SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "I would ban religion completely" - Elton John

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
has developed over the last 20-30 years into an organized movement

Actually it's more like over the past 100 years. David Wilkerson in a book he published in 1967 said that there were over 1 million KNOWN homosexuals in the world at that time, that was 40 years ago. The poll that was conducted was for KNOWN homosexuals, what about those were living in the closet?? I bet there were over a million.

2006/11/19 11:58

Re:

Quote:
The more they continue to say, "Homos are victims" and "Christians are bigots" and "Homos deserve rights" and "Homos are good people" and "Homos can't help their homos," the more people believe it and culture changes. And it changes one comment at a time, one person at a time.

Lets change the wording here.

"Sinners are victims" and Christians are bigots" and "Sinners deserve rights" and Sinners are good people" and Sinners can't help thier sinning" Cultures will change, it's enevitable. The so called Christian nations must persecute the Church.

Jesus said, Mark 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with [b]persecutions[/b]; and in the world to come eternal life.

And we have lived in a time of properity for a time in North Amercia and other nations, but we will have persecutions as well. I don't want to be persecuated, but it's needful, it's for His glory, "It is our glory", that we are harressed for His name sake.

I know of persons who have gone to China to minister to those who are in the underground church. They are harressed, but they refuse to come back home. There are those who have come back home after being tormented and jailed only to go back to the very lions den they came out of saying they'd rather be in the service of the LORD than to become lazy in America. What a testimony.

We say "down with homosexuals" in our minds and forums, but we as a corperate body don't have a voice. I am not talking about the religious right which is a religious political movement. We are a divided people, God is placing ungodly people in office because they have rejected Him.(Proverbs 8:15 By me kings reign....) These things must come to pass, it can't remain the way it's going. We are a lazy bunch of Christians who think that we have the truth, and if we did have it we'd be free. God help us.

2006/11/19 12:31
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re:

Big Amen to that! The church does not have a vision for holiness. There is even division on what is sinful behavior. Ultimately, we are the problem. Jesus said "let your light so shine" and "ye are the salt of the earth." How bright and salty are we? The church is no longer looking to the Word as a standard, but to humanistic teaching and relativism. I had to correct my own mother last week on evolution with the bible. Simply amazing what people will swallow when they are not watchful. Makes me wonder, How much have I swallowed?

Well the worse this country gets, the more Christians are going to be sifted--wheat and chaff. In the end, persecution will come--one of those promises of the bible we just would rather ignore.

Amen. God help us!

2006/11/21 14:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy