SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The decline of Secular AND Christian music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
I grew up in this before you were born

The pope is older than me, too... that doesnt make him an expert on the Bible.

Krispy

cha-ching!

2006/11/13 16:49Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

lol... well, I was trying to make it easy! It's a superb read. Long, but superb!

2006/11/13 16:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
I grew up in this before you were born

The pope is older than me, too... that doesnt make him an expert on the Bible.

Krispy

Doesn't make anyone an expert on anything. However, and by God's grace, I can make distinctions BETTER then you can. Now you really don't want to tell me my life was lived in vain, correct?

;-)

2006/11/13 17:00

Re:

Quote:
Now you really don't want to tell me my life was lived in vain, correct?

Nope, wouldnt say cuz I dont believe it to be the case.

I would still like to know what you meant by this statement:

Quote:
So much for what hasn't lasted and Keith Green

Please clarify that...

Krispy

2006/11/13 17:26

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
Now you really don't want to tell me my life was lived in vain, correct?

Nope, wouldnt say cuz I dont believe it to be the case.

I would still like to know what you meant by this statement:

Quote:
So much for what hasn't lasted and Keith Green

Please clarify that...

Krispy

What hasn't lasted won't be remembered and isn't. Keith Green? Never heard of him. Those that have no doubt have another to cling to since his passing [if he indeed has, I don't know]. Tell me, did he write any music worth remembering by worshippers? I ask because I really don't know.
No doubt, if he did, only a particular crowd would speak of it. However, what about the rest of the crowd? Did they or couldn't they receive from what he wrote? Why or why not? And as a result is that music worth remembering? --- worship music, that is?

;-)

2006/11/13 18:07
BenBrockway

Re:

ORMLY,

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:
I repent of ever having recorded one single song, and ever having performed one concert, if my music, and more importantly, my life has not provoked you into Godly jealousy or to sell out more completely to Jesus! — Keith Green

:-D

2006/11/13 18:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
What hasn't lasted won't be remembered and isn't. Keith Green? Never heard of him. Those that have no doubt have another to cling to since his passing [if he indeed has, I don't know]. Tell me, did he write any music worth remembering by worshippers? I ask because I really don't know.

Wow... you need to get out more. Yea, Keith died at the age of 28 in 1983. His music is very much remembered today... I would dare say that out of the last 3 decades Keith's music is the most remembered and cherished of anyone.

Just because you've never heard of him doesnt mean he's been forgotten. You should learn more about him. I was saved shortly after reading a biography about him... which is still very much in print. It's called No Compromise. There is also an hour long DVD out about his life as well.

You need to be careful because you're judging someone who you admittingly have never heard of. Thats not at all biblical. I think if you take the time to find out who Keith was, you'll realize that it's foolish as well. Thats not an insult, it's truth.

How God used Keith Green is an inspiration to millions of people. Because of his message of the final two years of his life, thousands of people are serving God in the mission fields today.

Thats a fact.

Krispy

2006/11/13 18:16

Re:

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:
ORMLY,

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:
I repent of ever having recorded one single song, and ever having performed one concert, if my music, and more importantly, my life has not provoked you into Godly jealousy or to sell out more completely to Jesus! — Keith Green

:-D

Yeah? And? :-? Sounds like a nice guy.... still never heard of him.

2006/11/13 18:16
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:

Wow... you need to get out more. Yea, Keith died at the age of 28 in 1983. His music is very much remembered today... I would dare say that out of the last 3 decades Keith's music is the most remembered and cherished of anyone.

Just because you've never heard of him doesnt mean he's been forgotten. You should learn more about him. I was saved shortly after reading a biography about him... which is still very much in print. It's called No Compromise. There is also an hour long DVD out about his life as well.

You need to be careful because you're judging someone who you admittingly have never heard of. Thats not at all biblical. I think if you take the time to find out who Keith was, you'll realize that it's foolish as well. Thats not an insult, it's truth.

How God used Keith Green is an inspiration to millions of people. Because of his message of the final two years of his life, thousands of people are serving God in the mission fields today.

Thats a fact.

Krispy

Yup, it's a fact

2006/11/13 18:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

Perhaps thats true, we really don't know. However, it is you Krispy, who needs to check his words because words mean something. What I wrote you need to read again.
In your endeavor to speak against my experiences and opinion you want my words to mean something more and against the person of Keith Green. I told you, I don't know the man; never heard of him. If I have and have forgotten, I didn't pay attention sufficient no doubt because of his music. His memory may last in many hearts. That may well be the case. But his music??
Only time will tell. There isn't much evidence so far that any of it or anyone else' has lasted except in the minds of a few. Most all of it has been shelved for progressively lesser quality hard-to-remember "sounds" which are remembered even less than his and will be on there way out as well.

I am reminded, as I write this, of Dallas Holmes', "Rise again". Went like gang busters back when; a real pretty "3 chord" tune played and sung quite well, I always get a thrill when I hear it. But thats the only one he wrote, isn't it? Get my point? Now I'm sure he had a wonderful testimony as well, however, we are speaking of music, not testimonies, correct? Will Dallas Holme be remembered? By a few, no doubt. How about his music? The one I mentioned I will remember and perhaps a few more people as well but we don't hear it played at all, anymore. I guess its time for new "sounds", the old ones quit working. ...Hmmm?? Something wrong with that picture.

Orm

2006/11/14 6:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy