SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Iron Sharpeneth Iron

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Iron Sharpeneth Iron

to those of you who are veterans of this site mostly is speak this, but to all in general...

"as iron sharpeneth iron so a man the countenance of his friend."

I just read a post about being "user friendly" on S.I. Obviously i agree with this in the sense of not hurting or being hurt. Offence truly is a wedge that starts small but as undealt with it drives you further and further apart. I don't want to be driven apart from the power of unity, the ministry, or the growth this site offers.

However, i want to say that its obvious i am not a shy poster and i like to share my thoughts and ideas. i don't want to offend the weak in faith and so i will be careful and the advice of carefully proofreading my stuff before i post is invaluable. But one of the greatest things i receive from this site is the criticism i receive for my beliefs. Criticism strengths what needs to stay and loosens what needs to go. If i never post anything i'm not absolutely positive about, how would i grow?

Your criticism, if right, will correct me and ,if wrong will, add confidence to my belief. haha.. im so strongly opinionated now, i hate to see what will happen to me after a little while around here. I do however also believe i will be softened to the others views whether i understand or not. I am going into ministry as many others around here are. I don't think you can be too rounded, too confident, or too sensitive to others in ministry.

I really appreciate the opportunity to grown and be challenged here.

2006/11/20 20:33Profile
HeartSong

Re: Iron Sharpeneth Iron

Hi Matt,

Do you think that posting can also fill the gap between intention and reception? Finding words to express . . .

and therein lies the gap.

2006/11/20 20:45Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

thats very true heartsong thank you

2006/11/20 20:49Profile
Jaime

Lodi,Ohio

Re:

Destructive criticism is one of the agonies of carrying our cross,the Corinthians tried it with Paul.God help us to be enduring servants.Is.53
May the glory of the Lord increase in us as we ourselves die to our egos.It is tough to be in ministry,especially when our fallen nature follows us all the way to our graves.Help us Jesus.
God bless you.
Jaime

2006/11/20 22:05Profile
HeartSong

Re:

But if you see and think in "pictures" how do you translate into words? How can one possibly communicate effectively? The Word of God is seen . . . it is not dimensional. Can someone help me on this?

2006/11/20 23:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Iron Sharpeneth Iron

Quote:
I just read a post about being "user friendly" on S.I. Obviously i agree with this in the sense of not hurting or being hurt. Offence truly is a wedge that starts small but as undealt with it drives you further and further apart. I don't want to be driven apart from the power of unity, the ministry, or the growth this site offers.

However, i want to say that its obvious i am not a shy poster and i like to share my thoughts and ideas. i don't want to offend the weak in faith and so i will be careful and the advice of carefully proofreading my stuff before i post is invaluable. But one of the greatest things i receive from this site is the criticism i receive for my beliefs. Criticism strengths what needs to stay and loosens what needs to go. If i never post anything i'm not absolutely positive about, how would i grow?

Hi Matt,

Interesting choice of words there, wondering which post you are referring to. Generally speaking, the admonitions are towards being unruly, crass, vulgar ... divisive.

"User friendly"? ... Depends on the "user"
;-)

2006/11/20 23:58Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

i am not against the post i had read. i just wanted to express my view about this site and its usefulness to my life.

2006/11/21 2:04Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Heartsong wrote:

Quote:
But if you see and think in "pictures" how do you translate into words? How can one possibly communicate effectively? The Word of God is seen . . . it is not dimensional. Can someone help me on this?

Paul could not express in words many things that are found in Scripture.

Paul prayed for all believers...

Eph. 3:14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

His experiences with God cannot be communicated to another. That is why Paul prays that others might experience what he himself now knows. One man sows another waters, but it is God who gives the increase.

Secondly, we find many pictures in Scriptures. The OT saints are given to us as examples. The narrative of the lives of these saints paint a picture of how God saves those who live by faith.

Thirdly, as we grow in understanding and knowledge and wisdom, our own testimonies of what God is doing with us and around us again paints a picture that can be found in Scripture. Many of the Parables are pictures of what a believer will experience at some time or another in their own life.

Faith is the key...a life lived out day by day walking with the Lord, is the means by which our lives become a picture of how God transforms us into the image of His son.

God Bless

In Christ
Jeff

2006/11/21 4:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy