SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : April 1, 1742 David Brainerd

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

April 1, 1742 David Brainerd

this book is amazing, life and diary of David Brainerd by Jonathan Edwards, some things just so get me and i just cant really say anything but Ahhh!!! this is just one day but for me this is good reading :), if you havent already read the book!

“Thursday, April 1, 1742. I seem to be declining, with respect to my life and warmth in divine things; had not so free access to God in prayer as usual of late. O that God would humble me deeply in the dust before him! I deserve hell every day, for not loving my Lord more, who has, I trust, loved me, and given himself for me; and every time I am enabled to exercise any grace renewedly, I am renewedly indebted to the God of all grace for special assistance. Where then is boasting? Surely it is excluded, when we think how we are dependent on God for the being and every act of grace. Oh, if ever I get to heaven, it will be because God will, and nothing else; for I never did any thing of myself, but get away from God! My soul will be astonished at the unsearchable riches of divine grace, when I arrive at the mansions, which the blessed Saviour is gone before to prepare.

2007/1/20 4:41Profile

Re: April 1, 1742 David Brainerd

keep going....1745 is just around the corner!

Wonderful things happen.

neil

2007/1/20 6:59
Branded4him

Ohio

Re:

This is an amazing and soul stirring book.

2007/1/20 12:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy