SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CARNAL Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Does anyone hear the Spirt regarding this passage?

We've been told by our Pastors and Teachers that this is talking about willfully sinning some sin in your past life or some other sin. This has nothing to do with what Paul was writing here...nothing!!!

Paul was talking about the Jews going back under the Law. Remember, this letter called Hebrews was exclusively written to the Jews of his day. We benefit from it by not following after the same error as the Jews by trying to live out our own righteousness instead of the righteousness that is obtained only by Faith in what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Our standards, legalism, dress codes, etc.. have no bearing on your righteous standing before God. These other things are your own personal convictions and should not be pushed on others.

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Don't be afraid of the free grace that has been given to us. We make the mistake that grace alone is my license to sin. Not so, shall we sin that grace may abound? God forbid, how shall we who are dead to sin live any longer therein? Let us enjoy the full benefits of the grace of God as dead men.

Many Jews at that time were "falling away" which means that they were "Falling from grace" and going back under the law. This would have been considered a slap in Gods face in saying that Christ sacrifice was not enough, to renew them again to repentance is not possible for Christ was crucified once not twice nor three times.

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE for all.

Many christians have wilfully sinned at one point or another. You felt the LORD speaking to you not to argue with your wife, but you wanted to anyway, you wilfully disobeyed the LORD.

The dictionary says this: Willfully suggests a stubborn persistence in doing what one wishes.

Now come on folks, how many of us have been stubborn in something? That we just didn't want to forgive so and so?? hmmmmm?

We have an advocate with the Father to forgive us from our stubborn ways and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Judge yourself, in your thinking are you trying to please God thru other means instead of putting your faith exclusively in Christ Jesus? Thats why this walk is narrow, because our ambitions to come to God or please God has been stripped, we are left naked. And in our nakedness, HE CLOTHES us with His righteousness, not ourselves.

The Jews stripped themselves of the righteousness of God by faith in what Jesus did on the cross and went back to their filthy rags, their beggerly elements.

Deuteronomy 9:13 Furthermore the LORD spake unto me, saying, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

2007/1/22 11:29

Re:

"Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

For Paul's full meaning try seeing it as One's intimacy with God. "Knowledge", though not carnal, being the operative word.

2007/1/22 17:12
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Compliments wrote:

Quote:
Many Jews at that time were "falling away" which means that they were "Falling from grace" and going back under the law. This would have been considered a slap in Gods face in saying that Christ sacrifice was not enough, to renew them again to repentance is not possible for Christ was crucified once not twice nor three times.

The Corinthians and the Hebrews suffered from the same problem did they not. Both sought to find comfort in religion based on man. In both situations the cure points back to Christ through the Holy Spirit. Division, strife, envy all finds is source in man not God. By the Spirit one is exhorted to learn from our Savior how He brings unity to the body of Christ. By the Spirit one finds not only sanctification from various sins, but more so, the Life of love that the world cannot duplicate.

As long as one looks to man one will not learn this type of love.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/1/22 23:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: CARNAL Christians

can we love the world and act like and still say we love God? Can we be bother hot and cold?
in his love charlene

2007/8/26 1:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

2Cor. 6:11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

2Cor. 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

In this section of Scripture Paul speaks to the babes in Christ. He tells them that they are hindered by their affections for the things of this world.

Likewise James points to this same situation...

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. 1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

The Spirit of God who dwells in us yearns jealously....

In Christ
Jeff

2007/8/27 0:25Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Here is a sermon taught on what Scripture defines as the "carnal christian." This sermon is from "Charity Christian Fellowship." To of the preachers from this church in Pennsylvania will be preaching at the upcoming "Revival Conference."

http://www.charityministries.org/audio/3742.mp3

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/27 2:07Profile
psalm1

Re:

awakewithin,I believe every believer wrestles with something.God didnt de-humanize us when he saved us.
On the other hand "walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
We are deceived on so many fronts.
This salvation is so radical I dont know if true salvation has "ever" been preached.
It is as if the word needs to be so in us that it is our true dna.
And yet this wont do either because you see believers that have incredible scripturee vocabularies and they are so far off it is unbelievable.
Spirit and word through the furnace sharpened and honed through other believers.
Without a battleplan,repentance, humility,dying, humbling ourselves......many things.

But I know I am most changed by spending time with Jesus, This is NUMERO UNO.
The most "natural" thing any of us can do is become carnal..........no pun intended.
....David

2007/9/27 9:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy