SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What Every American (saint) Should Know About America! ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

What Every American (saint) Should Know About America! ...

American Saints ...

i believe our Lord has given me a real burden to understand and make plain to ALL who will hear, what is happening to America and how we got here ... i also sense in my spirit that this is the last thread i'll post on this subject, so i pray as many as it's for will recieve it ...

My burden seems needed in light of so many people i talk to daily who don't seem to have the slightest clue, or are always projecting the blame out to a unidentifiable "they" (as in, "look what they have gotten us in to" ...There once was a comics character in the newspaper called POGO who said, "I have seen the enemy, and it is US" ... Saints as part of the society that makes up America we are a part of that US, 56%+ according to polls (more in times past) ... Tho as Christians in America we are amazingly blind to the huge part we've played, and still play, in America's continuing demise ... In so many ways we have gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness ...

"Be ye not conformed to the world" is what we're warned against ... Are we conformed? ... If we answer honestly the majority of us would have to say yes? ... How did we get this way? ... Why do so many of us experience being a Christian as "hard"? ... Could it be as simple as trying to appease "Christ" and our "self" too? ... i don't know about you, but whenever i'm having a Christian crisis i can always trace it back to this very juggling ...

Out of all the info i've assimilated in the past 20 years the following three are the easiest to understand and most informative historically ...

[u][b]1 - THE CENTURY OF SELF 1 - 4 [/b][/u]
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=THE+CENTURY+OF+SELF+4+OF+4
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12698.htm
[color=FF0000](This BBC documentary gives a pretty good history of how satan has manuevered Americans to place the dual idols of "self" and "materialism" even further over "God" in just the last 100 years ... If you feel led to listen ask Holy Spirit to show you how you, those around you, and this nation has been spiritually devestated by the demonic "sciences" spoken of in this piece ... 1Tim.6:20 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called

Can a person, government, nation or Church claiming Christ juggle dual agendas and not become
seriously ill with spiritual schizophrenia?)[/color]

[u][b]2 - THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES 1 - 3[/b][/u]
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1037.htm
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the+power+of+nightmares
[color=FF0000](This also is a BBC History Documentary of what historically has led up to this current clash between Islam and the so called Christian U.S. ... Note in Part 1 what appalled Muslims about America in the early 1950's, leading up to our being designated "the great satan" ... Also note the evangelical terminology such as "doctrine" and "good and evil" applied to both "conservative" and "neo-conservative" agendas intimating a holy purpose and association with God Himself, while at the same time slipping ever away from His mandates ... This also really brought home how satan motivates men thru fear, and how much damage he can cause when he clashes sets of fears - He weakens nations - Isaiah 14:12 ...

Can a person, government, nation or Church claiming Christ who have degenerated into paying Him lip service in but a form of Godly devotion, continue to expect victories in conflicts while denying His power as evidenced by hearts being far removed from Him? - Matt.15: 8-10, 2Tim.3:1-5)[/color]

[u][b]3 - BIGGER THAN ENRON - How Corporate Greed took Over Sound Fiscal Policy[/b][/u]
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/regulation/view/
[color=FF0000](Shall I count them pure with the wicked balances, and with the bag of deceitful weights? For the rich men thereof are full of violence, and the inhabitants thereof have spoken lies, and their tongue is deceitful in their mouth - Mic.6:11;12

Can a person, government, nation or Church claiming Christ serve Him and mammon and not destine itself to a time of correction?)[/color]

[color=FF0000]FOR THE RECORD ...

This thread is posted as a synopsis of history of how America has come to be where we are today ... i'm not particularly interested in any type of political slants, or the provings or dis-provings of what political party may have conspired to do whatever ... We all know who the ultimate evil conspirator is, and he'd like nothing better than to have us fixated on who in the natural conspired to do what, instead of fixating on and pointing the ultimate finger at him for all this evil, and ourselves for allowing his place in us, hopefully leading us to sorrowful repentance before Christ, and prayerful seeking that He have mercy on us and bring us back to where He would have us ...

So the only slant i'm interested in is God's and how such dire current events, whom i believe satan is ultimately responsible for (Isa. 14:12, Rev. 12:9) but is allowed by God - or perhaps even orchestrated by God (2 Chron. 20:6, Jer. 27:5&6, Job 12:16, Dan. 4:17), fit into God's supernatural plan and purpose for we His people, in this day and time, toward our ultimate good hopefully bringing us to major REPENTANCE, REVIVAL, SOUL REAPING, and His ultimate glory ... The ultimate consolation of a Christian is Rom. 8:28!

Anyone wanting to argue will have to do it without me as i've been back and forth on all the other threads leading up to this one ... Concider this a Public Service Announcment, and do with the info as you will ... As for myself i'm finding this info a great enhancement in my witness/ministry ...[/color]

Blessings in Christ Jesus ...

Bro R

2006/12/8 14:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What Every American (saint) Should Know About America! ...

Rahman,

Your post reminds me of 2Chron. 7:14: If my people, which are called, by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray,and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways;then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Quite a responcibility, is it not?

ginnyrose

2006/12/10 18:12Profile
Rahman

Re: What Every American (saint) Should Know About America! ...

Sis ginnyrose you wrote of 2Chron. 7:14;
"Quite a responsibility, is it not?"

You know at this point i don't know what to call it, but if a responsibility it's one i don't think most American saints see a "action" for YET :-o...

Christ's words at Rev. 3:17 are increasingly screaming at me regarding we American saints - "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" ...

But they're only screaming at me (i believe) because He's chosen (to His purpose) to open up my hearing in comparrison to my self first, then in comparrison to what i see of His Body here in the U.S. ... i totally believe that if it were not for this undeserved choosing i'd still be as blind as i once was (i shudder at this :-?), not seeing my stains and how much they grieve Him, and it does make me wonder why He insists on still chosing some foolish to certain enlightenments in the sending to attempt the waking up of the wise? ... Why doesn't He just wake up the wise, instead of sending out first those foolish with a call to correction message who are surely to be rejected before His correction falls? ...

All i know is i'm thoroughly convinced that if God Himself don't shake His Church to our senses it'll never happen of our own innitiative ... Do you know how many saints think we're rapture ready at present? ... As God's people of old we too don't seem to have the smarts enough to repent in the "crunch", we too seem to have to experience the "crush" before we capitulate to 2Chron. and Joel ...

But praise Him that He is the author and finisher of our faith ... That He who has began this good work in us is determined to finish it ... That before He takes us we will be a Bride without spot or wrinkle ... And that no matter how much like Laodicea we might appear to be now we will attain the good reports of Philadelphia and Smyrna because He's promised that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against us! :-D ...

You know i surely sense in my spirit this waning of attempting to warn, and feel a new thrust toward explanation and consolation after the crush ... i think God's about to make things much plainer to ALL ...The little book of James is really making a whole lot of sense to me at this time ...

Blessings in Jesus!

2006/12/11 12:34Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

after watching the first 2 series of films, i have a new appreciation for how the enemy is deceiving many with things which seem noble and benign enough. the enemy is the original evil genius and like al Pacino said when he played in the devil's advocate, the enemy's favourite sin is vanity...see the century of self and another favourite is fear...see the power of nightmares.

bless God He has given us grace enough to be humble, or that we have been humbled and that we have not been given a spirit of fear...

2007/1/2 14:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy