SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What can I find out about William Branham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
thevoice

Re:

I just finished reading all the posts about the topic of William Branham. I took time and found out for myself, and will encourage everyone to check out some of what He preached and study yourself instead of going by hearsay or theology. In fact a website www.lwbwb.org is offering His biography for free. Thats where I started from, and I am learning a lot, as i compare what William Branham is teaching with my KJV Bible instead of theology, such as what was written by Andrew Strom quoted above. I have made time to read the article and compared with the Bible and also with what Willaim preached. Its more theology than bible facts. I believe my bible instead of theology.

Please make time and check what William Branhanm preached before you condemn. Be slow to condemn! What if he was used by the Holy Ghost? You may endup blaspheming the Holy Ghost!

I am not a follower William Branham nor a sympathizer of William Branham followers!

I seek to follow Christ with prayer and study my bible daily.
John

2004/4/13 0:41Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

If one goes through Mr. Branham’s ”theological” material, one knows that he was a false teacher.
Concerning his miracles, we all know that he gave himself to an angel to communicate whatever changes in human constitution he was able to bring about.
Dear friends, follow hard after the Lord. Follow men who stay biblically sound. Do not run after miracle-mongers.
(I had an awful week in Rovno, Ukraine, some years ago, preaching among Pentecostals. The interpreter belonged to the Branham camp. He preached branhamism while interpreting me. Between meetings he tried to indoctrinate me and the pastors present at the conference. I was able to borrow the main items from Branham’s pen. Awful deviations…)
Lars W.

2004/4/13 1:17Profile
thevoice

Re: What can I find out about William Branham

As you have rightly judged, William Branham was no theoleogian educated from a great bible school like you, for he did not even have a high school education. So was Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Jesus, Paul, Oral Roberts, Tommy Osbourne, Dwight Moody and many many others used by God. In fact the bible was not written by theologians, but common people who had a revelation and a relationship with Jesus Christ, but rejected by theologians of the day.
I'd rather have a true revelation of who God is, than theology. Yes and if you judge William Branham sermons by theology, He was mixed up. Why not get his bio book free or his sermons from http://www.lwbwb.org and look for discrepancies from the bible point of view, instead of theological point of view. i'd like to have a discussion with any one who has or reads any of William Branham's sermons. I am still searching!
John

2004/4/14 3:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hi, I would ask that you [b]don't[/b] replicate posts and advertise a website in [b]every[/b] post you make. There is a Zero policy on spamming in these forums, I appreciate your attention to this matter in your further correspondence.

2004/4/14 10:23Profile
todd

California

Re:

Greg,
Thanks for posting that article on Branham. Very helpful and seemingly well researched. I was disappointed that he didn't give any direct references of Branham claiming to be Elijah. I haven't found that yet but many claim it's true.
Thevoice, or anyone else, if you can give a direct referrence to where Branham makes this claim I would greatly appreciate it.

2004/4/14 20:15Profile
lcxor

Re: William Branhams Ministry

Consider this my friends..

William Marrion Branham was one of the most influential Bible ministers of our time. He was considered by many to be the initiator of the healing and charismatic revival that began in 1947, and from his ministry there sprang a myriad of other ministers who became internationally known. One Historian of that movement stated that William Branham was "a prophet to our generation", and a Pentecostal Historian wrote, "Branham filled the largest stadiums and meeting halls in the world." The Full Gospel Men's Voice, (now, Full Gospel Businessmen's Fellowship International), in its February 1961 issue, wrote: "In Bible Days, there were men of God who were Prophets and Seers. But in all the Sacred Records, none of these had a greater ministry than that of William Branham, a Prophet and Seer of God, whose photograph appears on the front cover of this issue of Full Gospel Men's Voice. Branham has been used by God, in the Name of Jesus, to raise the dead!" From 1947 until the time of his passing in 1965, the powerful ministry of William Branham was well known and considered unparalleled in the history of gospel meetings. The impact of the supernatural ministry of this one man was felt not only in North America, but also around the world.

Early Life And Conversion:
William Branham was born April 6, 1909 in a log cabin in the Kentucky hills, the first of nine children of Charles and Ella Branham. Reared near Jeffersonville, Indiana, he knew only a life of deep poverty and hardship, his father being alcoholic and illiterate. Compounding these circumstances, the young boy was considered "nervous", because from an early age he spoke of "visions" and "a voice" which spoke to him out of a wind, saying, "Don't ever drink, or smoke, or defile your body in any way. There will be a work for you to do when you get older."
William Branham came to know the Lord and was filled with the Holy Spirit in 1931. From that time, the Bible became the focus of his life and Jesus Christ the center of his very existence! He was ordained to the ministry at the age of 23 years, in the Missionary Baptist Church in December of 1932.

Visitations Of An Angel:
On June 11, 1933, William Branham was baptizing in the Ohio River near Jeffersonville, Indiana, when a bright fiery light suddenly appeared over his head and a voice spoke out, "As John the Baptist was sent to forerun the first coming of Jesus Christ, so are you sent to forerun His second coming!" The next edition of the Jeffersonville Evening News reported the incident with the subheading, "Mysterious Star Appears Over Minister While Baptizing".

In May of 1946, he set himself aside to seek God for the meaning of his strange life. As he prayed alone late one night, an angel of light appeared, saying, "Do not fear. I am sent from the presence of Almighty God to tell you that your peculiar birth and misunderstood life has been to indicate that you are to take a gift of Divine healing to the peoples of the world. If you will be sincere when you pray and can get the people to believe you, nothing shall stand before your prayer, not even cancer. You will go into many parts of the earth and will pray for kings and rulers and potentates. You will preach to multitudes the world over and thousands will come to you for counsel." This was literally fulfilled in the years that followed, for his ministry took him around the world seven times and many individuals of public influence, including Congressman Upshaw of the U.S.A., and King George VI of England, were healed as a result of his prayers.

On the night of January 24, 1950, one of the most amazing photographs (left photo) of all time was taken in the Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston, Texas. As William Branham stood at the podium, a halo of fire appeared above his head. This picture was the only one that turned out on the entire film! George J. Lacy, Investigator of Questioned Documents, and often hired by the FBI in that capacity, subjected the negative to every scientific test available. At a news conference, he stated, "To my knowledge, this is the first time in all the world's history that a supernatural being has been photographed and scientifically vindicated." The original of this photograph is kept in the archives of the Religious Department of the Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C.

Worldwide Ministry:
As news spread of miraculous healings, pastors from all around began to call Bro. William Branham to minister for their congregations and pray for the sick. A supernatural sign had been given him for the purpose of encouraging the people to believe. Firstly, a physical sign in his hand would indicate a disease or healing. Later on in his ministry the secret thoughts and needs of individuals were revealed, resulting in faith for deliverance. It became abundantly clear to any serious Bible reader, that William Branham was ordained a Prophet to fulfill the many scriptural prophecies concerning our time. Churches could not accommodate the crowds, and the meetings moved to large auditoriums or stadiums for united campaigns in the major cities of North America. Jonesboro, Arkansas - "Evening Sun" Newspaper June 12, 1947. "Residents of at least 25 States and Mexico have visited Jonesboro since Rev. Branham opened the camp meeting, June 1st. The total attendance for the services is likely to surpass the 20,000 mark." Helsinki, Finland - 1950

Two years prior to the Helsinki campaign, God had shown Bro. Branham a vision of a boy being raised from the dead. He related the details to his audiences and asked them to write the vision in the flyleaf of their Bibles. The vision was fulfilled at the scene of an accident, near Kuopio, Finland, where a boy on a bicycle had been struck by a car and killed. The Branham party traveling in a motorcade came upon the scene and Brother Branham, asking that the sheet covering the body be removed, recognized the boy to be the same one he had seen in the vision. He prayed and the child was raised from the dead. Durban, South Africa - 1951 Meetings were sponsored by The Apostolic Faith Mission, the Assemblies of God, the Pentecostal Holiness and the Full Gospel Church of God and conducted in eleven cities, with a combined attendance of a half a million people! Church history was made on the final day of the Durban meetings, held at the Greyville Racecourse, where an estimated 45,000 people were in attendance and thousands more turned away at the gates!

Consider these scriptures:
Malachi 4:5 and 6 is two-fold, fulfilled in part in the ministry of John, the Baptist. He preceded the first coming of Jesus Christ, called the "great" day of the Lord, turning the hearts of the fathers of the "law" to the children of the New Testament era of "grace." As stated in Jamieson, Fausset & Brown Commentary on the Whole Bible, "…John the Baptist was an Elijah in spirit (Luke 1:16,17) but not the literal Elijah (John 1:21). This implies that John, knowing he was referred to by Malachi 4:5, knew by inspiration that he did not exhaustively fulfil all that is included in this prophecy: that there is a further fulfillment. There is a prophet that will fulfill the second part of this scripture, forerun the second coming of Christ and "turn the hearts of the children to their fathers.." Literally, a ministry that will turn the hearts of a backslidden generation back to the Word of God and the faith of our "early church" fathers before the "dreadful day of the Lord", the second coming of Christ in judgment.

Again, Matthew 17:10-12 is two-fold. Firstly, "Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?" "… But I say unto you, That Elias is come already and they knew him not …" speaking of John the Baptist. Secondly, "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things." Speaking of a future forerunner to precede Christ's second coming.

The ministry of William Branham involved three distinct stages that he referred to as "pulls". The First Pull: Healing. Second Pull: Prophesying. Third Pull: The opening or revealing of the Word of God.

The ministry of Jesus Christ followed exactly the same pattern. First Pull: multitudes flocked to hear his gracious words and to receive His miraculous healing touch. Second Pull: Revealed the secrets of the hearts. (John 4:17-18) Third Pull: His "message", the Word of God which came in strength and contrary to the religious order of the day, caused the multitudes to leave him.

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." John. 6:66

In December 1962 God gave William Branham a vision of an angelic visitation which he foretold in a message "Sirs is this the Time?" On February 28, 1963, the vision and prophecy was fulfilled when a constellation of seven angels, formed as the head of Christ, met him with a commission to speak the opening of the Seven Seals of Revelation. Life Magazine (May 17th 1963) carried the photograph (right figure) of this supernatural event, describing it as a "Mystery Cloud over Arizona."

To the millions of believers around the world who have heard and received the Message which God has sent through His prophet, William Branham, the Word of God has opened up as never before in history. Jesus Christ has come into plain view through the pages of revealed scripture. World events no longer cause alarm, for all is unfolding as it should, fulfilling Bible prophecy!

We urge all sincere readers to be as the Bereans in Act 17:11 who "were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."
[img align=right]http://www.spokenwordchurch.com/pof.jpg[/img][img align=left]http://www.spokenwordchurch.com/cloud.jpg[/img]

2004/4/15 9:24Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying 'Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--'and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul" Deut. 13:1-3

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. BUT (emphasis added) even if we, or an ANGEL (emphasis added) from heaven preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed." Gal. 1:6-8

William Branham preached another gospel and a different Jesus. His account with "holy rollers" that he gives was with the heretical "Jesus Only" movement that he later was caught up in. His account of his conversion reads more like that of the spiritism that was so popular in his day, and that of another man named Joseph Smith.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/4/15 10:26Profile
jkathiresan

Re: What can I find out about William Branham

Dear Brother,

He is a true and vindicated prophet sent by God. He is like John the Baptist. All his doctrines are 100% biblical doctrines and fully supported by bible verses.

If you have any queries, doubts i'm ready and willing to answer and help.

Remember, Jesus is rejected 2000 years ago. Rejection will always happened to prophets in all the time. Denominations are man made creed, dogmas and own interpretations. God never made denominations in any point of time.

Analyze the scriptures you will come to know the truth.

Please send email to [email protected]

you can also hear sermons from the below web-sites to know more about his doctrines, life, message etc.,

1) Hear the archived Sermons from http://www.eveninglight.net/

2) http://www.bcfellowship.org/

3) http://www.happyvalleychurch.com/

With Love,
Samuel

2010/11/26 6:57Profile
Renoncer

Re:

You may want to look up Justin Peters. Here's an excerpt of his research:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YYN2E7xkY&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1

2010/11/26 11:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net