Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : LEONARD RAVENHILL

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chad

JC MO

LEONARD RAVENHILL

OK-
I AM A FIRST TIME POSTER, BUT I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO LEONARD RAVENHILL SINCE NOVEMBER. I HAVE READ A FEW POSTS ON PEOPLE WHO HAD ACTUALLY MET HIM DURING HIS LIFE.
ANYHOO-
LEONARD RAVENHILL IS BY FAR, MY FAVORITE PREACHER. THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE SHUNNED MODERN DOCTRINE AND LIVED, "ETERNITY CONCIOUS IN TIME" AND PREACHED FROM HIS HEART GAVE HIM A FIRE AND INTENSITY THAT I ADMIRE.
I THINK HIS BEST SERMON WAS "WHO'S TOUCHING THE ARK?" IT MADE ME THINK ABOUT PRETTYING UP GOD'S WORD.
ANYHOW, I LOVE LEONARD RAVENHILL. SUNDAY NIGHT OUR PASTOR, TOM HARGROVE, QUOTED LEONARD RAVENHILL, AND I WAS ECSTATIC.
I BELIEVE THAT EVERY PREACHER HAS A FAVORITE PREACHER. AFTER JESUS CHRIST, MINE IS LEONARD RAVENHILL.

2004/2/25 10:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: LEONARD RAVENHILL

Hey Chad,
Welcome Brother!

Hehe...
Prior to being graciously led to this site, I had never even heard of the man.
To this day he still challenges my thinking on any number of issues.
Definetly cut out of a different piece of cloth.

He almost seems like a grandfather now...
If you haven't yet, you might want get "Why Revival Tarries" by Leonard Ravenhill.
I know it's available through the link at the bottom here and was a primary source of inspiration for Greg to start this site.

Hope to hear more from you...

Mike

2004/2/25 13:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I AM A FIRST TIME POSTER, BUT I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO LEONARD RAVENHILL SINCE NOVEMBER. I HAVE READ A FEW POSTS ON PEOPLE WHO HAD ACTUALLY MET HIM DURING HIS LIFE.

Welcome to the site brother chad! [i](whew! CAPS are hard to read.. maybe you could tone it down next time .. hehe)[/i] :-D Yes I am so blessed reading the posts and experiences of people who met Leonard Ravenhill while he was alive.

Quote:
Prior to being graciously led to this site, I had never even heard of the man.
To this day he still challenges my thinking on any number of issues.
Definetly cut out of a different piece of cloth.

The way I found out about Leonard Ravenhill is quite amazing. I was at a secular bookstore looking for a Christian book to read, at the same time I was quite downcast over the condition of the Church and felt no one really understood how I felt. I noticed a book called: "Why Revival Tarries" by Leonard Ravenhill.. it caught my eye but I was very suspicous of an author I never heard of before. But then I looked at the front page and saw this quote: "The book comes from above.." A.W. Tozer... I was at the cash register moments later! A.W. Tozer was one of the only authors I really admired at that time (my knowedlge of christian authors was minimal at that time).

During the next month of reading and re-reading that book, God opened up my eyes and also confirmed much of how I felt. And He set my heart on fire to give my all to Him and go out in faith to change the world. And as Mike (crrschk) said 'primary source of inspiration for Greg to start this site.' and SermonIndex.net starts 1 year later.. Praise God for all He is doing. How wonderful it is to hear of someone hearing message of Ravenhill on this site and going out with their hearts ablaze to change the world for Christ!

2004/2/27 1:18Profile
soulfire52

Tulsa, where Jesus is coming back first. :D

Re:

What are the details of his life? When did he live & die, where is he from? etc...

2004/2/29 23:41Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

There's some information here - [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=26&276]Leonard Ravenhill[/url]

2004/3/1 0:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What are the details of his life? When did he live & die, where is he from? etc...

Brief Biography:
Leonard Ravenhill became one of the twentieth century's greatest authorities on revival. His message is drastic, fearless, and often radical. Appalled by the disparity between the New Testament Church and what passes for the Church today, Ravenhill gives a no-compromise call to the principles of biblical revival.

For more biographical information check out this thread: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29&forum=26]Brief Bio![/url]

And I encourage other findings and discussions about Leonard Ravenhill would go in the forum section to devoted to him:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=26&276]Leonard Ravenhill[/url]

2004/3/1 1:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy