SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Concerning God's Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:
I have repeatedly stated God's Grace is gift to all mankind for it is by Grace we can only be saved, if we appropriate it. God's part = the Gift of Grace.
Our part = receiving it.
Conclusion: God's Grace can be ignored, blasphemed, abused, resisted, presumed upon, etc, etc.
Why? Man has a freewill, even to damn himself.

Ormly, you are spinning! You have maintained that Grace is not unmerited favor and now you are saying it is favor extended to us regardless of merit.

Who's us?

I'm done. I leave you to your distortions and lack of insight.

2007/1/26 10:51

Re:

Does anyone believe one can hold the results of God's Grace, in this case "truth", and be unrighteous?

Romans 1:18-20 (KJV)
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Titus 2:11 (KJV)

Here is an example of man responding to God's Grace, appropriating and then turning their back to it:

Romans 1:21 (KJV)
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Was further Grace from God witheld? Why would that be if it man can't affect it? Also, do you believe this was just a setup for God to get Glory when His wrath is dispensed?

More:

Romans 1:22-25 (KJV)
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Where is it stated in the below verse of God' Grace given that it is to be seen as saving Grace, apart fron other Grace He gifts since all of His Grace gifted is for one to come to repentance?..So stated by Paul.

Romans 2:4 (KJV)
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2007/1/26 12:14
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Romans 1:18-20 (KJV)
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Do these men possess the truth or suppress the truth?

2007/1/26 13:06Profile

Re:

Point is they had it. Since God is the possessor of truth, how did they get it?

Read down a litle further in the chapter.

2007/1/26 13:13
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

What is the truth that is suppressed?

Romans 1:20 tells us:
"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The truth shown in creation is God's Invisible attributes. Examples being: 1) Eternal power and 2) Divine Nature (GodHead). Saving knowledge of Christ is not shown in creation.

Creation is similar to the Law. They both point to Christ, but they in and of themselves do not bring a person to salvation apart from Christ.

I say all of that to now say that I believe you are treading on dangerous ground. Especially in light of your earlier comment:

Quote:
Jesus Said, "Go and make disciples". He never said to go and get people saved. It should be obvious that what I am saying is that they already are and the message given should be about the kingdom of God and its Leadership.

You are insinuating that a person can be a Christian without being told about Jesus or ever reading about Jesus. This is clearly not what is taught in Romans 1. Romans 1 tells us that God is just in punishing evil everywhere it is found because of creation points to the existence of God so that all people are without excuse for not acknowledging Him.

2007/1/26 13:44Profile

Re:

(yawn)

You are in trouble. You need help. Take your pulse, it might be too late.

Do you ever go by any other name like "Bubba"? There is other guy on another who reads just like you. Perhaps you are brothers.

2007/1/26 14:16
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Ormly,

I am noticing something about you. Whenever you feel that your argument is weak you result to diversion.

2007/1/26 14:30Profile

Re:

I'm noticing something about you, also. Your delusional.

2007/1/26 14:32
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I can't believe you are resorting to name calling. I will not respond in the same manner.

May God bless you my brother.

2007/1/26 15:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
I can't believe you are resorting to name calling. I will not respond in the same manner.

May God bless you my brother.

That not a name, it is a condition. Perhaps that also escapes you. Now all I have to do is determine whether or not it is by intention. I persuaded it is because .............

2007/1/26 19:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy