Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Simon Zhao

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Simon Zhao

Greetings everyone,

I have been much encouraged today in reading some accounts of the life and sacrifice of one Simon Zhao in service to our Lord. Part of his story is told in the book [i] Back to Jerusalem[/i], which I'm reading now. In it, the author[s] relate how Simon Zhao was part of an early group of believers in the first half of the last century to feel called of God to take the Gospel west and ultimately back to Jerusalem. Along the way they were put in prison and Simon was the only one to live out his prison sentence, a period lasting [b]31 years[/b] which included hard labor and torture.

The book says that after his release some local Christians learned about him and his testimony and that "soon the news was carried back to other parts of China that a miracle man had been sustained by the power of God during thrityone years in prison for the sake of the gospel."

The book is [i]Back To Jerusalem: Three Chinese House Church Leaders Share Their Vision To Complete The Great Commission[/i] with Paul Hattaway and is published by Gabriel Publishing.

2006/11/28 18:15Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Simon Zhao

Psa 125:1 [b]They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. [/b]
Psa 125:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
Psa 125:3 For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.

2006/11/28 18:29Profile
lovegrace

Re: Simon Zhao

Thanks for letting us know about such a great brother.

I hope to read something of him soon now because of you.

2006/11/28 19:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy