SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good preachers for youth?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Here4Him

England

Good preachers for youth?

I am starting a sermon library for my youth group where they can borrow sermons on CD that i have downloaded from SI.

Can you suggest some preachers on here who are good at preaching to young people or have sermons directed to them?

I know about Jesse Morrell and Winkie Pratney, but could you tell me some more please?

Any recommended video sermons that would be good for youth would also be appreciated (I showed my youth group the Paul Washer video last week- 'Are you saved' and it really opened the eyes of some of my young people to the fact that they have been deceiving themselves).

Thanks!

George

2007/1/15 8:32Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: Good preachers for youth?

A dear brother named Voddie Baucham recently preached at our youth getaway, and he's rock solid on the Word. Here is his website for more info: http://www.voddiebaucham.org

2007/1/15 11:26Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

My teenaged sons have enjoyed Revival Hymn and Leonard Ravenhill's messages.

2007/1/15 12:52Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i strongly recomend keith daniels sermons, they are great, and one of his i belive he is preaching to youths, is a sermon called word of GOD.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4633&commentView=itemComments

2007/1/15 13:02Profile

Quote:
I am starting a sermon library for my youth group where they can borrow sermons on CD that i have downloaded from SI.

That's such a great idea. I wish I had been given access to something like that when I was in youth group... but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm a month shy of 18 years old, so I'm still a youth, and I can tell you this: Feed 'em the real stuff! I may be young, but I can appreciate good preaching when I hear it. If it challenges me, it's good. I'm a big fan of Ravenhill's preaching. I love listening to David Wilkerson. Most of the time it's not the youth-oriented preaching that satisfies me: too much of it is playing down to us, and some of it is even covering it in sugar so it doesn't taste so bad going down. That kind of stuff doesn't challenge me at all. If I'm going to listen to preaching, I'm going to listen to preaching, regardless of whether or not the sermon is directed at young people.

Just give them regular sermons from various people (within reason, of course). Call to Anguish is a good one. Revival Hymn is another. I'm fond of lots of them. Comps are probably my favorite thing to listen to, though.

God bless

2007/1/15 13:34
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

PAUL WASHER....

Great preacher, SI has lots of his sermons to download and some were originally preached at youth events.

2007/1/16 8:00Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Thanks everyone so far. Keep them coming!

Amy, thank you especially, it was encouraging to hear that from you.

I so agree with you! I guess i was asking about preachers who are directing their preaching to young people, but yes you are right- I should give them the best preaching.

I am not a sugar coater honestly! I want my young people to grow up in Christ and become mature, I really do. If they are going to listen to Ravenhill though they will have to set aside the whole evening! He can be pretty long! But hey if they can watch a film for 2 hours (which i am trying to discourage) they should be able to listen to a sermon for an hour and a half!

Thank you for the encouragment that there are young people who are truly hungry for God's Word.

George

2007/1/16 10:23Profile

Judah Smith has a sermon called Dating Delilah that you could include.

It's not exactly a [i]favorite[/i] of mine, but it's got some good stuff and it's a youth sermon... even if I did say that you should steer clear of using only youth-oriented sermons. It's a decent sermon, so you might consider seeking that one out.

you can go to [url=http://www.generationchurch.org/]generationchurch.org[/url] for some of Judah Smith's stuff, 'cause I haven't seen it here on SI. I'll have to figure out where I downloaded Dating Delilah from, 'cause I can't seem to find it again!

2007/1/16 23:41
jordanamo

Re:

Art Katz.. anything.

2007/1/17 5:06Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Here4Him wrote:
I am not a sugar coater honestly! I want my young people to grow up in Christ and become mature, I really do. If they are going to listen to Ravenhill though they will have to set aside the whole evening! He can be pretty long! But hey if they can watch a film for 2 hours (which i am trying to discourage) they should be able to listen to a sermon for an hour and a half!

I wholeheartedly concur, however don't forget that it is these very movies that make it near impossible to pay attention to the longer stuff (although Ravenhill has a way of gripping even the most calloused heart).

May I suggest that you consider breaking up the sermons in order to watch them over a couple of weeks, and encouraging discussion about what has transpired so far? When I was a sales rep, this was kind of how I listened to sermons, catching bits and pieces between sales calls. Also you could try some of the preaching compilations, as they are shorter and get straight to the point. They can also be used to springboard into the sermons that make them up, in order to drive points home.

Another possibility is trying Ray Comfort, as he is highly entertaining, while maintaining a high level of orthodoxy and sobriety (in a humorous kinda way). I have found that "Hell's Best Kept Secret" and "True and False Conversion" have served as a good "gateway" to other speaker. It's funny how waking up to the possibility that you may have been kidding yourself about being "saved", wakes you up to the need to hear a little truth.

One young person that I gave Comfort to listen to, started off being "antiKJV" and now it is his preferred translation (his previous was "the Message"). I don't mention this to spark a KJV only debate, but simply to show how hearing truth can lead to someone taking the Bible a little more seriously, rather than taking the easy road.

Another had heard Keith Daniel early on, and then after hearing Comfort, through to Reidhead, through to Washer and Ravenhill, came back to the Daniel sermon that I had originally given him, and admitted that he thought that I had "lost the plot" when I had given it to him, but now that he understood what it was about, it was one of his most precious. He has now gone from been a "church kid" who played drums and showed up every Sunday, to being a regular open air preacher in Melbourne, every Friday night since April last year.

Good luck, and all the best with what you are trying to acheive. :-D

2007/1/17 6:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy