SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request for park outreach

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Prayer request for park outreach

The Lord has recently put a burden on my heart for some of the youth around my neighborhood. In prayer a while back I felt a leading to do some outreach in a park near my home.

After contacting a few other Christians in my neighborhood about this I allowed some negative comments to bring doubts about my decision to pursue this outreach. But I feel a persistent need to pick this back up.

I would like to request your prayer for wisdom on how to proceed, and also that the Lord would bring others along side, both in prayer and in ministry, to join in this battle for the youth of my neighborhood,

Thank you and God bless you,

Ron

2006/11/7 9:03Profile
HeartSong

Re: Prayer request for park outreach

Ron,

I would count it an honor to come along side through prayer.

The kids look so lost these days. They are in deep pain but can't identify the source. I think that is why they "cut" themselves - needing to somehow have a tangible reason for the pain.

Oh, LORD show them your face - give them a reason to hope - wrap them in your Love - heal their pain . . .

2006/11/7 11:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I would like to thank those who prayed and ask continued prayers as I will be starting this Bible study in the park near my house tomorrow.

I received permission from the Phoenix parks dept to hold the study in the park for the months of February and March and I mailed out 355 postcards to my neighborhood inviting them to the study. Pray that folks, especially youth, would be moved to come.

I was encouraged when a postal worker who was sorting the postcards read one of them and phoned to ask if she could come to the study and said that she and several of her co-workers were praying for the study.

By the way, if anyone would like to do this themselves, I can help you with a link to a USPS site that will print the postcards and mail them for a very reasonable price. I paid a total of about $100 for the 355 double sided postcards.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/2/2 15:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy