SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Purpose Driven Church or the Church of Jesus Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Thankyou God for these words, for they are a fountain to me this morning.

Thankyou Roger.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/3/4 10:48Profile
nobody

Re:

Rookie-

I was enjoying discussing Dr. MacArthur with people when you suddenly interjected a comment that looked like this:

"There is a more perfect way. One man can challenge another can condemn, but it is by the Holy Spirit that one lives. Many unknowingly preach the law and live under the law. Their flocks suffer as the Jews did when they realized that the Holy Scripture did not tell them how to make the Sabbath holy.

Know His voice."

The implication here is either that MacArthur is a false teacher, or that I was showing myself to be in need of some words of discernment, or that you just like to throw in random vague remarks into discussion to see where it leads. Please explain your motivation for the comment. It's not that it is hard to read but rather that it didn't seem to fit anywhere in the discussion at all. Where are you coming from here?

2004/3/5 18:13Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Nobody wrote:

The implication here is either that MacArthur is a false teacher, or that I was showing myself to be in need of some words of discernment, or that you just like to throw in random vague remarks into discussion to see where it leads. Please explain your motivation for the comment. It's not that it is hard to read but rather that it didn't seem to fit anywhere in the discussion at all. Where are you coming from here?

I do not imply MacArthur is a false teacher. Most of what he says comes word for word out of the Bible. What I don't hear from him, is where God does the work. Again, I say he is not a false teacher, he may be a teacher who comes under the category of healing the people superficially.

As you are aware of my belief that the OT saints were born again. I heard MacArthur once state that also. Yet if one carries out the conclusion that MacArthur and I have come to, one must teach all the ramifications of this doctrine.

In terms of the thread, is it not about those who teach man to live under the law? Do this, do that, don't do that. We are all unique in our ability to sin. It is only by listening to Jesus are we convicted what is causing us to stumble. It is only through Jesus do we learn to love others as Jesus loved us. God spoke to Abraham why will He not speak to us? We are under the same covenant.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/3/8 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy