SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love & Judgement ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
1MrMagoo

Covington La

Love & Judgement ???

Good Evening and God Bless....

Jesus' voice is made up of Many Waters - Love-Compasion- Kindness are chief among those. Every parable, letter and story of the lives of those flesh and blood patriarchs and matriarchs of the bible...all the way to to the eternal life everlasting is one story. The story of Brothers and Sisters, men and women living not as themselves by as the reflection of God: His bride as described in the scriptures. Every person on this planet breaths the same air, yet so many people live and believe that they are divided and somehow different from everyone around them. Whether it be through governments, cultural beliefs, lifestyle choices all the way to denominations in the gatherings of believers.

We are thousands of miles apart and will most likely never physically meet. Yet I know you and you are with me along with all those who share the same mind and heart: That of Christ. As the Lord uses us to help these people rebuild there lives I will feel you there in spirit.

Now, more on what I originally typed about. What is the measure of a persons life, how can it be measured, and more importantly...who is fit to do the measuring? It seems that most Christians I have met, as well as most every other person in the world, seems to be looking for some sort of instant gratification. They are unwilling to invest in something or someone without seeing the results of their investment...In other words, they cannot plant the seed without wanting to wait around watch and aid the plant in growing and see the eventual harvest. Now I am not saying that the lord NEVER tells us to do this, but I'm not sure it is necessary every time. It may take 10 minutes, 10 years, or even an entire lifetime for the single seed to find fertile ground within a person and grow. Yet most believers I have met will look at a person and find their faults....attempt to help and when the perhaps unwilling recipient does not respond as the giver wishes....that person is dismissed and disregarded completely. Possibly, all you were meant to do that day was fix a flat tire for them and go on your way down the road. Instead, people attempt to give God at every opportunity instead of giving life. Loving others through random acts of kindness and consistantly putting others before yourself will allow far more planting of those precious seeds as well as some cultivation of the tender seedlings planted in the distant past by a stranger.

Please know that I mean no criticism of any of my brothers or sisters in Christ. Jesus said:
John 10:17-18
"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
If we are to live as the reflection of Christ, then we have this ability as well. We walk in his life and if we choose to live by being divided by the politics, ideology, and theology of men, then we cannot operate in the Love of Christ and we let our lives be taken from us...not give them freely as Christ did for the greater glory of the Father and his Kingdom.

2006/11/2 19:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy