SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a perverse spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

a perverse spirit

[b][color=000000]The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof. The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000]The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof[/color][/b]

Read this earlier today and wanted to share it with you all. I feel as though something like this is happening in our land. I do not mean immorality as we would think of it either but rather perverseness of spirit as it is here

[i]the rulers of the darkness of this world[/i]

[i]spiritual wickedness in high places[/i]

2006/11/5 22:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: a perverse spirit

Quote:
Read this earlier today and wanted to share it with you all. I feel as though something like this is happening in our land. I do not mean immorality as we would think of it either but rather perverseness of spirit as it is here

"Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been [b]no latter rain[/b]; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou [b]refusedst to be ashamed[/b]." -Jeremiah 3:3

I believe there is no revival "no latter rain" coming because we "refusedst to be ashamed" about our condition, sin and reliance on our self and method's. Oh God break the wineskin's!

We need intercessor's to be raised up to pray for God to pour his "latter rain" down on the church. Much is amiss, time is short.

"The night is [b]far spent[/b], the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." - Romans 13:12

2006/11/5 22:42Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

Re: perverse spirit

Hello just dropping in for the first time. I agree that there is a perverse spirit, but I feel that the root in the church is far reaching the cure is back to basics. I went to a service this spring that Mike Bickle spoke at and he shared that God was calling us back to the sermon on the mount. I feel we have largely ignored most of Jesus' injunctions. We are selfish, want our own way and certainly don't want to be inconvenienced by going an extra mile. Now I can only speak for most of the church in the US, but we are only Sunday Christians. I read a account of the revival in Argentina and the pastor there tried to get people in the congregation to show hospitality to visiting ministers, etc. and they didn't want their lives interrupted. Selfishness was in the hearts of the body. The minister told them that they were not going to do anything until calling Jesus Lord wasn't just lip service. They didn't do anything except seek His face for months and in the end repentence came and the fire fell and after that they would do anything for anybody. We are not seeing revival and also seeing perverseness enter the body because we refuse to heed His words. Mike Bickle is correct we must return to what He says and weep for our selfishness. We must see they aren't just nice sentiments but a way of life. I have started a word by word study of the sermon on the mount and it is blowing my mind. Most of the church is so.... far from doing what Christ said. We will see revival when we love one another. They will all know we are christians by our love. How many of us will welcome the unlovely into our lives? But if you check out Rolland and Heidi Baker's ministry at www.irismin.org you will see true revival and huge miracles. They are living the cross. They have little dirty, ophans crawling all over them, but their hearts of compassion breaks for them and they see them set free, delivered and healed. They just love them! Heidi says always look in their eyes. You must connect or you will have no impact. Back to the sermon on the mount. How many are willing to give their coat to someone who takes us to court to take our shirt. Too few. We need to re-read these things, study them for all they are worth and repent. The first verse of Matthew 5 blew my mind when the entire thing is searched in the strongs. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed = happy are those who are beggars and recognise themselves destitute unless they get Him inhabiting their spirits. Perverse, yes, but only because we are not living what He preached. Not all those who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but those who do the will of My Father. What is the will of the Father? That we love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and that we love our neighbors as our selves. I believe that the good Samaritian established who was our neighbors. It's time to return to "THE" sermon. Did Jesus actually expect twenty first centry believers to really do what He said? How bad do we cringe at the thought? We better find out lives depend on it. I am preaching to me as I see I am the worst of sinner and love is sadly lacking in me. I am repenting and studying and praying. Join me.

Kathy

2006/11/5 23:18Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy