SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 2 Tim 3:1-7 comes to mind...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

2 Tim 3:1-7 comes to mind...

[url=http://www.leaderskillsinc.com/DGToolkit.htm?gclid=CLW7soebsogCFRF9TAodnApT1Q]Where is an emoticon of a face with a blank look shaking its head, when you need one?[/url]

Is it just me, or should any pastor, who is even considering buying this, hand in his credential card, and get out of the ministry, do not pass go, immediatly? (Mind you, at $295, it would be a good investment....please someone slap me now, before the wind changes).

2006/11/6 6:14Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: 2 Tim 3:1-7 comes to mind...

You said 2 Tim 3:1-7. Did you mean 1 Tim 3v1-7?

Seems like it.

2006/11/6 6:31Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Nope I meant 2 Tim. Part vv5-7. You see it goes like this, first you doubt that God can provide (having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof), then you try to seduce poor unsuspecting church members into emptying their wallet, by coersion and manipulation (for of this sort are which..lead away silly women laden with sins), from there comes the spiral of fad hopping because you still can't manipulate the budget into growing (Ever learning..). The tragedy is, until they give up this course, and go back to trusting God to provide for the furtherance of [b]His[/b] vision, as opposed to theirs, they will be "never asle to come to the knowledge of the truth".

It's not a matter of money being evil, and let's ban the offering, but when "lover's of their own selves" begin to seduce people into obligatory offerings, due to their lack of "natural affection" and love of pleasure more than God, you've got to admit that there is a problem.

Mind you, the guy is offering a no questions asked, money back guarantee...What's next, a free set of steak knives?

2006/11/6 7:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Sorry. Didn't notice the link for some reason. Need glasses.

People are generally so greedy, they'll buy anything, literally!

This kind of peddling in the church is so ugly, but acceptable. If it wasn't acceptable, could he pull a stunt like this and get away with it?

By the way, you don't need to be slapped about the face, but I know who does!

Still, I'll leave him in God's hands, and the rest of greedy pastors who are implementing this programme into their 'ministry'.

Whatever happened to Acts 4 where people sold goods to give to the church to give to the poor?

God will send judgment on those who take His name in vain.

As I see it, that is exactly what they are doing.

God bless.

2006/11/6 9:46Profile

Re:

When my wife first got saved (I was overseas in the Marines), her church was doing a thing on stewardship... basically cuz they wanted to build a new fellowship hall. I came home right in the middle of the whole thing. She asked me to attend some of the "seminars", and relunctantly I went... (sometimes under the influence of Jack Daniels)...

The church had hired this slick "salesman" type guy who gave these seminars as a living... oops, I mean ministry. It so turned me off that I rejected the gospel probably longer than I would have.

It was nothing more than a ploy to get people to tithe and give even more... sowing seeds... give to get... slick marketing... etc. God only knows how much this church paid this slickster to give these seminars.

Well... now that I am in church leadership myself, this issue of stewardship has come up a number of times. Here is how we handle it in our house churches:

a) We encourage people to actually study the Bible for themselves concerning this issue (and all other issues) and let the Holy Spirit lead them to the truth, rather than use a slick markting guru.

b) we simply teach what the New Testament teaches about tithing... which is [b]nothing[/b]. Tithing is not for the NT testament believers, we are free from the Law. If you're going to command people to follow one part of the Law, then you must follow ALL of it.

c) we simply teach what the New Testament teaches about giving... which is God owns it ALL, and He will speak to us on an individual basis what we should give. Sometimes we pool it together in a collection for a specific need (as they did in the NT), and sometimes we enourage people to give to needs individually.

d) we dont pay any elders, teachers, etc. I dont have a problem with salaried leaders, but we dont do it in our house church networks because we want people to teach the whole counsel of God without feeling like if they offend someone the funds will drop off. In others words, we dont want money influencing our teachings.

e) Since we meet in homes, and have no desire to build "temples" of wood and stone... we have no overhead. This frees up any funds we may have to go to support missionaries and other ministries and outreaches.

It's all very simple.

Krispy

2006/11/6 10:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy