SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A church issue--- Open Letter

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dohzman

A church issue--- Open Letter

There was an open letter that Tinluke posted that basically was full of apologies to the world for the churches sins of hypocracy. This is earthly wisdom at its best and the glorying in the flesh. The proof texts and test of my statements can be found from Gen thru Rev. But I have pulled out one example from the book of Daniel to highlite. :Dan 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
vs5-19 I won't place the rest of the verses down you all can look them up.

I do understand what the writter was trying to say and prehaps what bro.Tinluke picked up on, and while it follows a pattern of what the world does to vindicate itself, it is completely different than what we as christains do. When we sin our sins are against God alone! (psalms 51).
Our sin may effect others for which we may at times have to give restitution as evidience of our repentance before Almighty God with whom we have to do, but never-----no never, in place of genuine repentance before God, but only in response to the mercy given to us from God.
And to say that this letter was written out of godly conviction and repentance is foolishness, since the pattern of God's word has already been well established. This was a worldly attempt at self abasement but lacks the qualities of Godily Wisdom as outlined in the book of James or even the practical wisdom and its applications found in the book of proverbs.

I bring this up only to remove the confusion that such a letter may cause younger christians, who could fall into the trap of works religion and false humility. Christianity is still The Cross, Faith, Fellowship,and Following the personal leading of the Holy Spirit, daily. (this is not an exhaustive list)

Sorry I waited so long in posting this, I've been really busy. Bro. Daryl

2006/11/6 18:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy