SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Glories of Mary, Mother of God -plumer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Glories of Mary, Mother of God -plumer

[b]The Glories of Mary, Mother of God[/b]

(William S. Plumer, "The Ten Commandments" 1864)
"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:2-3

A very favorite book among Catholics is entitled, "The Glories of Mary, Mother of God." It's author is St. Alphonsus Liguori. The translator dedicates the work to Mary, "the Queen of Angels and of Men," with "all veneration and respect," and says it is "designed to increase the number and fervor of her worshipers." Here is the table of contents:

How great should be our confidence in Mary, Queen of Mercy.

How great our confidence should be in Mary as our mother.

The great love borne us by Mary our mother.

Mary is the refuge of repentant sinners.

Mary is our life, since she obtains us the pardon of our sins.

Mary is our life, because she obtains our perseverance.

Mary renders death sweet to her servants.

Mary is the hope of all the children of Adam.

Mary is the hope of the sinner.

Mary's readiness to assist those who invoke her.

The power of Mary to defend those who invoke her in temptations.

Necessity of Mary's intercession in order to obtain salvation.

Mary is a powerful Advocate.

Mary is a compassionate Advocate.

Mary is mediatrix of peace between God and sinners.

Mary is ever watchful to support our miseries.

Mary preserves her servants from hell.

Mary succours her servants in purgatory.

Mary conducts her servants to heaven.

The greatness of Mary's mercifulness and goodness.

The sweetness of the holy name of Mary in life and in death.

In "The Psalter of the Virgin" we find the last two Psalms of David thus thrown into parody, and applied to Mary instead of Jehovah: "Sing unto our Lady a new song: let her praise be in the congregation of the just. Praise our Lady in her holiness; praise her in her virtues and miracles; praise her, you choirs of patriarchs and prophets; praise her, you army of martyrs; let everything that has breath praise our lady!"

Roman Catholicism is a gigantic system of . . .
Mary-worship,
saint-worship,
image-worship, and
relic-worship.
In one word, it is a huge organized idolatry.
(J. C. Ryle "Idolatry to be Destroyed")

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:2-3

2006/11/13 23:55Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The Glories of Mary, Mother of God -plumer

This title is so misleading! It scared me!
I thought you had lost the plot for a moment.

Still, sadly, there are Christians out there who suppose that Roman Catholics are saved, on their way to heaven that is.

Not a chance. Not if they worship Mary and ignore what the word of God has said.

I don't doubt Mary died and went to heaven.

Acts 1 tells us she was in the upper room, so we can assume she went to heaven.

But she is no intersessor or anything else. Just flesh and bone like we are, with no extras.

Glory and honour alone belong to the one true living God, Jesus Christ.

God bless.

2006/11/16 9:55Profile
MaryJane

Re: The Glories of Mary, Mother of God -plumer

Greetings Greg:

I also thought you had lost sight for a moment glad I read the post through to the end:-)
Sadly my mother is a devoted Catholic that I have tried without success to share the truth with on a number of occasions. I keep praying though that one day her eyes will be opened to Biblical truth and she will see the lies and worldly traditions that the Catholic church teaches.

JESUS alone can save us not mary or any other.

God Bless
MJ

2006/11/16 13:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Greg,

I had to take some cremated remains to a memorial service being held a Catholic church yesterday. Usually, I don't sit through the mass, but the day was incredibly windy and chilly outside so I dsecided to sit in the back of the church and watch the service.

Oh man. The doctrines of the RCC are so wicked, so deceptive. Ravenhill was right when he said the RCC was one of Satan's all-time greatest masterpieces. It is an evil web of deception. I saw all the people sitting there, being fed lies by an unregenerate, dead priest in a white cassock.

He encouraged the grieving family to pray to their dead father in purgatory. He encouraged them to pray to St. Theresa. He boasted that the Catholic church has a saint to pray to for each and every situation. He spoke of many different mediators to the Father, yet he never spoke of Christ, the only mediator between God and man. He only spoke of dead saints. He reinforced and comforted the family with the lie that everyone baptized into the RCC becomes a blessed child of God and will share in the eternal promises of resurrection and eternal glory.

I wanted to jump up and shout, "No! He's lying! Don't listen to him!" I hate the Roman Catholic Church (I say that with a holy hatred). If you've ever been to a funeral rosary service, you know how creepy it can be. All the rosary beads, about 50 people chanting: "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among sinners -" They repeat this mantra like 30 times in unison. Then they begin extolling her queenship over all of heaven and the angels and even God himself. It is very spooky, very sinister. It is truly evil.

2006/11/16 13:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy