SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A friend whose husband is dying with ALS.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SherylAnne

Louisiana

A friend whose husband is dying with ALS.

Please pray for my friend and her family. She was just told that her husband is in the "last stages" of ALS. We have watched them bravely facing this awful disease for over 2 years, now, armed with their humble faith. She is saddened that her two young children may be spending their last Thanksgiving and Christmas with their father and her husband is despondent. Tonight she told me she no longer knows what to pray. I shared with her that I did not understand why God has not chosen to heal Kevin, but that I was coming to understand the difference in having God as a means or an end. And in the end, its not about us, its all about HIM. She agreed, and she hopes that in all of this suffering, they are able to glorify our Father. Please lift this family up for strength, comfort, and His peace that goes beyond all understanding.

2006/11/18 1:52Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: A friend whose husband is dying with ALS.

Two years ago, I had a friend who died of ALS. Everything you wrote is in the same sequence of events that my friend and his family experienced.

Two years after, the eldest son has gone into ministry training and has a heart soft and humble. Sometimes we can only, through patience and longsuffering, see how God loves. The hearts of my friends family are very loving and very warm. Through it all, they looked to God for their source of comfort. And He is the source of living water that never fails...

God Bless you and the family
In Christ
Jeff

2006/11/18 10:15Profile
SherylAnne

Louisiana

Re:

Two years after, the eldest son has gone into ministry training and has a heart soft and humble. Sometimes we can only, through patience and longsuffering, see how God loves. The hearts of my friends family are very loving and very warm. Through it all, they looked to God for their source of comfort. And He is the source of living water that never fails...

Thank you, Jeff. I will pass this on to my friend. Her 10 yr old son who is soft and humble is very hurt and confused at this time and he has been weighing heavily on my heart. I have been praying that through it all, his heart will remain in God's hands, being molded for His purpose.

2006/11/18 11:39Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

May the God of all comfort be unto his name. Keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. When flesh fails, God is our strength and portion forever. Lord God of heaven, comfort this dear family in their crisis hour, give them the peace that passeth all understanding, and keep their hearts and minds anchored securely in the Rock of Ages, the Great Strongtower, the eternal I AM that is able to provide all things unto them through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2006/11/18 11:47Profile
Nellie

Oh God, please have mercy on this Family.
I feel like when you take Christians home to be with You, that You just love them so much, You have to have them with You.
I feel like You wanted my Brother John who just passed away to be in Your Arms.
It is hard to understand, but one day we will be able to talk it all over with You, knowing, even though we don't understand, You never make a mistake.
Father, Comfort this Family as only You can do.
Give them Your Peace, in Jesus Name.
Weeping may endure for the night, but Joy comes in the Morning, and we do believe Father, that even now, You are able to heal our Brother.
Your will be done, on Earth, as it is, in Heaven.

2006/11/18 13:28Profile
SherylAnne

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you for your prayers. One need has been met: a precious Christian woman has come forward and asked to be their sitter/aide and she is working out beautifully. This has been a critical since my friend hasn't been able to depend on regular help with her husband's needs. Sitters are hard to find; dependable and compassionate ones even harder. He refuses the help of the women in church and our husbands can only help out sporatically because of their jobs. This has relieved them of the mental anguish of not knowing if his needs were being met in their absence and much of the physical stress.

Thank You, Father, for Your mercies.

Nellie, a special thank you for lifting them up in your prayers. I know this hits close to home and you probably know more of what to pray for than many of us. Peace and God's love to you and your family.

2006/11/20 15:08Profile
TheBlood_1

May the God of all comfort be unto his name. Keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…May God’s will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…May he grant you your hearts desire, as you delight yourself in Him. May your prayers SherlyAnne, Nellie, Rookie, Paulwest be granted.

2006/11/20 15:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy