SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dream of Apostasy - Prophetic Warning - Judgment is HERE!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro C52
thanks for your reply bro. does this mean if a gentile dreams dreams or sees vision then it is not of God? :-? is the Spirit of God not poured out on gentiles in the same manner as it is to the Jew? :-?

2007/1/22 22:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
Interesting, Corey, because in your original email to me, you started by saying:

"Blessings be with you, Brother Josef.

I read your article on SermonIndex.net (SI) and wholeheartedly agree with your argument and conclusions as to what needs to be done."

So much for quoting the people who agree with me right, seeing that just a day ago YOU were one of them??? And not only did you clearly say you agree, but that you wholehearedly agree!

Regarding Andrew Strom, you are attacking a servant of God while being totally ignorant of what he was talking about. I suggest you visit his site: www.revivalschool.com and actually examine his teachings and what he stands for before you attack him.

Josef, I have visited Strom's website and have visited at least three messageboards where Christians have likened his movement to a cult. People say when they question his words or motives, their threads are deleted from his messageboard. I found the article you sent me arrogant, and arrogance is the opposite of humility, so I researched him.

I agreed with your article, Josef, because I know the church as an institution is in trouble. I contacted you, brother to brother, to see what a faithful and outspoken Brother like yourself is doing for God - because there are many false prophets floating around and Jesus told us to "know them by their works". Paul said "prove all things, hold fast that which is good" (Thess 5:21).

When you sent me the article of Strom's I became somewhat agitated...

As to the rest of you folks reading and participating in this discussion, I suggest you read the following verses from the Bible on arguing and contention.

As for me, I'm done with this discussion and I repent of being a part of it - as my contentious attitude and participation in it has become wholly unchristian. I apologise to everyone, including Urban and Strom, if I've offended.

"The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with." (Proverbs 17:14)

"Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife." (Proverbs 26:20)

"He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat." (Proverbs 28:25)

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" (1 Corinthians 3:3)

"For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults..." (2 Corinthians 12:20)

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings, That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." (Philippians 2:14)

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2 Timothy 2:23)

2007/1/22 23:29
Spitfire

Re: I Am A Prophet.

I Am A Prophet. I Am A Prophet. I Am A Prophet. There. How do you like them apples? Who started this whole thing that, "if you were a real prophet you wouldn't say you were a prophet?" I Am A Prophet. I hate being a prophet. I'd rather be dead than be a prophet. I say to myself, "I'll never speak again. What's the use?" But... it's like fire shut up in my bones.

So...lock me up. Call me crazy. Put me in a cage and point at me. Do whatever you want to do. I don't care. Stone me. That would be merciful.

So, you say, I'm one of those who like to have my ears tickled? That's the reason that I believed the word from Josef that started this whole thing. I [i]like[/i] [i][color=CC0033]hard[/color][/i] words. I'd like for what Josef said to be a word from God. That sounds good to me. Let's call it True. And...that makes me "one of the deceived." How sad. There's no hope for me. Somebody put me out of my misery, cause I think I'm a prophet.

How'd you like for a prophet to say, "Go to hell"? That's what Jonah said. How'd you like for me to strip my clothes off right here and lay down for about a year? That's what I feel like doing. Oh, but noooooooo. I like being a prophet. That's what it is. I want all the attention focused on me. This is fun. Hey everybody, look at me, I'm a prophet. That makes me more important than you.

There I said it. Now you know just how crazy I am and you shouldn't listen to a word I have to say. I'm just a crazy mixed up girl who thinks she hears voices. I don't know why you ever let me on this website. Why don't you just go ahead and delete my profile? Then talk about how sad it is when people think they are prophetic when all they really are is pathetic.

Yeah, I'm mad as hell, so I'm sure I'm not a "Christian". I'm absolutely certain you should all just be clucking your tongues.There you go.

If I'm not a prophet, then what am I? I'll tell you what, I should be locked up. Then I wouldn't have to work and I could foam at the mouth and write with my own blood on the wall, Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.

I think I've finally arrived. I'm officially someone that just thinks their a prophet, when all I really am is off my rocker.
Oh.........what's the use? Why do we keep torturing ourselves?

2007/1/23 2:07Profile
ProveAllThin

Re:

This is my first post. I have been an observer for quite sometime but this evening I felt a push. I do not mean to intrude on this topic, only to edify.

Spitfire:
Spitfire my heart aches for you, I can relate with your last post as I have thought, in my own heart, many of the things which you have written. May you find comfort and rest in the Lord. His grace be with you.

Josef:
At first read I didn't like your word, it made me angry, but most importantly it drove me to the word. Right now I am not sure what I think of the word you gave, but I rejoice in that it drove me to the word and I was convicted of areas of unbelief in my heart, which is the worst sin of them all, and now I am seeking repentance that I may Love His appearing, not being ashamed. I thank Him for His unfailing Love for His children.

2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness"

Looking to Him,
-Trevor

2007/1/23 5:18Profile
roadsign

Re:

Dian, I see a real spark of life in you.

Nothing is new. Many still regard Jeremiah, Elijah, and other prophets as suffering from insanity. That is because people typically judge sanity (the norm) according to false standards: pretence.

I once heard a therapist say: "When you think you are going insane, you are really becoming sane." Insanity resides, not necessarily in what looks insane, but in what looks very sane. A good example would be the Jewish religious leaders in Jesus’ day. They had their form (sanity) in perfect shape, all the i's dotted and t's crossed. And they thought they were the sanest of the bunch. Jesus essentially told them that they were out of their mind when he called them hypocrites. Sadly they were unwilling to become insane (weakened, broken) so that they could have true sanity (be strong in Christ).

When God strips us of our pretence, we indeed feel and look crazy. We no longer have anything to hide behind. That always invites the sneers of our righteous, all-put-together peers: “Look at her, she’s a real looser!”

As long as we can focus on the other person’s perceived faults, and regard him as insane, pathetic, or off-the-wall we never have to look at ourselves, and we never have to take any of his/her words seriously. That is just another cop out – a way to keep our sins in the dark. It is a way to preserve our self-righteous pretence.

The bottom line is this: Under tribulations all those whose sanity was merely pretence will unravel, but those who have been building inner strength by submitting to God through personal trials and weakness will flourish.

On this thread we have read a prophesy of judgment on the apostate church. We can trust that the message contains a word from the Lord, or we can reject it. No one is forcing anybody either way. It may indeed be a word for someone else, not us. However, if something in it is God’s word for us personally, we mustn’t ignore it. Therefore we need to exercise careful discernment - which involves seeking God rather than merely offering opinions that arise from our own flesh.

If we have been in the habit of ignoring the voice of God through the words of broken jars because we prefer looking at the faults, we may very well some day find ourselves completely unable to discern God’s voice. God will eventually stop talking to us altogether. (Spiritual judgment). How far dare we test God?

The bottom line is this: What is God saying to each of us personally? “Today, IF you hear God’s voice… do not harden your hearts ….”

Quote:
most importantly it drove me to the word

Welcome, Trevor, Of course, this is just where God wishes to drive us. I must admit, some of God's most effective instruments in my life have been those who ticked me off - even causing me to lose sleep.

At times even false or abrasive words can do more to stir us towards God than words that we can easily accept..... An anger response is not always bad.

May God put some fire under us!

Diane

2007/1/23 9:01Profile

My sister Spitfire Dian

I was in Ephesians this morning and I read this precious bit of verse which I sent to you in my spirit:

(and its from the NIV, I beg indulgence from my brothers and sisters)

"There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to one hope when you were baptised--
one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

Ephesians 4:4-6

and at the top of the page I wrote the words that Paul used on that page in other sections:

"humble, gentle, patient" and on the other page:
"thanksgving, kind, compassionate, live a life of love".

Be encouraged, walk into the Gifting's that you have been given by the Lord. Worry not what any man or woman tells you. When the great Chinese revivalist John Sung got lit aflame by the Holy Ghost, the seminarians at the Bible college he was attending had him locked away in an insane asylum for 193 days, so John read thru the Bible 40 times and it was there that he said he recieved his true seminarian training, he was released, went back to China and God used him in a MIGHTY way.

Look what that godless roman screamed at Paul in Acts, "You're great learning is making you insane!" (I parapharse)....and I wonder where they both are now.

From some reason, that Stevie Wonder song, "Don't you worry about thing" has come into my head.

Much love in Jesus, neil

2007/1/23 9:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Not the only one insane ...

Right off the get go here...

Please, save your private correspondence for privacy. Emails and PM's being pulled out and dropped in here is very poor conduct.

Quote:
This thread and the turn it has taken is the very thing that is causing me such despair. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I'm having a really hard time coming to this site or going to church or anything. I just want to die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I agree - it terrible to see people attack and pick apart a clear word from the Lord that stands up to Scripture. This is a timely prophetic warning and clear call for repentance.

May the Lord forgive me for retching this out of it's context if I have ...

Jam 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

To raise questions is to assume far too much, shall we then begin to put up for challenge one hearts grievance against another? Your's against mine, mine against your's? Or is it all to be just untested agreement, personal effrontery, insinuations and ... [i]are ye not partial[/i]?
So much presumption ...

Raised the question about the finality of the words chosen and challenged it. Why? To cause a great disturbance and all these qualifying explanations of [i]that is not to say ...[/i]? Must it need be? Is this the level that we have succumbed to? To jump the rails of inference and suspicion of motive, turn to accusation ... [i]and are become judges of evil thoughts?[/i]

Challenge the fool! My opinion, who cares? Think I don't feel much of the same sentiment; "[i]Why bother[/i]"? Let 'em run ... [i]They mean well[/i]. Is this our standard for integrity and honesty, pragmatism? Is [i]that[/i] an accusation or another question? Shoot, I mean well most all the time, yet my own folly exposes itself time and time again. Would say most of whatever .... spilled out expression in the last week or so ought to come with a warning itself. Not very prayerful, quite a bit of knee-jerk, top of the head, borrowed ... 'experience', gleanings from whatever bit's and pieces loosely stitched together ... Lot of regret, a lot of exposure. One of the beauties of doing what we do here, typing on a mirror that reflects back on us ... If we will look into ... again. See the planks, see the folly, see the natural man usurping ...
Wretch! Hypocrite! Liar! Pride and humility and dishonesty and all these things still brewing and in need of repentance... This honesty business ...
Who dares?

Still the question stands. Is the Lord finished with His people?

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
Jer 3:9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
Jer 3:10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.
Jer 3:11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
Jer 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.
Jer 3:13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

2007/1/23 10:22Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
I Am A Prophet. I Am A Prophet. I Am A Prophet. There. How do you like them apples? Who started this whole thing that, "if you were a real prophet you wouldn't say you were a prophet?" I Am A Prophet. I hate being a prophet. I'd rather be dead than be a prophet. I say to myself, "I'll never speak again. What's the use?" But... it's like fire shut up in my bones.

Well....welcome to the outside of the closet. Myself, I still find myself wrestling with the coat hangers, not sure what I am...but still to afraid to call myself a prophet. How about "general nuisance"? Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?;-)

2007/1/23 10:24Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

I think this passage is key and its what I have been musing over in my own devotions. We have to stay the course and not get too rattled by the goings on of our times that we stop focusing on what needs to be done. With a sword in one hand and a trowel in the other perhaps we need to stay to the work and shine the light of truth in our times.

Dreams and things are motivators at times but I have seen folk that God gave some terrible dreams to just walk away from it as if it were a lite thing. I have no confidence in these things though I know they have their place. We must prayerfully return to the word of God for a word to our generation that will save their immortal souls. Our churches must have shepherds that mine the word of God for a word in due season as the Spirit gives the understanding. Nothing else has the power to speak to our times that is not bible based. It is God's word that He watches over... it is His word that He will bring to pass.

I have had many dreams I believe were from the Lord (I speak as a fool), but each of them had their place and God was doing a work. If I knew they were from God I took them seriously and got busy about cleaning up my own life first. The urgency has to begin with me. Total repentance and forsaking of wickedness and evil. God would go through my life with a comb as it were and pull out hindrances to what He wanted to do. We are conduits of what God wants to say and do in the earth. God is looking for men and women to stand in the gap and make up the hedge. It's our choice. And as John Baptists disciples asked Jesus- so the question RINGS in my mind over and over... are YOU the one or do we look for another? Are YOU the one that will allow the Holy Spirit to reach this generation through your hands and mouth? Are YOU the one totally sold out to God and dead to Sin? Are YOU the one or do we look for another?

2007/1/23 11:06Profile
roadsign

Re: a "damn" illustration

This past Sunday my minister opened the message with this illustration. I think it applies.

"In the book "Holy Sweat," Tim Hansel tells of a guest preacher in a rather large church. This minister began, "There are three points to my sermon." Most people yawned at that point. They'd heard that many times before.

But he went on. "My first point is this. At this time there are approximately two billion people starving to death in the world." The reaction through the congregation was about the same, since they'd heard that sort of statement many times before, too.

And then he said, "My second point . . . " Everybody sat up. Only 10 or 15 seconds had passed, and he was already on his second point! He paused, then said, "My second point is that most of you don't give a damn!"

He paused again as gasps and rumblings flowed across the congregation, and then he said: "And my third point is that the real tragedy among Christians today is that many of you are now more concerned that I said 'damn' than you are that I said two billion people are starving to death." Then he sat down.

The whole sermon took less than a minute."

I wonder, of all the posts I’ve submitted, is this one that will be most remembered? I hope not. But the illustration contains a point worth considering. What bothers us reveals something about our hearts?

I admit, it distresses me that so many use their brain energy to disect ”damn” details, or something they know little about. Or they get obsessed about fringe flaws. Let them go by. They do far less damage than our own negligence of the more important matters. Millions are dying. The environment is about to swallow us alive. Humans are destroying each others. Millions are headed into a Christless eternity. The apostate church builds up momentum because hardened hearts refuse to listen to God. Our neighbor's kids are gettin beat up. Sexual abuse is destroying countless. Don’t you see that the house is on fire?? The question is: WHAT IS GOD SAYING TO YOU AND ME?

We are called to be a unified Body under Christ so that we can be salt and light in the midst of all this! How can we be unified when we are ripping at each other. Ohhhhh, we are missing all kinds of opportunities to bless this world!!

There is plenty of Biblical guidance regarding our responsibilities during these apostate days, and if we keep our eyes there and let the Spirit transform us (Rom 12:1,2) we will be able to survive the spiritual apostasy of our day. And we’ll have something to offer our world. Otherwise we’ll get sucked in, even while we are convinced we are immune from it.

One reason God raises up those to speak his voice prophetically and intercede is because people are NOT reading their Bibles and seeking God. Can we trust God to run his program in his own timing, while we mind our own responsibilities?

Diane

2007/1/23 14:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy