Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shocking Video

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Shocking Video

I think this video will be pretty shocking to most who watch it. This is a video of some of the areas where we minister in Detroit. This is not one section of the city but is fairly representative of the majority of the city which is 143 square mile (370 square km) with just under 1 million residents. There are some areas that are better then others but this is a fair representation of the MAJORITY of the city. The music is local artists.

[b]The Hood[/b]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2390955477982759292&hl=en

2006/11/20 23:50Profile
madmatg

asia

Re: Shocking Video

thank you for this video brother, i have been seeking God for where my ministry maybe and this has touched me differently than all the int'l missions videos ihave seen perhaps the inner-city is where God would have me

2006/11/21 2:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

It is hard to imagine that an inner city area could be so desolate.

Everywhere seems broken down and forlorn.

Hardly saw annyone walking on the streets.

Not surprised.

Thanks for sharing this.

God bless.

2006/11/21 6:36Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi Patrick,

Looks like things are bad. It always is darkest just before the dawn. Keep up the work. Those who go forth weeping and bearing precious seed will then come rejoicing bringing in the sheaths.

God Bless,

-Robert

2006/11/21 11:35Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Brother Patrick!

Thanks for sharing those images and compilation. It reminds me of what we saw their in Philadelphia while we were ministering there.

2006/11/21 15:19Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

{quote}
It reminds me of what we saw their in Philadelphia while we were ministering there.

This reminded me of Philly too. In 1979, while walking from the Upper Darby bridge towards central Philadelphia, there were about 30 blocks of burned out buildings. In the middle of all this mess was one small house that was well kept up and stood out because it was. I figure it was people who were walking with the Lord who lived in that house.

Detroit has had a reputation of being a bad town for a least 25 years and it probably goes a lot farther back than that. I heard that Detroit really got nasty when the union jobs were lost and people that made good money were out of work. All large cities have there areas that are bad, but none of these cities seem to have anything over Detroit this way. The really neat thing that I've seen from driving truck is that in these bad areas there are Christian people who are walking a mature Christian walk. I've met a few in Detroit.

2006/11/21 16:05Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Brother GaryE,

Quote:
In 1979, while walking from the Upper Darby bridge towards central Philadelphia, there were about 30 blocks of burned out buildings.

One of the things that struck me the first time I rode the train through North Phildelphia is how much of a war zone I thought it looked like.

Before we moved here we lived in Baltimore. Moving to Baltimore was a real learning experience for me. I had been a Christian for perhaps 2 years and not long after moving there I was awakened in the early morning by a woman making these foul noises and saying some things I couldn't understand. It was enough to wake me up that's for sure. When I looked out into the street I thought [i]is she possesed..she has to be possesed[/i]? This poor woman was violently flinging her arms back and forth and lurching, I guess you could call it, down the street.

I coulnd't decide what to do or if she was posessed. I knew this was a drug area and I wasn't sure and really couldn't decide what to do. After living there for a while I saw things which made me think she probably wasn't, or that if she was then so were alot of other people there too, which was possible. It was not too uncommon to see people flailing about like that in differnt ways, slamming their bodies against things or just on the ground making wild movements, and I learned this was because they were [i]sick[/i] as they called it, or suffering from withdrawls from heroin. Living there was a real learing experience, that's for sure.

I don't think it is a stretch to say that the cities of America are under siege. We are definitely in a war. We need power. These things are no joke.

2006/11/21 18:45Profile
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

Re:

Quote:
I don't think it is a stretch to say that the cities of America are under siege. We are definitely in a war. We need power. These things are no joke.

Will the Church rise up and fight? Where are the true soldiers of the cross? No doubt, this is war! Who's willing to lay hold on the horns of the altar and say "God! I'm not letting go until you endue me with power from on high to reach this lost world for your glory!" Definately no joke, this is all-out battle. Let's not coward out and back down from the fight - let's march into these ghettos in the power of the Gospel and take them back for our Lord!

2006/11/21 22:18Profile
EvanSchaible

"No Certain dwellingplace"

Praise God for your faithfulness. Brother Patrick I have had a burden for Detroit since I was saved. I am from Midland MI, and have seen as well the horrors of inner detroit. Keep plowing brother and I pray God does mighty things through you and brother Josef.

Oh yeah - Great video and it does indeed burden for a greater and deeper prayer life and a greater laboring in the harvest.

-Evan

2006/11/22 1:46Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

i am from a town nothing like this, but i want to say that i noticed many of the houses were large houses. truly this is the affects of "not building upon the rock." "if the lord doth not establish a house, it abideth in vain." sin won over this area.

I am also reminded of hurrican katrina. These images are much like the destruction and utter waste that i saw in many coastal towns there. Truly the consequences of sin have swept through that area like the rising waters of a hurricane.

very sobering and heartbreaking. Thank you.

2006/11/22 4:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy