Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A new ideal with a old God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
fattyslim

Iraq

A new ideal with a old God

new ideals with a old God

God has been around long before we ever thought about being around. He set his ways and they are unchangeable. In Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not. This is true, God has never changed, waver, stop, or started anything different than that which is in the bible. God set a perfect plan for us to be saved, and how to worship him. The problem has never been God, it has always been us. We as mankind have changed it. We added to it, and taken away from it.

In 2Sa 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drove the new cart.

Here we find a good example of added or changing Gods word and ways. God told the nation to carry the ark. 1Ch 15:2 Then David said, None ought to carry the ark of God but the Levites: for them hath the LORD chosen to carry the ark of God, and to minister unto him forever.

You may say this doesnt count as the same thing as adding things to the church, or preaching. Dear beloved it does. It is the same, they didnt mean harm, they didnt do it to defile God. They did it because they had learned how to make carts, and thought it would be easier. But God said carry that ark. Thats how I want it done. My beloved friends, these same ideals are entering in to are churches. I see so many churches focus on singing and plays, popcorn. The bible said 1Co 1:21 it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. Our churches are becoming worried about numbers instead of preaching a hell, fire, and brimstone gospel. I have heard how God will make you healed, make your life better, make your job better, give you success, just change your life, and trust Christ. You may change and die of cancer, or have hard times with money all your life. You can change your life all day long and die and go to hell for eternity.
David said The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell got hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Oh my friend if we put the gospel thats gives this kind of results away and get us a new cart, were will are children be in years to come. God said preaching, preaching, preaching, thats how I was saved, I heard a message about how I was lost, and would die and go to hell. But there was a Savior who paid the price for me. I left Faith Missionary Baptist Church under the convicting power of the Holy Ghost that night. I was saved the next night, on my knees in my living room floor by the couch. It was one week after my 22nd birthday. I think God, that Bro. Clark didn't preach anything new, but the same old repent and trust Christ. I have children of my own, I want them to hear Jesus saves, not change your life, or repeat after me. I want the same Holy Sprit to break there heart and cause them to repent of there sins and trust Christ. My friends we as the caretaker of God word cant let it be put on a new cart. The results of the new cart

1Ch 13:9 And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled.
1Ch 13:10 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God.

I hope and pray that we as Gods people will keep the good old preaching of Gods word, and not change it just because times have. I have been told I was so narrow minded I could see though a key hole with both eyes. ha ha .I am not knocking singing, or fellowship with Gods people. Its just preaching the gospel cant be replaced to see people saved. Let just hold on to the truth and when Jesus comes back, he will find us laboring just the way he told us to.

Sgt. in Iraq

2006/12/26 19:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: A new ideal with a old God

Amen brother. If we use the world to win the world the world will win us! Keith Daniel speaks on this subject with anointing from God:

[b]The Power of Prayer (video[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4224

Here are some great pictures that put picture to what you are describing brother:

[b]Modernism's Deadly Work[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1552

[b]Is this Cause of the Drought?[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1554

[b]Preach From This Platform[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1562

2006/12/26 19:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A new ideal with a old God

Sgt. wrote:

Quote:
In 2Sa 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drove the new cart. Here we find a good example of added or changing Gods word and ways. God told the nation to carry the ark.

hmmm, I never noticed this before. Thanks for pointing it out.

I used to think God was harsh for killing Uzzah like he did. Look! all he did was put out his hand to steady the ark so it wouldn't fall! And bang! he died! Not until a few years ago did the truth dawn on me why God did it.

The ark was a symbol of God's commandments, symbol of salvation to come, etc. What made the touching of it so destructive is because God is very capable of taking care of himself, his word, and the entire plan of salvation. He does NOT need the help of any one who thinks otherwise, that it should be modified. So in killing Uzzah he was telling the world then and now DO NOT touch it, leave it like I said.

Thanks for the post...very edifying...

ginnyrose

2006/12/27 11:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy