Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NO SHAME AT ALL by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Pilgrim1986

Fort Worth Texas

Re:

Actually I was looking for a place to post in general about the article. But Spurgeon's remarks about where is the holiness of God in the church today, caught my eye. I preached a sermon not long ago on the Good Samaritan. One of the points that I brought out was the word love and how the lawyer knew the scripture and quoted it. Saying the first commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart mind soul and strength and our neighbor as ourselves. The word love their is speaking of the love of God. The kind of love God expects from us can only come from Him. After giving the story of the good Samaritan Jesus looked at the lawyer and said go and do likewise.

The real issue in that parable if it was a parable because I believe it may have been a true story about a Samaritan who was known at that time to have helped a Jew. But the issue is if we love the Lord with all heart mind and soul it will involve our strength and our resources as it did the good Samaritan. That's where the rubber meets the road our resources strength and love for God. I believe in these last days the end time church in general is the Laodicean church in Revelation 2. We find that the church there is a lazy and proud church. But praise the Lord there is also the Philadelphia and Smyrna churches which are very good churches in these last days.

I want to comment about no shame. We all know about the recent failures and confessions of the two ministers and homosexuality. I was very happy to read about their submission, grief and repentance. But also in reading the articles there was a very good comment about how much some of the church is pointing their fingers in cold criticism. And truthfully I must agree to a point, but what about the adultery and fornication that the church glosses over and fails to recognize with In ourselves. The weeping at the porch and the tears must come first from self examination for without it we are not true.

1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

THe Lord help us for judgment begins with us.

2006/12/16 10:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Yes brother a very sobering verse. "about how much some of the church is pointing their fingers in cold criticism" amen we need action in the pews! May God start with each one of us as we begin to cry out and seek His face.

2006/12/17 3:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy