SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Personal Witness Encounter, Part 15

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

A Personal Witness Encounter, Part 15

I would like to share more of the many witness encounters that we have experienced last year and now 2007, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

PART 15

It was Christmas Eve, very cold and windy when I arrived at the market place in my local town. I walked slowly around the square, which was full of Christmas shoppers, that many took tracts. The place was buzzing with people, market stallholders and the Salvation Army band playing Christmas carols. I didn't take Lizzie, my terrier (ministry) dog with me as it was bitterly cold and I had put about three hours by for this street work.

About 20 minutes later I stood in the central part, near a street musician (I decided not to stand near the Salvation Army band as I did that once in another town and one of them told me to move away when they saw me with tracts as I detracted from their charity money collections! This crowd only grace the streets in the UK twice a year.)

The musician stopped playing to get a coffee and said I looked frozen and bought me a coffee too! I had previously put money on top of a tract into his violin case and whilst sipping coffee he picked up the tract and asked about its message. Sometimes this happens, but for reasons unknown to me I did not do the good person test with him, because his first question to me was about the 'afterlife' and did Christians really believe in it.

As my mother had died only a few weeks before (a spiritualist, unsaved) I gave him my testimony, an account of my witness to her on her deathbed (the family didn't know this at the time - she didn't go into hospital to die) and how my mother died a horrible death, quite demonic. The musician was horrified. I mentioned to him a little about the occult, but I said: "The tragic thing is my mother thought this was all from God, she thought she was going to Heaven." I went on to say: "What will bar you from Heaven first and foremost is the fact that you have not taken on board the first Commandment, that is to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind.” I went onto say: "Had my mother put God first in everything, had she obeyed Christ's teachings, read His Word, then she would have understood that God finds spiritualism and all its trappings an abomination. We're told these people will go into the Lake of Fire. I had witnessed and warned my mother of all this a couple of times before and then for the last time five days before she died. (God willing, may it be possible for me to write a more fully account of my mother's dangerous involvement with spiritualism later this year.)

The musician listened closely to what I had to say. He saw different tracts in my hand, especially a tract called the 'Afterlife' and asked if he could have that one as well. He thanked me for talking to him and said that he would read the tracts when he got home. "Carry on giving them out near me I don't mind", he said. I stood, giving out tracts to passers-by and a woman took a tract and said: "Oh, it's not religion is it?" I said it wasn't anything to do with religion and she smiled, took a tract, thanked me and walked on. Then a few minutes later she returned, in a rage and shouted out: "I thought you said it wasn't anything to do with religion, you can stuff this.” With that outburst, she roughly pushed the tract into my hand and stormed off. I said to her in a clear loud voice as she departed: "But it isn't about religion, it's about a relationship with a loving Saviour.” All I got was further abuse. Not only did shoppers hear all this, (some smirked) but nearby people were queuing for the 'hole in the wall' (cash withdrawal) and I turned to them and said: "Well, Jesus was scoffed at, snubbed, sneered at, spat at and He said woe to the world if the world loves us. They hated Him so they'll hate me.” Then I turned around and carried on giving tracts saying "Gospel message?"

Vivien

2007/1/17 11:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy