SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Testing The Waters

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Testing The Waters

Testing The Waters

How many of you believe that God’s Son always existed and that the Holy Spirit is the Father’s Spirit?

2006/10/30 15:03
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Testing The Waters

Hi,

This website is a evangelical Christian website, and hopefully carries with it the same Spirit of the Apostles and our Lord Jesus Christ. The belief in the trinity is absolute and sure in the speakers on the website. This website is non-denominational in nature therefore embracing the "oneness" and "unity" of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, but at the same time there is clear distinctions of biblical doctrine and practice.

I hope you enjoy your time on the website and do listen to some of the audio sermon speakers. I recommend you listen to Paris Reidhead to start and this message by him: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

Also if you have itunes installed you can download the podcast:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=161123223 this will give you a taste of the different preachers on the site.

2006/10/30 15:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

[i]But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[/i]

2006/10/30 15:40Profile

The Day Of Pentecost:

Acts 1:4-5 (New King James Version)
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with [b]the Holy Spirit[/b] not many days from now.”

Acts 2:1-4 (New King James Version)
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with [b]the Holy Spirit[/b] and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:14-18 (New King James Version)
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, [u]let this be known to you[/u], and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘ And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of [b]My Spirit[/b] on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out [b]My Spirit[/b] in those days; And they shall prophesy.

On the day of Pentecost they had all been filled with [b]the Holy Spirit[/b], as had been promised. The Apostle Peter later goes on to quote the prophet Joel and declares the mysteries of God. "And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of [b]My Spirit[/b]". Indeed, some scriptures are hard to understand, however if you have a good foundation they all fall into place.

Allow me to post a few more scriptures.

Mark 13:11 (New King James Version)
But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, [b]but the Holy Spirit[/b].

Matthew 10:18-20 (New King James Version)
You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, [b]but the Spirit of your Father[/b] who speaks in you.

Notice that Matthew is writing about the same thing as Mark but that he goes on to say, "[b]the Spirit of your Father[/b]". Thus we see that the Holy Spirit is in fact our Father's Spirit.

I realize that some scriptures are hard to understand but once again, if you have a good foundation they'll fall into place. God willing of course.

By the way, I don’t belong to any denomination. I'm simply a born again, God fearing 41 year old man who has been loved of God and of His Son Jesus Christ.

Peace to God’s elect!
Who have been chosen according to His good purpose and will.

2006/10/31 1:08

The church of Jesus Christ is largely sleeping, like a great bedroom and you have all the Christians in bed and they’re all sleeping…

And they’re saying “Please don’t wake me up! I want to sleep on!” And of course when God starts to operate a revival people cannot sleep, you can’t sleep in the church when [b]the Spirit of God[/b] awakes the people.

- So I say, the Spirit of who???

You guys have it on your own site:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903]RIGHT HERE[/url]

Wake up!!!

2006/11/1 1:15
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

or here:

[b]The Revival Hymn - Google Video[/b]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2609149243719622443

"the Spirit of who?" [b]of God[/b]!

We believe in the Trinity, as God co-equal in the Godhead.

2006/11/1 1:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy