SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "What happened to Christianity?" -CNN

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Richieee....come on.

Quote:

bartle wrote:
how many are there? there's more than one Jesus?
God forbid.

So Neil are you implying that everybody preaches the same Jesus?....that everybody preaches the same Gospel? Are you serious?
I see many interpretations of Jesus being preached....the Bible doesn't speak about there being many false Christs?
Also, whether or not Jim repented and hasn't backslidden again, he still influences some people to some degree. I still believe that Jim influenced his son to some extent.

richie

2006/12/25 6:59Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Quote:

Chariot wrote:
Maybe i'm just getting old, but i find myself unable to keep up with all the new trends popping up in "Christianity."
Oh well, i guess i need to do my own homework and find out what 'new thing' God is doing.

Dear sister,
Beware sister.....beware. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. These new trends are man's doing, not God's.
"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce; if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have fortold you all things." - Mark 13:23 (kjv) and in Mt 24:24
Many men preach their own gospel to glorify themselves, not God, or both themselves and God. Take heed sister... test all things, examine fruit, read the Word daily many times as the Spirit leads, pray, pray, pray...
Don't even trust me sister...trust God who alone is worthy of your praises. Test everything by the Spirit and the Word.
richie

2006/12/25 7:31Profile
Chariot

Re:

Quote:
Beware sister.....beware

ahemm...your sister happens to be your brother ;-)

thanks for your admonition. I used to be caught up in the whole third wave, but God had mercy and guided me safely out.

Paul himself warned unrelentingly that wolves would arise from within the flock.

God Bless
Rob

2006/12/25 11:44Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Rob

Quote:
ahemm...your sister happens to be your brother

maybe he thought Rob was short for Roberta :-P but really though when i saw your handle for some reason i thought you were a sister in Christ but wasn't sure so i addressed you with your handle till i found out... ;-)

God bless you all and merry Christmas

2006/12/25 13:22Profile
Chariot

Re:

Quote:
maybe he thought Rob was short for Roberta

Thanx IRONMAN, i needed that :-x

Quote:
but really though when i saw your handle for some reason i thought you were a sister in Christ but wasn't sure so i addressed you with your handle till i found out

Oxford American Dictionary: [u][b]chariot[/b][/u] [b](n)[/b] - [b]poetic/literary[/b] [i][b]a stately or triumphal carriage[/b][/i]

I was shooting for the idea of being more than conquerors through our Lord Jesus, being vessels whom our Lord indwells, something like that.

Maybe i need an avatar with a more masculine appeal, such as yours with flames. 8-)

God Bless
Rob

2006/12/25 14:12Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Quote:

Chariot wrote:
Quote:
Beware sister.....beware

ahemm...your sister happens to be your brother ;-)

Please forgive me brother.....I can't stop laughing at my.... :-P
God bless. On this site, there is a reading of a work by AW Tozer concerning the new things some like to promote within the church, etc. Tozer speaks about other things and not just religious movies. I'm quite sure it will bless you if you have a few minutes to listen: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13545]The Menace Of The Religious Movie (reading)[/url] The Lord Bless you brother,
richie

2006/12/25 22:04Profile
Chariot

Re:

Quote:
Please forgive me brother...

No harm done brother,
i got a good kick out of your post as well :-D
though i did have a momentary flush of embarrassment

I will definitely check out that piece by Tozer.

God Bless,
Rob

2006/12/25 22:31Profile

Richie

you asked:

Quote:
So Neil are you implying that everybody preaches the same Jesus?....that everybody preaches the same Gospel? Are you serious?

I'll answer your question with a question:

and the question starts with this verse of Scripture:

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You
hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit". John 3:8

Richie, where is the Wind of the Spirit going to blow next? in which direction?

I don't know.

you know Richie, it's quite liberating to be able to say, "I don't know".....how can I know the pathways of a man's heart? How I can I know which direction the Wind of the Spirit blows thru a soul?

coz I don't know.

much love, neil

2006/12/26 1:48

"Sister" Rob

(teasing)

whats the "third wave"?

I'm smiling when I ask that, coz it just befuddles me on how many different ways humankind can complicate the direct simplicity of the Gospel.

neil

2006/12/26 1:52
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re: Chariot

it's intresting to me that people (usually the media) make statements like, "everyone thinks or the majority believes...etc...etc.."
they usually pile up a few facts to support a pre-concieved idea that they are trying to prove!
it's like when i hear polls about what americans across the country feel about a given
position....the first thing i think is, "Nobody asked me...in fact i don't know anyone they did ask!"

i wonder if you took a poll about how many people were actually polled; what would that look like!

Just because the media has the loudest voice does not make them the Majority!

2006/12/26 8:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy