SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : *Update* Homeless Shelter Ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

*Update* Homeless Shelter Ministry

I just wanted to update everybody on the homeless shelter ministry I have been doing over the past 6 months. I'd like to share a praise report and then ask for prayer.

Praise Report: When I began the weekly Bible study I'm doing at the shelter 6 months ago, part of my hope for the study is that it wouldn't be confined to the four walls of the shelter. Instead, I hoped that through the labor at the shelter, that eventually the ministry there would pour out into the local neighborhood (which is far from being a good place to live... the police seldom want anything to do with the area). Tonight at the shelter, I was simply teaching, and made a passing reference to the open-air street evangelism I have done over the years. Then out of nowhere, 2 or 3 folks who normally come to the Bible study said they would love to go out with me and do some open-air evangelism in the surrounding area sometime.

Prayer request: That the Lord would indeed make it clear and confirm that He would have us do this. Especially given the extremely dangerous makeup of the surrounding community, in which drug dealers, gangs, and pimps rule the area. I believe this probably is of the Lord, especially given the spontaneous nature in which this seems to have arisen.

2007/1/15 22:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: *Update* Homeless Shelter Ministry

Also, if you guys could, please pray that God would open up doors for some of the people at the shelter to be able to obtain large-print Bibles. Many of the folks at the shelter have vision problems, and simply cannot read the very small print $1 Bibles that I get at the dollar store. I'd like something around a 12 pt font if possible.

2007/1/15 23:30Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

You are now in my prayers.

2007/1/19 12:10Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Will pray here also that the Lord will clearly reveal His will in the matter.

Also, I have run across the same problem with the cheaper small print Bibles. Since the larger print Bibles are hard to come by at such low prices I have found a solution in buying the reading glasses that can be found cheaply in the dollar stores and giving those out for those who need them.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/1/19 12:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Ron,

Thanks for the suggestion about the cheap reading glasses. I'll have to go buy some, take my contacts out, and try them out to see if they work well enough. Because I'm pretty blind without glasses/contacts.

God bless

Jimmy

2007/1/19 16:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy