Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Preparing for Tribulation -ten boom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Preparing for Tribulation -ten boom

Thanks for posting this article, Greg!

Quote:
There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. [b]These are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world.[/b] I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution. In China, the Christians were told, [b]"Don't worry, before the tribulation comes you will be translated – raptured." Then came a terrible persecution. Millions of Christians were tortured to death.[/b]

And people wonder why I get so worked up over pre-trib doctrine...

2007/6/17 1:32

Re:

It makes me sad that we connect suffering and tribulation with the idea we will escape it through the rapture. Are we talking about two different kinds of Tribulation?

Those In Christ, have suffered, and entered the Kingdom through much tribulation (we've been translated (now) out of this present evil age into the Kingdom of His Dear Son),

But we will not suffer the coming *wrath* of God.

The suffering Christians endure from the moment we are Born Again should be taught to Christians. This is in the Bible, this is what Jesus told us would follow true conversion.

Mark 8:35
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Philippians 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In America, especially, this is a hated Gospel. And those who preach it are persecuted for doing so. There is persecution here in America for preaching the Cross. Our persecution is coming from those who have replaced the Cross with the Flag. You see, in those countries like China, they do not teach that China is the New Promised Land, and that the Chinese Christians are God's New Chosen people. But we are??? They are not told to pray, if "my people will humble themselves, I will heal their land"...but we are??? Why? Are there two different Gospels going around, one for America and one for the rest of the world? We have been made to believe we are more special than any other Christians around the world. The prosperity Gospel here started with Calvinism / Commerce. Those who stand up and tell the truth are persecuted, and told they are anti-american and anti-christ.

I'm sure as I say this, many who believe and have been taught this think what I'm saying is terrible. The fact is, the True Church is the Body of Christ, made up of believers all over the world. Geography or politics have nothing to do with it.

America is just another Gentile world power, and God NEVER made a Covenant promise to any Gentile nation. But I agree, the day is coming when the Lord will humble America. America has built a Gospel (The Gospel of America) built on sinking sand. My prayer is that these other countries will send Missionaries to America....we are lost, lost, lost, in so many different Gospels, that cannot save a flea.

Love in Christ
Katy-did
:-)

PS: Born Again Christians are not in pursuit of happiness, we are in pursuit of Holiness.

2007/6/17 8:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy