Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Pray for Paul Washer

I read this from someone who is close to Paul Washer on GNN;

I have friends who are close to Paul and his family. I received this e-mail today and I knew everyone here would be in prayer for Paul and Charo. Thanks saints!

Quote:
Anyway he was supposed to go preach not far from Becka and Erin this week but had to cancel cause of chest pains. He was in the hosp. today but they said he just had high cholesterol and too much stress. His wife is pregnant again. She is the one who they told could have no children!! They have two boys right now. Anyway his dad died at 42 of a heart attack and Paul is 40 so no doubt he had a bit of a scare.

2006/11/29 4:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Pray for Paul Washer

May God's blessing and peace rest on Him. After reading accounts of men like M'Chyene I wonder that many of God's soldiers do not burn out before 40. I just added this to my signature it is very fitting:

[i]“I grieve that my love is no stronger, and that I am no more like Him. I wonder at His glory, and sink before Him with shame. How is it that the soul being of such value, and God so great, eternity so near and yet we are so little moved?”
- William Bramwell[/i]

2006/11/29 4:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Pray for Paul Washer

No doubt there are many on this forum who value the minstry of Paul Washer and will definately be in prayer to God for him.

Thank you for letting us know.

God bless.

2006/11/29 5:23Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
today but they said he just had high cholesterol and too much stress.

There are a lot of stresses in ministry that some folk never see. This is especially true of pastors. They get a lot of criticism, but walking a mile in their shoes would be a great revelation. Reminds me of that passage... [i]speaking evil of things that they understand not...[/i] Armchair quarterbacking is a lot different than being on the field in the heat of the moment.

One of the great stresses is the constant care of the churches. Paul no doubt, as do others, feels the [i]weight[/i] of the care of the people of God. Some are lame but not yet out of the way and getting them back on track for God without them backsliding is [u]stressful[/u]. Paul the apostle writing to Philippi was concerned for the peoples 'state' (Philip. 2) and wanted to send Timothy who also was concerned for their 'state'. This concern, on top of all the other stresses of life takes a HUGE toll on a person. Wondering, "Is my labor going to be in vain?" Will they still be serving God when I hear from them again?

Some people are so spiritually weak that they seem to make it almost day to day. Grievous wolves are always looking to destroy the flock and many times these things are beyond our control. I met a man a few months ago who told me he goes around from church to church 'straitening them out' and 'straitening the pastor out.' Some people wist not their own foolery (folly). Never having lifted a finger in their life to shepherd a flock in any real sense they somehow have the answer. Mind boggling it is. Really its just evidence of a greater epidemic of being juvinal.

I can testify personally to the stresses of ministry. People being unpredictable and 'in' one minute and 'out' the next. Not knowing who will be backslid tomorrow or moving to another field to work. Elijah suffered from this stress when he declared himself to be the only person still serving God. But God has many who had no bowed the knee to the image of Baal. One minute ready to charge hells gates with a water pistol and the next minute running from Jezebel. Been there and done that.

On top of this I think of the passage in Daniel 7:25a:

And he (antichrist) shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High...

The spirit of antichrist has long been in the land and he is seeking to 'wear out' the saints. So FEW doing so MUCH. Many talking but few in the fields working. Many critical and complaining... but few with a tool in hand. It simply wears out those who are going about the work.

2006/11/29 7:43Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks guys for bringing this up,

Have been richly fed by the mp3's from the recent Heartcry conference...praying for Paul and his family is time very well spent indeed.

Robert your kind course correction and seasoned perspective is much appreciated.

Blessings,

MC

2006/11/29 9:55Profile
Nellie

Re:

Father,
Please touch Paul in Jesus Name.

2006/12/14 21:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy