SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "What happened to Christianity?" -CNN

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

"What happened to Christianity?" -CNN

Very intresting article about what the world thinks is happening to us.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/13/bakker.brown.commentary/index.html

2006/12/14 18:59Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: "What happened to Christianity?" -CNN

Now wasn't that just warm and fuzzy?

2006/12/14 19:29Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This man would not know Christianity if it fell on him! How he can preach and underline the bible and think he is in the spirit of the apostles with this type of message is ridicilous. We need to be bold those who beleive the truth and not waver. These are the last days. God's judgments are coming.

2006/12/14 19:56Profile
BereanMinded

Its good to see

Its good to see people steping up to fight for the truth, I loved some of the responces below too.

2006/12/24 1:19Profile

Hey Greg

when you wrote this:

Quote:
This man would not know Christianity if it fell on him!

it kinda reminded me of this:

"Nazareth?...can anything good come out of Nazareth?

last days? its been the last days for over 1900 years.....this thing could sputter forward for a couple hundred more years, or days, who knows.

God knows, not us...

and also, you both share some things in common, both the same age group, and you both are not in it for the money AND you both believe that Jesus is Lord. You can't tell me that Jay Bakker doesn't believe Jesus is Lord...cmon now Greg.

(Marc Brown quaffing a beer while preaching , yeh, I agree, thats no good....but God will deal with him)

neil

2006/12/24 2:08
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Hey Greg

Quote:

bartle wrote:
You can't tell me that Jay Bakker doesn't believe Jesus is Lord...cmon now Greg.
neil

What matters is what "Jesus" you believe in.
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. And we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." - Gal 1:8-9 (kjv)
What good does just believing in Jesus do?
"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." - James 2:19 (kjv)

I want to make clear that I am not quoting this Scripture to take personal shots at you Neil. I quote them because many say "Jesus is Lord", but that doesn't mean they can be trusted as brothers like James says of the devils...they're still devils. One can believe in vain.
Personally, I donot know this Bakker fella...However, his "Pops" Jim must've influenced his life and religion to some extent when he was growing up no? We are commanded to be led by the Spirit, not the traditions of men.
May God bless us all with revelation of Himself as we seek Him,
richie

2006/12/24 5:05Profile
Chariot

Re:

Maybe i'm just getting old, but i find myself unable to keep up with all the new trends popping up in "Christianity."

So what exactly is a 'punk' preacher? What distinguishes a punk preacher from just a preacher?

Oh well, i guess i need to do my own homework and find out what 'new thing' God is doing.

2006/12/24 11:42Profile

Richieee....come on.

Brother,
please. fight the urge.

on hand you say:

Quote:
What matters is what "Jesus" you believe in.

how many are there? there's more than one Jesus?

God forbid.

then you say:

Quote:
I quote them because many say "Jesus is Lord", but that doesn't mean they can be trusted as brothers like James says of the devils...they're still devils.

then you go on to say:

Quote:
Personally, I donot know this Bakker fella...

then why write the post?

Its like when the disciples got irate when others were driving out demons in the Name of Jesus, and they said, "Lord make them stop, they're not one of us".

fill in the blanks, what did Jesus tell them?

furthermore, Jim Bakker went thru the program at Teen Challenge, repented, asked forgiveness, learned submission, scrubing out toilets at Teen Challlenge.....in my opinion, post scandal, Jim Bakker has been a trophy of Grace. His wife Tammy(or ex-wife, I think) has not, and now she lays dying and I believe her son is at her bedside, which is where any son should be, for a mother staring eternity in the face.

That said, would I personally be up for going to Jay Bakker's and Marc Brown's church in a bar?

no, but there are some people who will, and may God breathe the Gospel into hurting hearts.

pot shots, we all take 'em, got the fight the tendency, we all do. Thats why its called Grace and Mercy.

May the Lord bless you, neil

oh ps...what matters is, do you believe God?...not what Jesus you in...coz is Jesus is Jesus, Lord, Son of God, resurrected from the dead and you will be saved. These are not Things you do not know.

2006/12/24 12:56

Chariot

I dont know whether Jay Bakker or the secular media coined this moniker, "punk preacher", nor do I wish to serve as an apologist for the ministry of Messrs Bakker, but remember this, there was a time when Whitefield was looked down upon because he would get in an open field and preach the Gospel to the dregs of frontier society.

there are kids out there today, that see a pastor dressed in a fine suit, on a podium, in front of a lectern, and won't go anywhere near that....so what do you do?

What did Jesus do?

He went to them.

and after he sent John the Baptist's followers back to the man imprisoned, he asked the crowd,
"What did you expect to see?"

Also, with some of the new stuff, "trends" you call it, I'm reminded of what Gamiliel said about the followers of the Way, he said, (and I paraphrase, "leave them alone, if its not of God, they will fail, if it is of God, we can't fight it".

and you know the rest of the story.

neil

2006/12/24 13:06
Chariot

Re: Chariot

a fair response Bartle,

in the article it says "self proclaimed punk preacher" so i'm assuming Jay Bakker calls himself that for whatever reason he seems fit. I just thought there might be more to it.

bless you bro,
Rob

2006/12/24 15:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy