SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Advice ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Advice ?

Firstly I want to thank you all for your work. I really appreciate it. Please allow me to share my heart out.
I broke up with my girlfriend 1 year ago. I have since decided to follow the Lord. I feel I have bitterness against her. I want to forgive her and I have but the problem is I am still weak and I am not comfortable meeting or getting in touch with her because the last time I did this we ended up back together and that happened for 8 times. I still have feelings for her. But as an act of will I choose to obey the Lord. This is what I have done so far... I pray for her when ever I get bad thoughts towards her. But they keep comming what do I do ?
Joe

2006/12/1 1:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Advice ?

Quote:
I broke up with my girlfriend 1 year ago. I have since decided to follow the Lord. I feel I have bitterness against her. I want to forgive her and I have but the problem is I am still weak and I am not comfortable meeting or getting in touch with her because the last time I did this we ended up back together and that happened for 8 times. I still have feelings for her. But as an act of will I choose to obey the Lord. This is what I have done so far... I pray for her when ever I get bad thoughts towards her. But they keep comming what do I do ?

Brother,

I would highly recommend that you "soak yourself in the bible" and put your mind on God. Read Romans 8 and realize that either you are walking in the "lusts" of the flesh or you are being led by the Spirit of God.

In the light of eternity and the purposes God wants for you in your life this sitatuation should become clearer. Leave it to God and focus on Him! He will work it out.

I would recommend you listen to the entirety of this message:
The King's Highway by Keith Daniel

2006/12/1 2:14Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Advice ?

Hello Bro,

God has blessed you with knowledge of a particular weakness....your X.
Dear brother, it is indeed at times difficult to fight the spirit of unforgiveness without taking its suggestions captive to the obedience of Christ....don't give them a foothold brother. Unforgiveness crouching at your door desires to have you friend.
The Apostle Paul says, "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood..."(Eph 6:10-18) and the Lord says, "And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. [u][b]BUT[/b][/u] if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses"- Mark 11:25-26(kjv)
Yes brother, when Christ called you, He also called you to war against the powers of darkness. We must take heed and guard our hearts.
Many people do things that they have no idea why...evil things that seem to just come naturally to them. Jesus prayed, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do". Sin is blinding friend. Cast it out brother in the Name of Jesus. You are called to holiness, to Him, therefore walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
A popular 20th century parable: If you have a problem with donoughts, then don't drive past the donought store.
Myself, I've brought many problems upon myself in the past thinking I was strong enough to be around certain temptations. Well, I was wrong...In ways, I continue to pay for sins I committed along time ago friend.
Please know brother I speak in Love...Abide in Him brother, and He will abide in you.
richie

2006/12/1 10:31Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

forgive...and move on.
you can forgive a person without going back into thier circle of influence.
you are a Christian, and as such your heart belongs to God.

"Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ...and make no provision for the flesh to fulfill the lusts thereof."

Get into the Word of God and give your-self wholly to prayer....and God will make you victorious.

Be not entangled with the affairs of this life so that you will be a faithful warrior in the army of the Lord!
God Bless....

2006/12/1 15:53Profile

Re:

It's been a year. Forgive her in your heart, and move on. You're following the Lord now, and as such, you are a new creation. She knows the "old man" that you were... not the new creature. You're old man is dead now. Leave him in the grave.

Krispy

2006/12/1 16:18
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

Hi Thanks...
I have decided not to make contact with her. I will pray for her. I am getting into the word and Praying. Thanks for your advice. You guys are awesome !!!
Joe

2006/12/2 4:31Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

If I can just add...
I forgive her. And may none of the things she did to me be held against her on Judgement day. Forgiven and forgetting !
Joe

2006/12/2 4:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy