deaf ears unstopped and the dead raised and large numbers coming into the Kingdom including many Muslims.

It is the love of God that impacts those around us. They will know our religion is genuine when they see the love of God manifest through our lives. I hope you don't take this personal because it is an indigment against me. God wouldn't leave us out in the cold and rain. But fear has left them out there. I am speaking of myself here. This is the reason why. [/color]

------------------------------------------------
Hbr 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
---------------------------------------------
Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
-----------------------------------------------
Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

-------------------------------------------------
[i][color=6600CC]This is the reason the church in America isn't more effectual. Our treasure is too important to us.We love our stuff too much to endanger it. We love our lives too much to lose them. I am talking to me, you just caused me to think about it again. Again Rolland and Heidi Baker are seeing blind eyes open, deaf ears unstop and the dead being raised. They are seeing great numbers come into the Kingdom because of love. They take in orphans and adopt them. They don't just house them they become a part of families. All their associate ministers are required to adopt orphans. Yes they have stuff stolen, Heidi says so what. Yes they have been in many life threatening situations, but the love of the lost is more important than saving their own lives. We in the USA are afraid for our lives and our stuff. This is because we don't trust God to keep us or understand that we won't go one minute before we are supposed to if we are walking in His calling. We don't have to fear what man can do unto us, we need to fear God. [/color][/i]
We have to come to the place where stuff means nothing to us. We don't need the lates ipod, but someone needs love and shelter. We don't need the most expensive shoes or jeans we need to lay our lives down a living sacrifice which is our reasonable worship.

having said all that I know I'm not there but I am thankful that God is about to make large segments of the body of Christ into this kind of Christians. The world will see what real love looks like. This will cause love and hate and persecution to come upon the church. Mostly from the jealous church who will have to explain away the power that is displayed through self-sacrificing love. Their own lack of power and love will make them hateful. The more the true church continues to show them love the more mad they will get, it will really be the enemy working through them. But the real will continue to do the works of Jesus.

I am preaching to myself. We are about to see a revolution in love and persecution.

2007/1/23 10:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy