Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

The Fellowship of the Unashamed
by Dr. Bob Moorehead

I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."

The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.

The decision has been made. I am a disciple of

Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down,

back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present

makes sense, and my future is secure.

I am finished and done with low living, sight walking,

small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,

chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position,

promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by

presence, lean by faith, love by patience,

lift by prayer, and labor by power. My pace

is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my

road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,

my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought,

compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back,

diluted, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the

presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,

ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander

in the maze of mediocrity.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until

Heaven returns, give until I drop, preach until all know,

and work until He comes. And when He comes to get

His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.

My colors will be clear.

I am not ashamed of the gospel . . . Romans 1:16

2007/1/19 6:23Profile

Re: The Fellowship of the Unashamed

Kind of sounds like Peter before he denied the Lord.

2007/1/19 8:50
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well todays church needs some more peters,

2007/1/19 9:09Profile

Re:

I guess my point is that Peter was not Peter until he failed. He could not follow Jesus until realized that he had no strength to follow Jesus.

We are not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the Power of God unto Salvation. The Gospel (The Good News of what God has done in Christ), not our self-determination, is what gives us the ability to walk with God from beginning to end.

2007/1/19 9:32
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

welll your right in that brother, its all of God, from him to hom for his glory, Its good to remember that he loved us first... sometimes we take things for granted, i liked this "poem" or what to call it becuse hes kissing the world good bye, im done finisched, im moving on... i belive we need more of that today in our "modern" christianity. And as you were saying keep focus on him , his power, then nothing is impossible, but first we must kiss the world good bye....

2007/1/19 13:08Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

and just like what peter shared in 2 peter 1:1-10.

not only must we believe in His promises, but peter encourage us to also add to our belief godly character.

a christian does not always want to read the word or pray. he must first take that step, and once he takes that first step that does not come with a giddy feeling, God will meet Him and help Him continue on.

Jesus tells us to strive. paul says he presses on and beat his body into submission. does that mean it was all in his own strength? no. we have to make these choices at first in order to remain abiding in Him.

why does a christian not able to abide in him daily? because he did not choose to put God first. God did not choose for him to backslide, but he chose to be selfish. he did not set it in his heart that God will be Lord today so it has caused backsliding.

James 2:18
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

faith in Jesus will produce works.

i believe the writer is not encouraging us to try to run the race in our own strength. i believe he is saying because i TRULY BELIEVE,it has produce a firm stand to go forward feverently and unashamed, it has produce action. now someone who says they believe and remains lukewarm, that person really does not believe, or else it will show in His action.

real faith will naturally produce action.

much of our action does show how much we believe in God's word.

i am very encouraged by this writer because it shows what real faith does. real faith will cause us to not look back, to not desire popularity, to count the cost and know we will not have many standing with us, but we must continue on, even if that means being alone because we rather have Jesus than false frienships. real faith will produce strict discipline that we may abide in Him constantly knowing we must in order to continue hard after Him and not be easily tempted back to the world.

real faith will also help us see to see how wicked we are and seeing this will cause us to see we can do nothing without God, but do we stop there? no! because real faith will continue on, allowing God to do a deep breaking and cleansing in us from the inside out!

2007/1/19 14:05Profile

Re:

I just want you to remember that Peter told Jesus that he would lay down his life for him. He said that even if everyone else denies you and forsakes you, I Will Not Forsake You...

And then Peter forsook and denied even knowing Jesus, and guess what, Jesus was not mad at Him because of it.
It had to happen. Peter, along with every other believer, has to come to, and will continually come to a place where they do not rely on their own strength and determination, but simply on the Promises of God. This is what it means to be sanctified.

I am not talking about a dead faith. But Real Faith looks to God's Promises alone.

We walk now, not because we will never forsake Him, but because He will never forsake us. Read Hebrews Chapter 11. Those people are in that chapter, not because they were strong, self-determined people, but they were all people who trusted in God's promises alone.

Abraham staggerd not at the promise through unbelief, Why?

Because he had nothing else to rely on. His body could not produce a son and Sara's womb was dead.

God had brought him to a place where All He Had, Was The Promise OF God. IF GOd did not come through, then forget it...

2007/1/19 16:37
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i want to be in this fellowship and i belie you do to,,,, lets al do all we can wile we can by his power thrue the Holy Spirit to be a part of the fellowship of the unashamed

and the only reason we look back is..... to kiss the world good bye....

2007/1/19 16:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy