SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Excited for God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lovegrace

Excited for God

I know I might be just a young guy with a lot of zeal. But who is excited for God?

Excited to see His face.
Excited to see Him move.

And the list could be added with many other 'excited' moments.

Just curious if anyone else is.

I'm in a waiting season and still excited to wait. ;-)

So. Please share.

2007/1/20 15:27Profile

Re: Excited for God

I hear you brother. I feel it too. God is good. I feel burdened. Too many Christians are not excited about God, they just go through the motions every week at church and never truly [i]meet[/i] with the living God. Pray for them.

2007/1/20 16:30
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
I know I might be just a young guy with a lot of zeal. But who is excited for God?

Keep that brother, whatever else you do. Keep wonder and awe and ... anticipation. :-)

2007/1/20 20:39Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Lovegrace, thank you for sharing your heart and excitement for God. :-) Would hope that all of us here, at such a place, have something similar in common with each other.

To express my own expectation it would be longing more than excitement. Longing...

[i]As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?[/i]

Longing for a pure heart and to be rightly related to Him in every way, to have nothing of an offense to Him in my heart. I want nothing more of a religion and dry formality, of systems and external standards pressed upon others by force.

Longing for a greater sense of the reality of God in my life.

And longing to be free to love and trust Him without any wavering or doubt.

And much much more I suppose.

May God enlarge our hearts for more of Him!

May He shine His face upon you and grant all the godly desires of your heart.

Christopher

2007/1/20 22:12Profile

I'll be happy if the LORD let's me sweep the lowest part of Heaven and scrape the soot from hell off the bottom of New Jerusalem...

If looking on the full glory and majesty of God would have killed Moses, I know I'd be incinerated.

Oh, LORD, let this poor pitiful soul hear the angels glorify Thee from afar! I fear Thee, Oh, LORD! I am but a lowly fatherless, bastard, sinful, gentile, without family, and of low birth. It is sufficient for me to see the hindermost part of Moses, who saw the hindermost part of Thee. Blessing and everlasting glory be to Thee LORD for whatever crumbs Thou, in Thy abundent mercy, let fall my way. Let me fear Thy holiness and marvel unceasingly.

2007/1/20 22:58
lovegrace

Re:

Thanks for the encouragement. I loved that verse.

Quote:
And longing to be free to love and trust Him without any wavering or doubt.

Yea, I'm praying the same. I think America has a problem with showing love. And at times I am 'chained' down to not show love and affection (in a godly way).

May God give us salt. When we say 'Lord, we want this from you.' Let Him answer in salt. Salt salt salt. Just enough to make us scream for 'water'. Not to kill us but to burn deep inside us a hunger and THIRST after Him.

2007/1/20 23:18Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I am excited because I have good news for Corey_H!

[color=6600CC]Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.[/color]

[color=0000CC]1Cr 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: [/color]

God just adores you Corey_H

Now isn't that good news.

2007/1/20 23:30Profile

Re:

Hehe. Thanks for the encouraging words.

2007/1/21 1:17
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Better news ...

Quote:
God just adores you Corey_H

Think He likely [i]abhors[/i] you but loves you just the same, since Christ dwells in you. Which just makes this all that more amazing ...

Quote:
I'll be happy if the LORD let's me sweep the lowest part of Heaven and scrape the soot from hell off the bottom of New Jerusalem...

That's [i]good![/i] Like that ...
I'll get a shovel.

2007/1/21 10:44Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Deu 32:10 He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

2007/1/21 10:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy