SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : you have got to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not ! )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

How can we state that these are paintings of Jesus? Is it not that we have been conditioned to believe he looked like that, and therefore people just assume that he looks like that?

Blessings Greg

P.S. Wonderfull artist, beautifull paintings.

2007/1/20 16:51Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

OOPS please disregard this post :-?

2007/1/20 16:53Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

We may be conditioned but I don't think a little child is. I find that even in scripture men were trying to describe what they saw. It isn't an easy thing because it is so often beyond words to describe.

It would seem if something was so beautiful to us we might paint it out of what was in our spirit. She said his eyes are so beautiful.

I don't think she is trying to make a doctrine, just expressing something that is beautiful to her. She is doing a pretty good job of it too.

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. He can use a little child to open up the eyes of an athiest. Glory to God.

2007/1/20 23:37Profile

Re: you have go to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not !

thank you, may God protect this gift He has given to this young child.

2007/1/21 6:05
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re:

How wonderful.. Simply wonderful.

2007/1/21 6:38Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Dear Sean,

I really like your Thomas a'Kempis quote.

2007/1/21 10:39Profile

Re:

"Why did you paint the portrait of Jesus?"

"It was God's timing; I had been looking for a Jesus model for two years, and I could not find the right face. Then one day I asked my family to pray with me all day. We petitioned God to send the model right through our front door. The next day a tall carpenter came in. He was so humble, and I was surprised that he agreed to model for me. But a week later he called back to say that he was unworthy to represent his master.

"We all prayed together again, and a few days later he called back to tell us that God wanted him to do it, but he had to cut his hair and beard in three days. So we took a few pictures and I studied his face for a long time. After dozens of sketches, I started painting. It took me 40 hours to finish the first Jesus painting –The Prince of Peace-- and I still remember I lost four teeth in that time!"

This girl loves God. Just listen to the way she talks about the Spirit! And I thought my ability to carry a tune was a blessing...

[url=http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/70041/akiane_kramarik_binary_genius_in_poetry.html]Akiane Kramarik: Binary Genius...[/url]

2007/1/23 4:17
Revolution34

Cardiff, South Wales

Re:

Just like to say that I agree with Smokey. I feel very cautious about all this. The girl has a fantastic gift and talent, it seems very supernatural, but something seems to be missing. As Smokey says it is that Jesus focus, there is a lack of cantering on the person of Christ. I know she is a young girl but a spiritual experience does not constitute salvation, salvation revolves around the person of Christ and His work in us. I have met many people who have had a spiritual experience with "God" a kind of a spiritual encounter but the transforming power of Christ was absent. If this girl is saved it would come out, I'm a bit nervous of people like Robert Schuller giving testimony on her website.

My prayer for her is that if she does not know the Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour that this would happen very soon.

I must also add that I am disturbed by a mentality we have in the Christendom to want to claim anyone who is gifted and alludes to any expression of Christianity as one of us. And if anyone tries to define what a true Christian should be like or what a true Christian should live like they are branded as judgmental. Should we not know our own?

I feel we must be careful not to ignore or overlook the real distinctions of a true believer because of our eagerness to embrace the talented or gifted as one of us. Its like the Bono's and Beyonces of this world, professing Christianity but the fruits are void of any quality. Yet we don’t care, we want to take them and parade them to the world to make our religion seem more appealing. If we are not willing to discern who is or is not a Christian we will find our churches filling up (as they already are) with a blended form of new age Christianity, indefinable and indescribable. Be careful "even the elect will be deceived".

2007/1/23 6:30Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: you have go to watch this!!!!! Akiane video as seen on CNN ( believe it or not !

I will have to say, even though I do believe this little girl has had an encounter with God to tell the world He is real, the post by Bro. Revolution34 was spoken with great carefulness and wisdom. I would like go hear more of what he has to say.

We do need to be very careful because everything that is beautiful isn't harmless. We certainly need the witness of the Holy Spirit to quicken our hearts and if we feel that inner check we better listen to it.

Well spoken Bro. Revolution34

2007/1/23 9:21Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Pastor, your post is excellent.

Quote:
I have met many people who have had a spiritual experience with "God" a kind of a spiritual encounter but the transforming power of Christ was absent.

Yes, and this is the very litmus test of a [i]true[/i] encounter with Jesus Christ. A death occurs. One's level of religious artistic brilliancy is no guage for the authenticity of salvation. If this were the case, Michalangelo, Da Vinci, Dali and Carravagio were Christian titans worthy of emulation. Wunderkind abilities to capture the musical and visual aesthetics of creation are no accurate guage either; if this were the case, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart would be a extraordinary believer, as he composed Christian masses and spiritual anthems of superlative beauty in childhood.

Quote:
I must also add that I am disturbed by a mentality we have in the Christendom to want to claim anyone who is gifted and alludes to any expression of Christianity as one of us. And if anyone tries to define what a true Christian should be like or what a true Christian should live like they are branded as judgmental. Should we not know our own?

Yes, we should. This little girl is precious, no doubt, and her astonishing talent is a gift from God, but merely producing gorgeous images of things in heaven and things beneath - and at even such a young age - does not by default carry over with it the transforming power of God that is able to reach into the innermost and quicken that which is dead in sin. I venture to say that if the oeuvre of this little girl is devoid of this, her work will destroy and give false hope rather than life. It will scatter. The fact that the heathen world embraces and spouts vivid acclaim for the fruit of her genius, the fact that unsaved masses can extoll the virtues of her Jesus portrait and it not lead to self-despair is a furtherance of a work merely charming to the eyes and intellect of a dead world, and while succeeding to touch the soulish emotions of unregenerate men and women, it's culmination only leaves untold multitudes with but a warm and fuzzy sense of awe, a platitudinous mental assent to an all-loving, flowery God of universal and unmitigated acceptance void of repentance and the dynamic new birth which leads to holiness, a fierce hatred of sin, and death to self and the world.

Brother Paul

2007/1/23 11:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy