SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: persecution, then revival

I think the key to real revival is found in Isaiah 6:1 when Isaiah, reeling from the loss of Uzziah, received a revelation of the glory of God. His immediate response was to confess his sin. This is what happens when the Glory of God is manifest.

2006/11/2 7:45Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Mahoney,

You asked what we’re waiting for? My answer is everything!!! Everything from the church is gone! Everything from my life is gone! I want the truth to come back for me and for the church! America might have counted 50 years before revival but here in my country we saw it in the early 80s during the communist regime. Eventhough I was very young by then and did not receive the Lord in my life I remember everything-I remember how the church shook the nation until the communist regime trembled! Thousands came to Christ, the blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear (it is literal) The persecution boiled, the fire doubled but the believers prevailed, The underground church prevailed- There were salvations, there were martyrdoms, there were literal miracles-women were tied with dead donkeys and thrown to hyenas for their faith but the hyenas would only eat the dead donkey and leave the tied ones ending in the faith of the persecutors, machineguns’ triggers locked when the believers were about to be shot while praying, hands were tied by supernatural power of God in the midst of congregation while trying to shoot the 24 year old revival leader….. But now the church is sleeping along with the democracy and the freedom and if you want to know what I’m waiting for-this is what I’m waiting for!!! We need God-If you think God is present among us with all his glory (with who he is and what he has) you're mistaken! We have everything in the church what we don't have is Christ!-he is standing outside and knocking the door!

Your sis. Mek.

2006/11/2 8:35Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The church ought to put out the fires of hell which are laying hold of the wicked. Sleep! Should the firemen sleep, and let the whole city burn down: what would be thought of such firemen? And yet their guilt would not compare with the guilt of Christians who sleep while sinners around them are sinking stupid into the fires of hell.

Another of the enemies successful tactics in our times is to place the blame of every calamity on some political figure rather than calling on God for deliverance. We seen it with 9-11 and Katrina. How long before the urgency turned to finger pointing? How long before the fear that gripped the people from coast to coast gave way to Patriotism and then the blame game? I am afraid that calamity is loosing traction to get the people to turn back to God on a national scale. Calamity hits and the nation is stunned for a while and then seems to just move right along. Unless the disaster is hitting every home hard and heavy and relentlessly I am not sure what it would take to shake folk up.

2006/11/2 8:51Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Concerning persecution, what is there to persecute?

The church in the western nations, as opposed to those elsewhere, doesn't need persecution, because we are primarily ineffective.

On a national level, sin is effectively written into law, with either no protest, or media blackout if there is.

The church is incredibly apathetic, sickeningly so.

It offers no answers to the world around it, and those who are in the church are falling away.

And no one seems to be doing anything about it.

So you ask, what am I doing about it?

My vague answer is whatever I can.

Scripturally speaking that is.

I know it is not a pretty picture that I paint, but, unfortunately, I paint what I see, warts and all.

We need, each one of us, to seek God daily, in prayer, in His word, through times of fasting, and watching, and beg Him.

We don't beg. We should. In true humility, beg God to move. If He doesn't, we're lost, all of us. God forbid that should happen.

It won't, if we seek Him.

God bless.

2006/11/2 9:14Profile
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Re:

Quote:
Concerning persecution, what is there to persecute?

The church in the western nations, as opposed to those elsewhere, doesn't need persecution, because we are primarily ineffective.

On a national level, sin is effectively written into law, with either no protest, or media blackout if there is.

The church is incredibly apathetic, sickeningly so.

It offers no answers to the world around it, and those who are in the church are falling away.

Absolutely correct, Enid.
It's when the Church is flourishing and strong that persecution for the name of Christ is experienced. Until then, satan doesn't have to do anything but walk through our congregations and sing songs along with everyone else. Sorry for the sarcasm.

Bartle,
I think you mean that it's judgment that will have to come before revival. God have mercy on us all.

2006/11/2 10:19Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Isn't it an amazing thing that there have been
Awakenings in this nation roughly EVERY 50 YEARS -
going back OVER 2 CENTURIES??

How terrible it would be to be the first generation
in 250 years to miss this "window" of Revival.

It is now 50 years since the last one. We need to PRAY!!

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/2 10:19Profile

Sister Mekdi

Thank you and God bless you for that testimony.

May God protect the Church throughout the Horn of Africa, and in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Chad and Congo.

Difficult days to be sure, but great things are happening in those lands. True, I live in empire, a fat land, but in many ways, I envy the Churches throughout the Horn.

May God bless and protect you, neil

2006/11/2 11:58

Brother Brad

you wrote:

Quote:
Bartle, I think you mean that it's judgment that will have to come before revival. God have mercy on us all.

Brad, brother, I'm very precise about words, I meant persecution, and I believe that it will come from within what will be CALLED the "church", which will be an apostatized civic nationalistic religion, it will wrap itself in the flag, and in the empire, and it will kill and persecute anyone who doesnt go along with the program.

it will be a religion, and it will say "lord lord", but rest assured it will have nothing to do with Jesus, and everything to do with power wealth and position....as Jesus said in Mark,

"watch".

2006/11/2 12:05
death2self

Washington DC area

Re: Brother Brad

I believe you're to something here Bartle. As someone who lives in the Washington DC area, one would assume that Jesus must be a Republican. I don't believe Jesus would be a politician at all.

Whenever I think of the dear Chinese brethren and other persecuted members of the body of Christ, this verse comes to mind quite often from 1 Peter 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

May the name of Jesus be glorified.

As to the last revival, there certainly was a move of God but not on the scale of the past movements. I'm praying that the Lord will pour out his spirit one last time...

2006/11/2 12:32Profile
BenBrockway

Re: The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Oh, how we need REVIVAL. America is in desperate need for a stirring of the Holy Spirit to move across the land. When will men and women stand up and stand firm for the cause of Christ. When will we pursue revival at ALL costs? We need to be on our faces crying out to the Lord. Floor boards and carpets need to be dented in by knees. When are we gonna stop being fakers and become history makers?

This morning as a buddy of mine and I were praying for Revival, I came across this Scripture, which we all know:
Ephesians 6:10-19a
The Armor of God
"10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..."

When are we gonna have men (and women) fully equipped? When are we gonna be gutsy enough to stand firm against an enemy that has already been defeated? Why do we sit back and watch? When are we going to be on the offensive instead of the defensive. We NEED to reclaim America. We do need preachers and prayers. We have too many men and women living in comfort rather then living dangerously for the Lord. Now IS the time. Who is gonna stand up with me? Who is going to boldly go where no man has gone before… in the last 50 years?

WE NEED REVIVAL
:-) :-) :-)

2006/11/2 13:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy