SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

DREi wrote:
If God had other books out there, they would have been included with the 66 books in the Bible.

actually there are more then 66 books... the book of psalms are acctually five books compiled to one book

2007/1/23 14:46Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro KK

Quote:
I havent read it. However, just because a writing doesnt contradict scripture doesnt mean it is inspired as the scripture is inspired.

i was speaking specifically to the accusation that the called goes against scripture nothing more.

2007/1/23 15:13Profile
DREi

You are mis-understanding my view

Guys. what I am saying is that what ALL THE CONTENT that God has included IN the Bible is from the Lord and the Word IS THE LORD which is written in John chapter 1 verse 1. What Word is The Bible referred to here? The Word that we don’t have? It’s referring to the Word that we possess of course. And of course I know and believe that many books are written and inspired by people empowered by the Holy Spirit. I’m not denying this. Just look at all the major theologians and evangelists out there and the major christian writers and what they have written. The Holy Spirit inspires many writers. I know a woman from Seattle, Washington who was raptured and then returned back to earth. The Lord showed her a vision of what heaven is and she wrote a book on it. So you can see that I can accept Rahman's vision from God. However, one thing bothers me. Rahman claims some book entitled "The secrets of Enoch." My question to you Rahman is, where/who did you obtain this scroll from?

2007/1/23 16:34Profile
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: Enoch in Jude...

Scofield would have us believe Jude's use of this quotation from Enoch does not suggest that he considered the 'Book of Enoch' authoritative...it is not impossible that Jude is the source from which the quotation eventually found it's way into 'The Book of Enoch', since there is no evidence as to the precise contents of this book until many centuries after the time when 'Jude' was written (c.a.d.68) He (Scofield) also tells us that this is the earliest recorded revelation of the second coming of Christ. Interesting huh?

2007/1/23 19:12Profile

Re:

Philogos wrote:

Quote:
and how about someone who claims his own writings are God inspired and that he "...assembled The Called exactly as i heard it, saw it, was led to, and really didn't question much"?

Very Good brother.
So many say this statement as if it can't be refuted, "I did a study on that once". Big deal!!
The book of Enoch whether it's inspired writ or not, Jude quotes from the first chapter. I am for it. Bring it on.

2007/1/23 20:29

Re:

Quote:
If God had other books out there, they would have been included with the 66 books in the Bible.

You know, did God stop speaking after the 66th book? Does He speak today?, Does He not move upon holy men today to pick up the pen and write down thus saith the LORD? Is not anointed sermons preached directly from the holy Spirit Himself? Do we discount our testimonies? Are they not to be collected and put in a book? Do we not have tapes and books that have inspired us to pray and seek God? Are these to be discounted? Is David and Solomon better than us? Is Peter Paul and Mary more holier than us? Are not the travels and pitfalls of our missionaries in foriegn lands are they not worth writing down? Pauls journeys were written down, why not ours?
Sure we can stop at 66 books, but stopping means that God has stopped talking, stopped leading, the adventures stop at the book of Revelation? I find that insulting, I don't know about you, but the God that is in me still speaks and my journeys are just as important as Pauls or Davids.

2007/1/23 20:44

Re:

Compliments said:

Quote:
Do we discount our testimonies? Are they not to be collected and put in a book? Do we not have tapes and books that have inspired us to pray and seek God? Are these to be discounted? Is David and Solomon better than us? Is Peter Paul and Mary more holier than us? Are not the travels and pitfalls of our missionaries in foriegn lands are they not worth writing down? Pauls journeys were written down, why not ours? Sure we can stop at 66 books, but stopping means that God has stopped talking, stopped leading, the adventures stop at the book of Revelation? I find that insulting...

I suggest you read the warnings in Revelation (22:18 - 19) to people that wish to add or take away from Holy Scripture. There are sixty six books in the Bible... and probably near six hundred apocryphal books "claiming" to be inspired - if you get my meaning.

You're on a slippery slope, brother.

2007/1/23 21:00
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: compliments...

compliments: expression of courtesy, respect...admiration, praise, flattery...an act of politeness...hmmm

Read whatever you want... you ain't no Paul or David...go your own way, that's O.K., no big deal...Yes, Peter, Paul, and Mary were much more separated to the Lord than we are, does that mean that they were more valuable to our Lord?, I don't know, you decide after you have read again Paul 1cor. 3.

2007/1/23 21:07Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro CoreyH

Quote:
I suggest you read the warnings in Revelation (22:18 - 19) to people that wish to add or take away from Holy Scripture. There are sixty six books in the Bible... and probably near six hundred apocryphal books "claiming" to be inspired - if you get my meaning.

the admonition pertains specifically to the word of prophecy recorded in the book of the revelation given to John. at the time the Revelation was given, the canon as we know it was not yet in existance, it came about much later on.i do see your point in that we ought to be careful concerning the scriptures however your argument and use of that scripture is in that context is a misuse of it.

it is also important to note that often times we do place the saints which went before us on a pedastal as though they are better in some way. the truth is as surely as Holy Spirit was with them, He is with us therefore can we not also do all things through Christ as they did? i think it is also important to be aware of one another's experiences that we may see how God is working in us and through us. let us live as like this: if God were still writing scriptures that we would be in them.

2007/1/23 21:40Profile
DREi

My sincere apologies.

Okay guys look. I apologize for opening this topic with that nasty heading about the blasphemy regarding Rahman. I apologize to Rahman Reuben and to every precious saint on this board as well as the moderators on this board. I apologize. I over-reacted. It's just that I get over-emotional about some things as I am a young christian. Im just worrisome when it comes to new teachings. Things like the FAKE "lost gospel of Judas Iscariot," and of that nature. We must procede in caution upon any foreign thing we read and make sure it is Holy Spirit inspired. I have no right to judge off the bat that Rahman Reuben's writing is not Holy Spirit inspired. So I was wrong in that regard. We can now close this argument.

2007/1/23 23:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy