SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Questions for Jehovas Witnesses(update)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Questions for Jehovas Witnesses(update)

please pray for me and the man i will meet, he is in the watchtower organization, ive invited him to my home now this friday, he prabably sees me as a possible convert and i know jehovas witnesses are "trained" to help people ive invited him to "help" me awnser this questions i have, so he is coming this friday and we will talk, pray that the living GOD will open his eyes to the truth so that Jesus Christ can recive glory from this mans life, and pray for me that i will be christlike in this meeting in all my ways, here are the questions i thought id ask him, becuse so often its just a tennismatch whit scripture back and forth and it never leads anywhere, so i found thease questions at www.towertotruth.net

so please share what you think and tell me
much thanks christian

30 Questions to Get a Jehovah’s Witness to Think!

Resurrection of Jesus

If Jesus was resurrected as an invisible spirit, like the Watchtower teaches, why did Jesus say he was going to raise his physical body from the dead (John 2:19-22)?

If Jesus, the man, ceased to exist at his death and was raised from the dead as Michael the Archangel, why did Michael deceive the apostles into believing that they were witnessing Jesus in a resurrected physical body (Luke 24:39)?

If Jesus is now living in heaven as an invisible spirit creature, like the Watchtower teaches, why did Paul write many years after the ascension of Christ that he is dwelling in heaven in a physical body (Colossians 2:9)? Note: The Greek word, somatikos, means physical, tangible body.

If Jesus is now Michael the Archangel, why does 1 Timothy 2:5 say that the mediator between God and men is the man, Christ Jesus, and not the spirit, Michael the Archangel?

Can you show me a verse in the bible that clearly says Jesus is the Archangel Michael? How can Jesus be Michael since Hebrews chapter 1 stresses the superiority of Jesus over the angels and that all the angels worship him? Why would Jehovah command that the entire angelic realm worship another angel? Note: The Watchtower bible changes the word worship, in Hebrews 1:6, to “do obeisance to”. However, see section below on the New World Translation.

The Watchtower Society

Since the Watchtower was wrong in the past about many of its teachings and the light continues to get brighter (Proverbs 4:18), how do you know that the current teachings are correct and won’t change?

Why did the Watchtower magazine (Nov 15, 1981, p. 21) say to “come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation” when Jesus never directed us to an organization for salvation but to him?

When you joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses, did you read information for and against the Watchtower so you could make an educated and well rounded decision based on both points of view?

Has anyone become a Jehovah’s Witness after reading the bible alone without the aid of Watchtower material?

If I were to join the Jehovah’s Witnesses, would it be okay for me to do research into the Watchtower’s past by reading non-Watchtower material?

Since the Watchtower was in error many times in the past, are you obligated to believe that all the current teachings are God’s truth?

False Prophecies

If Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1914, like the Watchtower teaches, why was the Watchtower teaching in 1929 that Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1874? How did they finally figure out that that teaching was false? Reference: Prophecy, 1929, p. 65.

Since the Watchtower claims to be God’s prophet (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197) and have falsely predicted Armageddon to occur in 1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975, do you think they meet the criteria of Deuteronomy 18:20-22?

Can you show me in the bible where it says to give false prophets a second or third chance to get it right?

If the Watchtower really is Jehovah’s prophet, like they claim, can you show me anything they predicted that came to pass?

The New World Translation

Why did Hebrews 1:6 in the 1970 version of the New World Translation say, “Let all God’s angels worship him” and not “do obeisance to him” like the new versions say?

Why does the New World Translation insert the word “other” four times into Colossians chapter 1 when it isn’t in the Greek manuscripts at all? Doesn’t this change the meaning of the text?

Why does the New World Translation place the comma in Luke 23:43 in a different location than it does every other time when Jesus says, “Truly I tell you”?

Can you show me a list of Greek scholars who approve of the New World Translation’s New Testament translation?

Can you show me a list of the people who were on the New World Translation Committee along with their credentials in the ancient Biblical languages?

The 144,000

If the Watchtower’s teaching that the 144,000 were filled in 1935 is correct, can you explain how Jesus, his apostles and their immediate followers couldn’t get 144,000 converts in 1800 years, but the Watchtower got 6 million converts in 125 years?

Why does the Watchtower teach that only 144,000 people are born-again when 1 John 5:1 says that everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God?

Why is there only one judgment period from God to test the endurance and worthiness of the 144,000 before they are guaranteed of eternal life, but the other sheep have to endure through this life, the 1000 year millennium plus pass an unknown final test before they are counted worthy of eternal life? Why is salvation so much easier for the 144,000?

If Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not part of the 144,000 with a heavenly hope, why does Jesus say in Matthew 8:11 that they will be in the kingdom of heaven?

Identity of Jesus

According to Jesus in John 17:3, how many true Gods are there? Would you say that whatever is not true is false? Doesn’t the New World Translation call Jesus “a god” in John 1:1? Since there is only one true God and all others must be false, is Jesus a true God or a false god?

If Jesus was God’s Master Worker in creation, why does Jehovah say, in Isaiah 44:24, that He created all things by Himself?

If Jesus is a created being, why does he get twice as much worship, in Revelation 5:12, as Jehovah gets in Revelation 4:11?

If Jehovah created Jesus, why does John 1:3 say that all things came into existence through Jesus and apart from him not even one thing was made? Doesn’t this place Jesus outside the realm of created things?

Miscellaneous

If everlasting life comes by taking in knowledge (John 17:3), how long do I have to study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses to be assured that I have enough knowledge to live forever? 1 year? 5 years?

If we pay for our personal sins when we die, like the Watchtower teaches, how will the great crowd who survive Armageddon pay for their sins since they will never die but go right on living into the millennium?

2006/10/31 3:12Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Questions for Jehovas Witnesses

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
here are the questions i thought id ask him, becuse so often its just a tennismatch whit scripture back and forth and it never leads anywhere, so i found thease questions at www.towertotruth.net

so please share what you think and tell me
much thanks christian

How great that you have opportunity to witness to some Jehovah's Witnesses(JWs). I love to see when believers get proactive an chase sinners into the Kingdom.

May I suggest that the way you are planning to go about this will lead to extreme frustration on your part. In my understanding, one of the main reasons JWs witness 2 by 2 is so that if one begins to break, the other will tell on them. Watchtower, as with any cult is built on fear. If someone were to fall away from the "faith" they would lose their family and everything. Also, JWs are trained to change the subject when they begin losing an arguement, so expect to have opportunity to go through all 30 of your questions.

May I suggest the following sermon by J Jacob Prasch called [url=http://ditc.podomatic.com/enclosure/2006-04-02T15_13_31-07_00.mp3]The Spirit Of Truth And The Spirit Of Error[/url]? This highlights one of the reasons why people under deception often don't respond to our witness.

I'll also direct you to Ray Comfort's [url=http://www.wayofthemaster.com/mp3/tape06.m3u]How to Witness and Preach Effectively[/url], which will equip you with some effective tools and mindset for witnessing, based on his [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=434]Hell's Best Kept Secret[/url] sermon.

All the best for Friday, and don't forget that a JW is just another sinner. They don't need nay special treatment.

2006/10/31 5:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i will look into those sermons... and yes they are sinners just like anyone else, but the sad thing thou is that they really think and belive whit all of their heart that they are serving jehova god...and that i as a "born again" christian have a demon in me...but ive read several testimonies from former JW...and they all talk about the fear of the elders and the fear of the organization.i just want to "inject" some doubts in their mind and get them to think for themselfs..... and your right about that they change topic very quick if it gets hot for them, but i just give them the same medicine...i just say i dont want to talk about the trinity or about thease things whitch they know back and forwards....... i want to talk about the watchtower and of its teachings and prophesies...and when they switch i switch back... its my house :)

and i thought about print out thease questions on a papper... and when they offer me a magazine i offer them something.

thanx for your prayers

2006/10/31 5:47Profile

Re:

I did the same thing recently with the Mormons. Rest assured... it [b]will[/b] be frustrating! However, you really need to a) let God speak thru you, b) know exactly what you are talking about, c) [b]cover this with prayer![/b]

Especially when dealing with JW's I recommend using a King James Bible. They much prefer conversing with a Christian who is using a modern version (especially the NIV) because it isnt a whole lot different from their bible. In fact, the JW's I spoke with recently had a guide in the back of their bible that showed them how to rip holes in a Christians arguments depending on what versions they were using. [b]But they cant do that against a KJV![/b]

Be prepared to not see any results with this man right away. Perhaps never. The depths of their deception is beyond anything you can imagine. Especially if they trust him to meet with you alone.

One last thing... consider cancelling your meetings. If you have not been walking with the Lord for very long... if you do not read and [b]study[/b] your Bible every single day... if you do not know, understand, and believe sound biblical [b]doctrine[/b]... then cancel the meetings. If any of these things describe you, then you are opening yourself up to strong delusion.

This is why scripture tells us:

[b]2 John 1:10-11[/b] [i]If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.[/i]

When I was attempting to witness to Mormons a few months ago we would talk on my deck. I would not allow them into my house. I would not pray [i]with[/i] them at any time. I prayed [i]for[/i] them, but not with them.

Pauls commands us in this scripture to [b]receive him not into your house[/b]. I would caution you NOT to allow them into your home. Not only are you opening up your home spiritual deception... you would be disobeying a very clear command of scripture. If you're in disobedience to scripture, how can you expect to honor God in your witnessing?

I've tangled with many JW's and Mormons... I know what I am talking about. I admire your zeal to shed some light on the darkness they are in, but I personally think you need to back up, take a deep breath... and reconsider this. Not so much reconsidering witnessing to them... but reconsider your approach to it. This is not something to enter into lightly or unprepared.

Krispy

2006/10/31 9:33
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well i will pray much over this, and i will step back and think about it, but ive talked whit this man in the past, the reason he can come alone is probaly he is an elder, hes been a jw for over 50 years! ive meet whit him many times and most often he wanna get into the trinity and the cross thing and jesus is a spitit...their usual "weapons" ive now learned it is frustrating and often times pointless to just arguee whit them about scripture, i just have this burden for this man, for 50 years he have been there, what darkness.... and i know his testimony he used to be in the usual church the swedich state shurch and he had some very sad and tragic experience there...so from that he joined the watchtower... i just feel burdend about this man working and doing everything they do in the watchtower organization and then he will go to hell, i know i cant save him, i just want to know i said and done everything i can to show him to the savior, show him the truth... i pray the holy spirit will create a new heart in him...

and the leting them into my house...hmmm i dunno... shouldent we? i meen just for the plesure of being whit them or just some other silly reason i can understand...but id let a muslim in anyday to talk about christ...id let a buddist in...why not a jehowas witness? but id like to hear more on that verse on what paul meent..should we not let anyone else but christians in our houses?

2006/10/31 13:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
and the leting them into my house...hmmm i dunno... shouldent we? i meen just for the plesure of being whit them or just some other silly reason i can understand...but id let a muslim in anyday to talk about christ...id let a buddist in...why not a jehowas witness? but id like to hear more on that verse on what paul meent..should we not let anyone else but christians in our houses?

Scripture couldnt be more clear... do not invite them into your home. If he came to your house to watch a game on TV, that would be one thing. But this man is bringing another Christ and doctrine, and scripture is clear.

Krispy

2006/10/31 13:51
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

For what it's worth, here's a bit from my experience. When you attack the organization the JW's are "programmed", as it were, to expect this and they anticipate the objections and have pat answers for them. So you will find it hard going along this line.

I prefer to stick with just talking about Christ, the deity of Christ, the sufficiency of Christ, the glory of Christ...Ask them about how you can know eternal life; for every "do" they present (and like all false religion they will present a works salvation) you present a "done" from Christ.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/10/31 14:08Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

quote]

Scripture couldnt be more clear... do not invite them into your home. If he came to your house to watch a game on TV, that would be one thing. But this man is bringing another Christ and doctrine, and scripture is clear.

Krispy

mmm now you got me here...well im still not entirely convinsed , but when im not really sure..better safe then sorry as you americans say...i will meet him at his home instead until i get that one straight...ill bring the gospel to them...insted of the other way around.... that will probably work out better

2006/10/31 14:33Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

God bless your efforts!

Stick to one topic, do not allow them to slide around, one topic and one topic only(Make sure you know it inside out and then demolish the lies!) and repeat it as often as you can within the time you have. The deceived have to have their faith shaken in the lies they believe, it takes repeated blows at their false foundation. These should be in the form of questions so you do not come off as an agressor or they will slide out the door. You will probably not have them on their knees, they will have to go before then but if you can sow a seed of doubt with scripture it might get in the crack you make and over time the whole building will come tumbling down!
Deception is no light matter and those who operate in that spirit are to be kept in their place. You are the reborn son of God they are not!
I will always discuss the nature of Jesus Christ. One very effective argument is to set them up with questions about God and who we can pray to. Use OT and NT to establish that you can only pray to God and that any other communication is idolatry and condemmned, even communcation with angels(they believe Jesus in the arch angel Michael) After you have them telling you this, let them prove it to you with scripture and then once they are happy to have taught you something go to Acts and ask what Stephen is doing(acts7:54-60)as he is about to die? Who does he pray to? Men who are about to breath their last breath pray to God and it is Jesus to whom Stephen prays? He asks Jesus to receive his spirit!(An angel receiveing the sprits of men......?) If Jesus can be prayed to then why do they not pray to Jesus?(ask them if they would like to pray to Jesus right then.) If Jesus in not God then how can you pray to Him? It is a good argument because it is record of someones experience who lived at the beginning of the church and so he would have been aquainted with accurate doctrine. His confession and prayer reflected his belief system and if Jesus was not God he would not have adressed Him as he was dieing!
What ever you do stick to one topic and drive it home. 'Repetition is the mother of retention'!
Julian

2006/10/31 14:43Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi Christian, well done for meeting with him.all whats been said is sound advice, I regularey chat with them when they call,
my advice, relax, love them,show gracefulness, and when you dont truly know an answer to a question, admit it but say,'i'll come back to you'. Also try to ask them about there own testimony and then talk about yours and what the new birth means to you as an experience in your everyday life.Talk about the reality of God's presence and freedom from Sin and sins.
Because JW's are un regenerate they do not know the experience of freedom from sin.
let us know how you get on
much love

2006/10/31 15:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy