SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is Gods will?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What is Gods will?

I would like to hear other peoples experiences on how they found Gods will for their life .

For me I've recently discovered that when God is leading me in a certain direction he might take away my peace until I surrender to his will.

Do others have this same experience?
Does this make since at all?
J-bird

2006/11/3 23:51
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re: What is Gods will?

or maybe you lose you're peace because of a reluctancy to do his will . not that he has taken his peace to show you his will but that after yoiu should know his will you don't do it and from disobedience lose you'r joy!!?!

2006/11/6 21:26Profile

Quote:

J-bird wrote:
I would like to hear other peoples experiences on how they found Gods will for their life .

For me I've recently discovered that when God is leading me in a certain direction he might take away my peace until I surrender to his will.

Do others have this same experience?
Does this make since at all?
J-bird

May I ask [kindly] how long have you been a Christian and do you read the Bible as to ponder its words, its intent for you?

Orm

2006/11/7 8:32

Quote:

This is also my experience and I've heard it testified to, by others. But, I have also been quite ill (in the past), or even freakily suddenly, to free me up to concentrate on seeking His heart.

There comes a point when one doesn't want to not do His will, and one is resigned to not resisting His guidance through the promptings of the Spirit. In itself, I think this is a sign of having bowed one's mind to His word, whether it comes through scripture or some other way.

Without doubt, though, unless one actually DOES His will, the blessing, peace and growth which goes with and follows obedience, remains out of reach. One cannot be an [i]armchair[/i] servant of God.

2006/11/9 14:58
Rahman

NO PAIN - NO GAIN

J-bird you wrote;
"I would like to hear other peoples experiences on how they found Gods will for their life."

The simplicity of the questioning in your thread stirred something way deep down inside of me, and is prompting this testimony about my then and now experiences with God towards His will in/for my life, and the games i still play with God in it's regard ...

The will of God for my life, or better yet "what is the will of God for my life" is something that i've been pre-occupied with for much of my "saved" life (i heeded His call in 1979) ... In fact in my profile under interest it states: Fulfilling His ultimate purpose for my life ... i heard my pastor say a long time ago that "God has a purpose for each and every one of us, and if we seek Him diligently to His revealing in us that purpose we could have heaven on earth" ... To some that seems a little over the top, but i got what He meant and that sent me running toward God ... Another pastor also told me that if i thought i had difficulties under the devil's discipleship, just wait until the ones i'd have under Christ ... What i've subsequently learned is yes there is pain when the devil is dragging us down, pain that if we're one of the called will eventually make us cry out to Jesus ... But then there is also pain in Jesus (by Holy Spirit) lifting us ever further up, pain that oft time make us attempt to stop short of His lifting, if not just straight up trying to run away from it ... Amen - that's where His disturbance of our peace comes in, which could not even happen except for our faith in Him ... It's funny how our initial faith in Him becomes our doorway to salvation, and His doorway into our lives to prompt us to Bible learning and subsequent conviction in our wrongdoing ...

J-bird you wrote;
"For me I've recently discovered that when God is leading me in a certain direction he might take away my peace until I surrender to his will."

i'm posting here because i know by experience that our Lord has narrowed me
by pain, the pain i've always felt in the times when i was wilfully dis-obeying Him, quenching and grieving Holy Spirit ... The even more increased pain i felt, by His (i believe) manuevering and manipulation of circumstances (like Jonah's) in my life where in my runnning away He didn't kill me, but put my life in an ugly limbo type holding pattern where no matter how much i tried i couldn't escape until i cried "uncle" (repented) and moved on up a little further like He wanted ...

Our Lord showed me some time ago via a Watchman Nee writing ...

Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob, Which are You Most Like?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2559&forum=35#16596

... that i'm a Jacob type Christian with a very parallel modus-operendi, always (not anymore thank God and time) trying by my own means to get to what He's already planned/promised/set out for me ... i'm also a bargainer with God (not so much anymore but i still have the trait) ... i'm also a runner in Christ: towards something if i see it to my benefit ... away from something if i think it's gonna harm me, or cause me just too much grief ... That's how Jacob was, always getting himself into messes, mainly by coniving, and then having to run, all because he just couldn't accept the simplicity of God's promise without having to attempt to give God some assistance via his natural man ... So he had to run from Esau to Laban (the high point being experiencing Bethel the first time) ... Laban put the whammy on him just as he'd put the whammy on his father and brother ... Then Jacob had to flee Laban back to Esau (the high points being experiencing Jabbok and Peniel) ... By the time our Lord had straightened it out between him and Esau, a now (i know for sure) very tired and still scared Jacob, instead of going back to Bethel (the next high point) the second time, put on hold his promise to God that first time and instead settled in Succoth first, and then just outside of Canaanite Shechem (establishing himself in a place not ordained by God and thus putting himself in line for some more pain) ...

i mention the above because in all our Lord's long suffering dealings with me (i believe i should have been turned into a dust spot a long time ago) yes He's brought me a mighty long way ... The gross sins i used to commit by finally submitting and surrendering to the power and might of Holy Spirit i don't do anymore ... But i like Jacob still have some stuff with me, right at this very moment when i know i'm supposed to be in Bethel a second time, because i'm tired i've settled in Shechem ... But bless God i know that even this period of once again self serving (tho seemingly small) rebellion is allowed until such a time as by circumstance He'll prompt me to move on again up higher (back on to Bethel a second time) ... i bless God that in spite of ourselves, He who began this good work in us of conforming us to the image of His Son is determined to finish it", for Lord knows in my own life without His long suffering promptings on of my growth by painful circumstances there's no way i'd of made as much spiritual progress as i have ... To Him, and Him alone, i give all that glory!

You know i bought a Tony Robbin's course that said "pain is the greatest motivator there is", and that "pleasure has a tendency to make us stay, but even if what was once pleasurable becomes to painful for us we then begin to either seek ways to escape it and/or will stop it all together" ... Thank God that He's minful of us and loves us to the point that he "disciplines those that He loves" ... Bless God i'd rather have His pain in my life as opposed to the devil's anyday, because whenever He brings us pain it's to move us up just a little higher and a little closer to His ultimate purpose for us here on earth.

J-bird you wrote;
"Do others have this same experience? Does this make since at all?"

Well this is mine, and bless God it's ongoing! ... To me, and we got a whole lot of life stories in our Bible to back it up, it makes all the sense in the world!

PS - Anyone identifying with being in Shechem right now might find these sermons interesting;

[b]ALMOST THERE (Still Got Some Residual Idols)[/b]

Jacob in Shechem
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=7230105134

Jacob At Shechem
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=8260515268

Incident at Shechem & Journey's End
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=81105102119

[b]THERE!!! (All Residual Idols Buried)[/b]

The Return To Bethel
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=8110123556

Jacob Returns To God (Bethel the 2nd Time)
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=8260515541

2006/11/10 11:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy