SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What can I find out about William Branham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Netmaster

Antigua, West Indies

What can I find out about William Branham

Who is he? Are his theories true? To me he smoothly twists the word of God. When people talk about him, they say he's some sort of prophet of God, and it's more "Brother Branham said..." I hear than "The Word of God says...". I need to know the truth about this guy.

2004/2/9 9:21Profile
nobody

Re: What can I find out about William Branham

You can quickly do some internet research on him, or you can read Dr. John MacArthur's book entitled Charismatic Chaos.

Who you say Branham was is the question that divides the Pentecostal camp into the mainstream/mostly biblical/AG type groups and the fringe/mostly heretical/Word-Faith type groups. The reason why he divides these capms is that he had "the signs" accompanied with false teaching. So if you believe the signs are more important than biblical teaching (future Antichrist followers), then you will love Branham. If you believe that one must teach biblical truths and that signs can be deceptive then you will see him for what he was- a heretic. Every time he opened his mouth heresy poured out and even his friends and followers were often shocked at his teaching. The only thing he did have was "gifts" of some type- I highly suspect that they were not of the Holy Spirit of God.

Try this article:
http://www.letusreason.org/Latrain4.htm
http://jesus-messiah.com/html/branham.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/quotes.html

2004/2/9 10:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
So if you believe the signs are more important than biblical teaching (future Antichrist followers), then you will love Branham. If you believe that one must teach biblical truths and that signs can be deceptive then you will see him for what he was- a heretic.

I watched a video of him being interviewed and it was very demonic to me.. He talks in a very religious and biblical manner but that is the way the devil works, masquareding the truth. And yes the Antichrist will have miricales and so will the false prophets, but does that mean what they say is approved? I think not.

[b]Matthew 24:24[/b] - [color=CC0000]For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible[/color].

I don't think William Branham is worth that much consideration or time on researching.

2004/2/9 10:47Profile
Netmaster

Antigua, West Indies

Re:

I thank you a whole lot. I never believed in him in the first place. The truth about me is that I'm an 18 year old boy, studying Computer Programming, should have my Associates Degree by the end of this year, and hopefully if funds come I'll continue on to my Bsc. While up here I met some other young people that attend this church that teaches about Branham. From the first time I heard, I didn't like the guy for his theories. He tends to corrupt the word of God. He's interpretation of what happened in the Garden of Eden is sick, their definition of the Godhead is that of modalism, and pantheism. And many more flaws, that's why I just needed input from more people, so I decided to ask y'all. Thanx. Continue to reply.

2004/2/10 5:52Profile
Teddy

Re:

I read that he was a "real" healing evangelist when he started out. but in the latter part of his ministry, he started being called Elijah by his followers and then things started to take a turn for the worse.

It is said that his death was prophesied beforehand. Maybe God took him home early because of what he was doing. Those who followed him became a cult in the end.

See [url=http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~revival/healing.html]Great Healing Revivalists - How God's Power Came[/url]

Teddy :-)

2004/2/10 16:36Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Teddy wrote: "I read that he[William Branham] was a "real" healing evangelist when he started out. but in the latter part of his ministry, he started being called Elijah by his followers and then things started to take a turn for the worse."

Reply: Actually it was Alexander Dowie that came to believe that he was the prophet Elijah, and even began to dress like him. Of the two, Dowie was, at one time, closer to Biblical integrity than Branham.

2004/2/10 17:23Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Hulsey, the pioneer healing evangelist, John Alexander Dowie did come to believe at the end of his ministry that he was the prophesied Elijah to come, however, Branham also believed this about himself.
At the beginning of Branhams ministry, I believe, as far as my studies are concerned, that he was the real thing. He was a poor, uneducated man (which resulted in his later doctrinal shortcomings). He was far from a glitzy, jump suit, healing evangelist. He was a very humble man whom God moved upon and demonstrated his power through in incredible ways. He moved very powerfully in the gift of knowledge as well as the gift of healing. I know that Leonard Ravenhill actually preached for him (because he was extremely fatigued from travel), and then Branham prayed for the sick at the conclusion of Brother Ravenhills sermon.
He never really did any of the preaching. Gordon Lindsey and others filled in here because Branham lacked a preaching gift. It is thought that it was due to his lack of education, as well as his stepping out of his area of calling (praying for the sick, attempting to become a teacher) that created the doctrinal problems. Towards the end of his life Branham became a oneness pentecostal (denied the trinity), believe that Eve had sexual relations with the serpent, that he was the prophet Elijah, and many other bizzare doctrines. It was Kenneth Hagin that prophesied Branhams death. Some believe that the Lord took Branham to keep him from becoming to steeped in false doctrine and deceiving more. (Open for debate) I do know that after his death a cult called the "Branhamites" emerged. They hail him much as the mormons hail Joseph Smith. I personally don't believe this was due to Branhams direct influence, rather I believe it was the people. Friends, I take the story of Branhams life as a warning from heaven. It doesn't matter how much God uses you, how much gifting or anointing you posses, every great man has feet of clay. We can all be moved, wether morally, socially, doctrinally etc... Let us take heed when we think we stand lest we fall.
Burning,
Jeff

2004/2/11 11:27Profile
Netmaster

Antigua, West Indies

Re:

I need to whole community to do me a favor, and pray with me each morning, just remember these names in prayer, and I will update y'all of change if any. But I need you to pray for my Girlfriend who believes the William Branham thing. Her name is Jo-Anna Graham. I need you to also remember her sister Jenelle Graham, and Janine Graham. But please, especially, remember Jo-Anna. Let us use the power of prayer to it's fullest. All over the world, let us unite the power of prayer here. Help me please guys...Help me God to turn this girl away from this cult in Jesus name Amen.

2004/2/11 19:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Will pray for them brother.
Don't know your situation, could you download some of the sermons from here to give to her/them?

They wouldn't have to be of the variety of the issue at hand, that may not be of much help if they are that steeped in this, at least right now. But to give them some solid biblical teaching.

Let us know, surely we could give you some recommended messages that would be helpful.

2004/2/11 19:50Profile
Netmaster

Antigua, West Indies

Re: Thanks

I'll dowload the sermons if I have to, but, I definetely cannot guarantee, that they, or even Jo-Anna would listen to them. What I might end up doing, is having to cut a deal with her. I listen to William Branham, and she listens to the sermons you give me. It's not that I'm a afraid that William Branham teachings will have and effect on me. The Lord has planted my feet on solid ground, I know where I stand, and with God's grace assisting me, I'm not going to fall into that trap. But If I have to cut the deal I will, once it would result in them hearing the real Word, because I know, up to this moment, they haven't been exposed to it. At least not in the truth.

2004/2/12 3:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy