SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman's Head Covering

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
luke133

Woman's Head Covering

I was just wondering if anyone had listened to the message by Ross Ulrich on the headcovering and what the general consensus on that subject was.[email][email protected][/email]

2007/1/13 10:10Profile
vico

Re: Woman's Head Covering

I can't wait to see where this goes :-) this could get interesting!

I come from a Mennonite background, and the head covering is an area of tension within the churches; having come out of the traditional Mennonite churches.

Over half of the women in our fellowship wear a head covering, and it's kind of said that if you feel that the Lord wants you to wear one, wear one, and if not, then don't. Now, I don't agree with that. I think that we need to go one way or the other (although I'm not saying which way I go...yet ;-) ).

Well I hope this is edifying, and that the body of Christ is blessed ;-)

victor

2007/1/13 11:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

This topic has been covered a few times before, you may wish to peruse the following threads for a plethora of thoughts on this matter...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=9669&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]No Custom? Or No Argument?[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=4351&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Headcovering Question[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11698&forum=36#91119]Do The Bibles Statements on Head Covering Apply Today?[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/1/13 12:00Profile
Meriwether

Head covering is nowhere near an essential doctrine. The only people wearing head coverings with whom I am personally aquainted are in many, MANY theological ditches. They are trying to revive many aspects of living under the law.

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. See Galations for my scripture support... mostly 3:10 - 6:10

Mrs. Meriwether

Head coverings, dietary restrictions, Sabbath issues, you name it. Grace covers it.

2007/1/13 12:10Profile
luke133

Re: Womans Head Covering

How can grace cover direct persistant disobedience? It cant! God can only forgive that which we are willing to forsake. Also, to equate the womans head covering(a NT teaching that was accepted and practised by virtually ALL christians until the last 150 years) with dietary laws and Sabbaths (OT types and shadows that were fulfilled in Christ) is ceartinly muddying the theological waters. The mistake that so many people make is to equate obedience with legalism. They think if anyone says "The Bible teaches that we must DO THIS..." whatever, that they are trying to bring folks back under the law, but how can this be when these things are NT doctrines! Sure you can make a law out of the NT but if our hearts are to obey the Lord because we love Him then this hardly qualifies as legalism.

2007/1/13 12:43Profile
luke133

Re: Womans Head Covering

P. S. To reject a teaching of the Bible because you are aquainted with folks that hold this teaching and are in error in other areas is a MAJOR mistake. Rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater let's go to GOD's Word and see what it says, if it says a lady should not pray or prophecy without a covering then she should wear a covering, [i]if it says men should wear an orange cone on their head, lets do it![/i]

2007/1/13 12:50Profile
roadsign

Re: head coverings

My head is always covered. Because the spiritual beings in the heavenly realms can see it, they know to whom I belong.

"...because of the angels,
the woman ought to have
a sign of authority on her head." 1 Cor. 11:10

... and you have been given fullness in Christ , who is the HEAD over every power and authority." Co. 2:9

Diane

2007/1/13 14:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone had listened to the message by Ross Ulrich on the headcovering and what the general consensus on that subject

Here is the sermon that is being discussed, you can listen to it here:

[b]The Doctrine Of Headship[/b] by Ross Ulrich
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=9313

[b]Description:[/b] An exegesis of I Corinthians 11 on the teaching of the head covering as it relates to God's headship. This is a very straightforward teaching on the subject. Contains a clear explanation as to why the hair is not the prayer veiling.

2007/1/13 14:31Profile
Meriwether

Re:

"Wherever and whenever women do pray and proclaim the Word appropriately, they must do so maintaining a proper distinction from men. In the culture of Corinth, a women's covered head while ministering or worshiping was a symbol to signify a subrodinate relationship to her husband. The apostle is not laying down an absolute law for women to wear veils or covering in all churches for all time, but is declaring that the symbols of the divinely-established male and female roles are to be genuinely honored in every culture. As in the case of meat offered to idols (chaps. 8,9), there is nothing spiritual about wearing or not wearing a covering." --John MacArthur

2007/1/13 15:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Head covering is nowhere near an essential doctrine. The only people wearing head coverings with whom I am personally aquainted are in many, MANY theological ditches. They are trying to revive many aspects of living under the law.

If you are ever over here let me know and I will introduce you to a whole bunch of sisters who are free in God and who cover their heads in the meetings. :-)

2007/1/13 16:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy