Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : proof of no god

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
luckyd

tx

proof of no god

i believe in god but its just that people sometimes come up to me with questions that i cant always have an answer for...and i know we cant always answer everything but i am very interested in your opinions on this page and if you can answer some of the things that this person has put so that hopefully i could be able to answer other athiest...if anyone has time because i know its long

2007/1/5 11:59Profile
luckyd

tx

Re: proof of no god

sorry i forgot to put the website... http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2002/05/proof-that-there-is-no-god.php

Quote:

2007/1/5 12:00Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

The link did not work.

2007/1/5 13:55Profile

Re:

Try this:
http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2002/05/proof-that-there-is-no-god.php

2007/1/5 13:57
Rahman

Vain and Profane Babblings ...

Hi luckyd ...

i took time to find the article and didn't get very far in it because i've run into such type folk before ... This is the kind of "article" that irks me, and it's good i don't have the ability to call down fire from heaven (But i stand convicted by: Luke 9:51-56) ...

Anyhow awhile back i once worked with a jewish guy who primarily didn't believe in the existence of God for two reasons, the holocaust, and the fact that he was born with a hump in his upper back. He had nothing good to say about the religion he was brought up in, and less about the "fools" who believed ... But what really sent him on a tear were Christians ...

Needless to say i caught a lot of his grief because being young in the Lord when he attacked, i'd attack him back, and we'd go back and forth until one day Holy Spirit said something to the effect of, "He expends an awful lot of energy on Whom he says he does'nt even believe exists" ... i hit him with that the next chance i got, asking him why he was so biligerent toward disproving whom he said he didn't believe in anyway? ... To me atheist are not so much intent on disproving God's existence as they are on attacking and dissolving the faith of we who believe ... That's nothing but the devil! ... Our very faith is the evidence of "things" not seen, and it just sends shock waves thru their satanically inspired still dark pool of strong stagnant delusion ...

Anyway i broke off from arguing/debating with Hal and told him that i would continue to pray for his salvation, but my jab was to let him know that if he took his not accepting Jesus as his savior to his grave, that his destiny was to burn in the lake of fire forever, and that at the end of the age if God would allow i would visit him just once by peering over the edge of the abyss, calling out his name to get his attention, and say: I TOLD YOU SO! ...

In subsequent years i've learned to shake the dust off my sandals in reference to folk like athiest, or anyone else whose main gist is to disprove my God ... i tell them i'll pray for them that Holy Spirit (Who is the One that truly draws) if He's hearing it from heaven will change them from what i percieve as a vessel of wrath, into a vessel of mercy ... The scriptures below explain why ...

[b]1 COR. 1:[/b]
[18] [b]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;[/b] but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[19] For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[20] Where is the wise? where is the scribe? [b]where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?[/b]
[21] For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[22] For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[23] But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
[25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
[26] [b]For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
[27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
[28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
[29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.[/b]
[30] But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
[31] That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1Tim.6
[20] O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, [b]avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:[/b]
[21] Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Below is a commentary on verse 20 in light of the website you listed being called: ExChristian ...

[b]MATTHEW HENRY'S COMMENTARY:[/b]
http://www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/mhc/MHC54006.HTM

(4.) Here is a lesson for ministers in the charge given to Timothy: Keep that which is committed to thy trust. Every minister is a trustee, and it is a treasure committed to his trust, which he has to keep. The truths of God, the ordinances of God, keep these, avoiding profane and vain babblings; not affecting human eloquence, which the apostle calls vain babbling, or human learning, which often opposes the truths of God, but keep close to the written word, for that is committed to our trust. Some who have been very proud of their learning, their science, which is falsely so called, have by that been debauched in their principles and been drawn away from the faith of Christ, which is a good reason why we should keep to the plain word of the gospel, and resolve to live and die by that. Observe, [1.] Ministers cannot be too earnestly exhorted to keep what is committed to their trust, because it is a great trust lodged with them: O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust! as if he had said, "I cannot conclude without charging thee again; whatever thou doest, be sure to keep this trust, for it is too great a trust to be betrayed." [b][2.] Ministers are to avoid babblings, if they would keep what is committed to them, because they are vain and profane. [3.] That science that opposes the truth of the gospel is falsely so called; it is not true science, for if it were it would approve of the gospel and consent to it.[/b] [i][b][color=CC0000]those who are for advancing reason above faith are in danger of leaving faith.[/color][/b][/i]

In conclusion i find the article "profane and vain babbling", and all those with an affinity to such as having a reservation to a fiery eternity ... i tell them such, i pray for them, but i know longer get sucked into such debates ...

Blessings in Christ Jesus!

2007/1/5 14:18Profile

Re: Doesn't this make you weep?

I haven't read the article but in just looking over this site there are things that should cause us to weep! Encouragement for 'Ex-Christians'?!! :-? The more I glance over things on this site the more heartbreaking it is. These are souls lost and going to hell. They are so deceived. Is anyone else weeping over this? "Oh God, open their eyes, even as you opened mine."

I know this is kind of off the topic of what Luckyd brought up...but are we burdened for souls like these?

2007/1/5 14:24
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re:

"Ex-Christians" seems a bad title, maybe "Never-were-Christians" would be better. It's so funny to me that people make up grand-sounding long and intellectual words to make up things. Maybe this makes lying sound more credible. Didn't get far, lots of assumptions made and I usually can't get far beyond them.

2007/1/5 14:43Profile

that is a sad sad website.

You know lucky D, this is a very brief time we have on earth, and I'll tell you what, if this life, HERE, was all there is, its pointless and futile.

But a heart that seeks, hears ,sees, and percieves, can know the Truth, that Yahweh created us for more than just eating, sleeping, working, breeding, etc.

Much more. Its is the Spirit within us, the Holy Spirit that testifies to this truth, and you can talk, reason , argue with those that don't believe, and you might as well be talking to a wall. No mere human words can cut thru the morass of a person bound and wound with an unbelieveing heart.

I once heard a story about a girl, who was weeping to a preacher man, in just abject misery, " I can't say that i love Jesus, I just can't!" and he told her, in your private moments, just keep saying to yourself, "Jesus loves me".

she did this, and the Holy Spirit testified in her heart to this truth, and i don't have to tell you the rest of that story, because you know it.

neil

I pray for them that made that site, May God have mercy on them.

2007/1/5 16:06
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i often get a "feeling" that most people who say they are christians actually have no idea what a christian is, or should be like, not that we all are exactly the same in everything, but i think you get what i meen.

may the lord in his mercy and grace and goodness show us the way to be an supernatural burning light in this dark world and let his holiness show from our life, that men and women may se his glory thru our supernatural walk in holiness in this filthy world, ohh that we would be more like him,

Real christianity, we only have one life, what are we doing whit it? i just get a bad feeling thinking about what are people going to say at the judgement seat? he not only gave us christ, he gave us ALL things, ex-christians, is there such a thing?

i dont belive so, who could cast away god once they where born of him? who cold take his eyes of Jesus once they have seen him as he really is?
ex-christians, its sad, who was it that said that hed seen just as many carnal christians as he had seen holy pagans,

i dont know what to do but pray, so lets all pray

christian

2007/1/5 16:08Profile
dohzman

Bro. Rahman

Quote:
and that at the end of the age if God would allow i would visit him just once by peering over the edge of the abyss, calling out his name to get his attention, and say: I TOLD YOU SO! ...

I know I shouldn't laugh at this but your statement, unscriptural as it is, hit my funny bone! Bless you Brother.

2007/1/5 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy